World Cup 2010.....

beej

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad call, can't wait till it starts!

not a bad call !!! :roll: i'd say it's a guessing game trying to select the 2 finalists before the group stages even start. depending on how the group stages pan out Spain and the Netherlands could well meet before the final !!!

having said all that .... both r on my short list for my punt on who will be the outright winner !! :D

Club football is over now, and the Red Shirt protests failed to torch the Man U bar, they even did a sh*t job of doing over the Gooner shop in Central world.

On a brighter note the World Cups just around the corner, and for those Geeks out there.... so is the uber geeky Fantasy Football.

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/M/home.mc

Your league code is 97318-37022

All seems pretty confusing but I'm sure it'll make some sense when the full teams are announced next week.

For the Winner I'll offer up a bottle of Whisky out of my own Jewish pocket, it'll be paid in person on the 11th July to who ever wins...... with the last game just happening to be my 31st Birthday, so no doubt I'll be out in a bar somewhere in Bangkok with many of you wearing my Ghana shirt.

If you're not in Bangkok that night or have someone there to collect it for you, then it'll go to who ever comes second... third and so on.

I wish you all the worst of luck.

Only 7 people sign up.

Are people afraid of you , or what?

Shocking, a bottle of finest booze is up for grabs..... conditions apply* :wink:

Keep your grubby hands off my Leo!

Anyone NOT considering Rooney or Drogba for their team?

Me, i will not take Drogba for sure.He will probably too expensive i am really not sure that he will do well during this World cup.

A bit off topic but we now come round to one of the usual World Cup debates - how to watch matches with english commentary.

I do have a S.A. dish in Bangkok but I dont plan to be there. UBC are offering HD but I suspect this doesnt come with english commentary (as UBC can offer dual language on SD.)

Radio broadcasts always have a 30 second lag for some reason (something to do with broadcasting rights.)

So if you want games with english language commentary is it a non-starter 'again'. I dont really mind staying up to 2.00am in the morning to watch a match but at that time the constant 'krup, krup, krup....' does grate a bit.

We're moving to a new house next week so I think I'm going to pick up a big dish as well, don't want to have to deal with those bloody advertising breaks every 10 minutes when they shoot the game into a 4'' box in the top left of the screen while they try to sell you hair conditioner or panty liners.

Though as ever you never know what the deal is till the very last moment when it comes to TV rights and commentary.

We're moving to a new house next week so I think I'm going to pick up a big dish as well, don't want to have to deal with those bloody advertising breaks every 10 minutes when they shoot the game into a 4'' box in the top left of the screen while they try to sell you hair conditioner or panty liners.

Though as ever you never know what the deal is till the very last moment when it comes to TV rights and commentary.

Just be a bit careful before you get the 'big dish'. As I understand it S.A. TV (DSTV/Supersports or whatever) is currently changing satellites (I think due to a lack of Ku band transponders) so that you will not be able to pick up their transmission in the future. Remember you are not really supposed to pick it up here anyways as they dont have the TV rights.

I think the UBC HD offering might circumvent the shampoo adverts (as it is at least theoretically against their license agreement.) But it will not solve the english language problem.

My Thai is good enough to understand 'yes that's Heskey with the ball, he passed, and now Willigeg Abromaviski has it' but you really miss those 'Peter Crouch has headed the ball and a free kick has been given against England because he is three foot taller than his opposition' moments.

I still have a nagging doubt that we won't see play abandoned due to burning tyres on the pitch interfering with play.

"James clears, to (wanker) Terry, he lofts it forwards, great control by Wright-Phillips, he dashes, darts right to left, the defenders are all two left feet, he pulls it back across the box to ROOOOOOOONAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY who wallops in into the back of the net for his hat-trick! And it's only 20 minutes in!

The Argies are really going to have to work hard to pull this one back!!"

Drogba out of the World Cup

The Chelsea striker was forced off the pitch with an injury to his elbow during the first half of a warm-up game against Japan in Sion, Switzerland.

L'Equipe reported on its website that he was immediately taken to hospital for scans, after which he confirmed he would play no part in the upcoming tournament in South Africa.

from yahoo.

Ferdinand out as well..... injured by that **** Heskey.... why couldn't it be the other way around?

Ferdinand always was useless anyway. My plan is in no way effected.

The only thing that would make me happier would be if the useless git died in agony as a result of a waywardly applied anesthetic used to alleviate the pain.

And I already knew that tosser Drogba would throw it rather than risk his rep. Wanker.

Ohhhh I just got a shiver up my spine.

Game on!

(Throws a line out trying to feel out the competition.)

team picked - game on!

Rio Ferdinand ruled out of World Cup after clash in training with Emile Heskey, so now Rio won't be wearing the England captain armband its got the whole nation raising the question again...

...What the f*ck is Emile Heskey doing in the England squad?

crippling Ferdinand by the looks of things !!! :D:D:D

f**king classic ... u couldn't make it up !!! :D:D

USA 6/1 to beat England in the opening game.....thoroughly unpatriotic but those do seem like good odds...

Very good odds, I can see it being a draw though!

draw is very likely.

USA team looks like a pretty typical US team--decent on defense, plucky, but a bit lacking in creativity and firepower. also altidore will likely play but has sprained his ankle.

ps i'm in this thing as soon as i can sort out where the hell you go to like add players an stuff. screen name: No Stradamus.