tell the truth? Got BF/GF from internet

imback

If you got BF/GF from internet...One day you need to take him/her to introduce to your family.

Will you tell dad/mom that you got him/her from internet ?

I still thinking...how to introduce him, yeah I got him from internet (my family is a bit conservative)

if introduce him to my friends, I dare to tell the truth...but introduce to family ummmm

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met my gf (now ex gf) through the net. We were together for a few years. When it came to telling my friends how we met, it didnt have a problem telling them the truth. But when it came to my family it did feel a little weird saying "I met her through the net/myspace"

But once they saw us together and saw how well we got on (not to be confused with got it on,lol) etc etc...they just dealt with it.

So yea I see where your coming from...people who are less informed about the internet may see it as a seedy or dangerous way to meet people....I just said it and waited for the sly looks at each other across the table.lol. They'll get over it.

My good friend's father re-married via the internet.

Guess she wouldn't have a problem telling him about an internet love!

Both my sister and I worked for matchmaker.com early on, so mom and dad would just understand it as an office related thing...

:roll:

ahh... the modern 21st century family unit

i did tell my mom the truth... :wink:

at first i hesitate...but i think where we meet isnt important more than what/how i tell her his story/ background... who he really is...

just imagine how much your mom care of you...

the guy from internet is like an "invisible" man... come from nowhere, but thru the cable! especially a guy from another part of the world...

how deep you know him... his background... and surely introduce to your parents...

ask yourself first...

it's ok if you like to share with your parents whom you are dating with... it would be good if you tell his story bit by bit... and wait till the time is right for you and your parents

meanwhile you would gradually know whether he is the right guy for you (and your family)

somehow, what you worry now is not an essential :wink:

If you got BF/GF from internet...One day you need to take him/her to introduce to your family.

Will you tell dad/mom that you got him/her from internet ?

I still thinking...how to introduce him, yeah I got him from internet (my family is a bit conservative)

if introduce him to my friends, I dare to tell the truth...but introduce to family ummmm

I told my family that I met my partner from Internet when I was going to introduce him to them, then they asked me what Internet is? :lol:

I don't see anything wrong with you saying that you met him from the Internet. Are you afraid that they won't like him or are you scare of feeling embarrassed if they laughed at you? :?:

i did tell my mom the truth... :wink:

at first i hesitate...but i think where we meet isnt important more than what/how i tell her his story/ background... who he really is...

just imagine how much your mom care of you...

the guy from internet is like an "invisible" man... come from nowhere, but thru the cable! especially a guy from another part of the world...

how deep you know him... his background... and surely introduce to your parents...

ask yourself first...

it's ok if you like to share with your parents whom you are dating with... it would be good if you tell his story bit by bit... and wait till the time is right for you and your parents

meanwhile you would gradually know whether he is the right guy for you (and your family)

somehow, what you worry now is not an essential :wink:

good luck with that.

Difference family, difference way to deal with.

I think I understand imback. My family is conservative as well. They know what internet is. But from the news about internet make them perception gone in bad way.

If I told them I met many friends from internet they would freak out. I tried to tell them there are 2 sides of story... Good and Bad.

Just my farang friend who they know in real life, they always told me to be careful when I go out with him... "Don't go to his apartment" "Don't go to with him alone, bring some friends with you" "Don't go to pubs and bars with him" "Don't let him touch you" etc.

No doubt about my guy... yeah we met on the net. but someday the truth will be revealed. Still don't know how to handle it.

Difference family, difference way to deal with.

I think I understand imback. My family is conservative as well. They know what internet is. But from the news about internet make them perception gone in bad way.

If I told them I met many friends from internet they would freak out. I tried to tell them there are 2 sides of story... Good and Bad.

Just my farang friend who they know in real life, they always told me to be careful when I go out with him... "Don't go to his apartment" "Don't go to with him alone, bring some friends with you" "Don't go to pubs and bars with him" "Don't let him touch you" etc.

No doubt about my guy... yeah we met on the net. but someday the truth will be revealed. Still don't know how to handle it.

if someone asks, just say "we have mutual friends."