World Cup 2010.....

beej

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need of a debate, they organize a worldcup, that's the best possible debate. Basically, every team has a chance.

Yes, but some have far more of a chance than others!!!

I think the semis will feature 4 out of these 5; England, Holland, Brazil, Spain, Italy.

ah Holland.. always reminds of the girl that shows up at the Prom looking smokin hot...only to drink too much and pass out early!!

No need of a debate, they organize a worldcup, that's the best possible debate. Basically, every team has a chance.

Yes, but some have far more of a chance than others!!!

I think the semis will feature 4 out of these 5; England, Holland, Brazil, Spain, Italy.

ah Holland.. always reminds of the girl that shows up at the Prom looking smokin hot...only to drink too much and pass out early!!

Don't think they'll win, but they are looking good. Think semi for them.

at a push, and being unsure of the possible draws of the later stages, I would bet (a fiver) on a Spain vs Brazil final.

Let the draw debate begin........

I'd say Germany will win and the debate is closed ? :D

we said debate, not make a joke!!!

quarter finals for Germany if they're lucky. :wink:

They will be lucky, don't worry, more lucky as you could dream of... :twisted:

They will have to be. Because they certainly don't have the talent or skill to rely on those qualities alone.

Just make sure you beat Ingerland if you get them. That is victory enough. :twisted:

They will have to be. Because they certainly don't have the talent or skill to rely on those qualities alone.

If you say so, Sir Ian, you're the "expert" :twisted:

Nope. If I was an expert Madam Hugo, I'd be on the television giving my views. It is MY opinion and my thoughts. Funnily enough, that's what forums are about, and since this forum is a debate on the World Cup and who has the best chances, there is a chance, just a small chance, that people may give THEIR opinions as to what teams will perform well. It is therefore MY opinion that Germany lack the talent and skill to win the World Cup. I may be wrong, I may be right. I may be black, I may be white. We will only find out when the last game has been played. If I am wrong, and they play exceptionally well, then I will be the first to applaud a good performance. I just hope for a lot of exciting games. But it is MY opinion that the teams with real flair such as Spain, Holland and Brazil are the ones who will impress.

So please, if you are going to get sarcastic in your posts, at least ensure the sarcasm is matched by the intelligence. Sadly, in this case, that wasn't so.

:roll:

Beware Boyz, the "Wild Wild Wild Card" has come to play this year and I predict a major upset by the Semi Finals !!!

Will Smith is playing???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Did Scotland make the World Cup? :P:P

Don't be so bloody stupid!! Of course we didn't. Now eagerly awaiting the curling world championships!!! :D

Beware Boyz, the "Wild Wild Wild Card" has come to play this year and I predict a major upset by the Semi Finals !!!

Don't be so bloody stupid!! Of course we didn't. Now eagerly awaiting the curling world championships!!! :D

I hope you are not going to support England, unlike that other turncoat Stevie JR!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I hope you are not going to support England, unlike that other turncoat Stevie JR!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Dave; where I'm from, that's fighting talk. Remember, Stevie is a pink shirt wearing, bacardi breezer sipping friend of Dorothy. His turncoat actions shall be remembered, and small children shall follow him around the streets of his hometown on any visit home, mocking him loudly and throwing dog turds in his general direction.

:lol:

Dave; where I'm from, that's fighting talk. Remember, Stevie is a pink shirt wearing, bacardi breezer sipping friend of Dorothy. His turncoat actions shall be remembered, and small children shall follow him around the streets of his hometown on any visit home, mocking him loudly and throwing dog turds in his general direction.

same as last night along sukhumvit then !!!! :D:D

• 1 month later...

Ok it is not the World Cup but yet another sad day for international sport at the Africa Cup in Angola;

Emmanuel Adebayor on Togo football team bus ambushed by Angola gunmenGunmen spray automatic fire at bus carrying players to African Cup of Nations tournament

African football was in shock last night after gunmen attacked Togo's national squad, including the English Premier League player Emmanuel Adebayor, five months before the continent hosts its first World Cup.

The Togolese football team told how they crouched under their bus seats for 30 minutes as they were ambushed and "machine-gunned like dogs" by a gang in Angola. The attackers killed the driver and wounded nine others, including two players, as well as dealing a blow to Angola as it prepares to host its first African Nations Cup.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jan/08/togo-football-team-ambushed-angola

The Togo govt says the team is going home but the players are stating they want to play out of respect for those killed. Ade looked understandabely devasted in the footage I saw on BBC.

Seems crazy that the Togo team took a bus through an area of Angola which has a had a separatist campaign going on for decades.

It would be akin to a national team coming to BKK to play taking a bus through Pattani and Yala from Malaysia.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One (important) thing to keep me up very late watch football live on TV is football players. :oops: besides from that exciting of the game itself, players take big part to keep me awake..:lol:

As usual, world cup this year I have been looking for one to follow. Too bad, the TV program about the road to world cup 2010 that ch. 9 broadcasted was after midnight so i missed many teams but I found him, a goalkeeper (I like goalkeeper with no reason), of a team which I couldnt remember which country. But I still have time to find out who is him until the first match start in June, a goalkeeper who took my heart :oops:

But for the team, of course, I always go for German. I like (and get used to) their playing style. :D

what about you ?

One (important) thing to keep me up very late watch football live on TV is football players. :oops: besides from that exciting of the game itself, players take big part to keep me awake..:lol:

As usual, world cup this year I have been looking for one to follow. Too bad, the TV program about the road to world cup 2010 that ch. 9 broadcasted was after midnight so i missed many teams but I found him, a goalkeeper (I like goalkeeper with no reason), of a team which I couldnt remember which country. But I still have time to find out who is him until the first match start in June, a goalkeeper who took my heart :oops:

But for the team, of course, I always go for German. I like (and get used to) their playing style. :D

what about you ?

anyone-but-england-t-shirt-724-p.jpg