what would you do Gf comeback to your country on your visa

bas1973

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55555555++

when I walk into a shop that sells books, I always stumble upon some diary-a of some foreigner that lived in thailand and his (their) story revolving around love with an ( many. what a stud) asian woman. Read: fuxing bar girls and the stuff around it ( I guess it could be brown too ).

Now I don't intend to say that you met your "lady" ( honorific title ) in patapong but since thailand seems to be known only for prostitution, drunk germans/british, beaches and it's so well documented on the matter with all those books and internet forums, sub forums and thaivisa that I just can't understand why people still get fooled with this and then feel the need to post it on an internet forum so all can enjoy.

but in all seriousness, yeah, report her or you might get in trouble. you we're like the mule carrying the coke out of columbia to the US, basically.

55555555++

when I walk into a shop that sells books, I always stumble upon some diary-a of some foreigner that lived in thailand and his (their) story revolving around love with an ( many. what a stud) asian woman. Read: fuxing bar girls and the stuff around it ( I guess it could be brown too ).

werid that .... i go into shops that sell books at least once a week and NEVER stumble upon such books !!!

Now I don't intend to say that you met your "lady" ( honorific title ) in patapong but since thailand seems to be known only for prostitution, drunk germans/british, beaches and it's so well documented on the matter with all those books and internet forums, sub forums and thaivisa that I just can't understand why people still get fooled with this and then feel the need to post it on an internet forum so all can enjoy.

never underestimate the stupidity of mankind ... especially drunk mankind falling in love with bar girls !!!

but in all seriousness, yeah, report her or you might get in trouble. you we're like the mule carrying the coke out of columbia to the US, basically.

ex-gf breaking terms of her visa Vs carrying coke from columbia to the US !! ... i know which i'd rather get busted for !!!

55555555++

werid that .... i go into shops that sell books at least once a week and NEVER stumble upon such books !!!

really? books about thailand written by outsiders that are not published by lonely planet are 99% of the time about "the wild streets of bangkok" or pattaya. not about temples or teenagers blowing zits on the motorcycle in front of 7/11.

try finding one and go through quickly. it's hilarious. they always write about girls named "noi" or "ploy" 55

55555555++

really? books about thailand written by outsiders that are not published by lonely planet are 99% of the time about "the wild streets of bangkok" or pattaya. not about temples or teenagers blowing zits on the motorcycle in front of 7/11.

try finding one and go through quickly. it's hilarious. they always write about girls named "noi" or "ploy" 55

sounds amazing .... what have i been missing out on ?? .... must suggest one for the next book club meeting !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

If you haven't read Private Dancer, you've got to get on it. It's hilarious and a bit sad. If any of it is even remotely reality based, there are some complete IDIOTS in Bangkok.

even if it is NOT based remotely on reality i can assure u there r still plenty of complete IDIOTS in BKK .... just go out drinking along sukhumvit any night and u'll see loads of them !!!

If you haven't read Private Dancer, you've got to get on it. It's hilarious and a bit sad. If any of it is even remotely reality based, there are some complete IDIOTS in Bangkok.

even if it is NOT based remotely on reality i can assure u there r still plenty of complete IDIOTS in BKK .... just go out drinking along sukhumvit any night and u'll see loads of them !!!

Honestly, Sukhumvit is tame compared to some places I've been. I get a little confused as to why people make such a fuss about the place.

Try Itaewon after Midnight in Seoul.

Tel Aviv about 3 in the AM.

Cairo at any time of day or night.

All much worse. More idiots and what's worse about Tel Aviv is that they've got hot little 16 and 17 year old girls who look like they're 30 and don't mind being picked up and risking your ass with jail time.

Hell, I saw more idiots out in Paris, Athens and Rome this past summer than I've seen in all of my visits to Bangkok.

Then you've got Phnom Penh. Those fuckers'll pull a gun on you in a heartbeat if you venture into the wrong bar and bump into the wrong little rich punk.

Give me Sukhumvit any day of the week.

And you ain't seen idiots until you've seen a bunch of uncoordinated white boys trying to dance to hip hop or Arabs going all hip hop and beat box in a club. I felt like I was transported back in time to the mid-1980s. :lol:

Honestly, Sukhumvit is tame compared to some places I've been. I get a little confused as to why people make such a fuss about the place.l

well i was talking about the type of IDIOTS as described in private dancer !!

Funny story.

Depending upon one's perspective, of course.

In Sanjaree, right outside Camp Hovey in the north of the ROK. There are several of what we called "Drinky Bars." These bars are strikingly similar to the bars of NaNa, Soi Cowboy, Pattaya and Patpong. You walk in. Girls surround you. Ply you with drinks and try to get you to by them "Lady Drinks." Usually, some kidn of fruit juice. Some of these bars have dancers on stages or platforms. Some pool tables. What they all have is SEX for SALE.

I did two tours in Korea. A little over two years on station.

It never failed to amaze me that guys would frequent these establishments and actually FALL IN LOVE with the girls from whom they and every other Tom, **** and Harry were purchasing sex. Boom Boom.

These bar owners. Mamasans. They'd bring girls in from the country side. Poor girls with little to no education. After bringing them, these girls would have a "bar debt" to the Mamasan. The money for room and board. New clothes and make up. Food and whatever else Mamasan and the bar provided for their survival/livelihood until they were established and taking in customers.

One girl. Amazingly pretty. She had an excellent scam going. Before she was found out, she scammed three different guys. She would get some poor soul. A sucker. To fall in love with her. They'd start "dating" while she was working at the bar. She'd be "working" all the while. Raking in the dough, but, telling him that she was only serving drinks and what not.

So she got the first one. The first sucker. She got him hemmed up. They made marriage plans. Old Dude would start supporting her while she was supposedly not "working" at the bar and just serving drinks. The guy would pay the bar debt for her. Somewhere between 3 and 5 thousand dollars. They'd start the VISA process.

Once everything was paid off. Bar debt, etc. And old girl had soaked the poor sucker out of his hard earned money, it would usually be time for GI Joe Loverboy to PCS back stateside.

At this point, the gal would disappear. All of the money with her. Up in smoke. She'd make some excuse about going home to see her family before she went to the land of the Big PX or whatever.

Loverboy would be sitting at the Airport waiting for the love of his life who would, of course, never show up. She having absconded with all of his money.

This gal was able to do this three times before she was caught. I'm sure she wasn't the first or the last to run the scam.

Broken hearted GI Joe on the airplane headed back to America sobbing. The gal and Mamasan splitting his money.

After the guy PCS'd, the girl would come back to work for the same bar. Find a new sucker and do it again.

Beautiful scam.

The hell of it is that you'd think that only dumb farm boys from Kentucky or West Virginia would fall for this kind of scam.

Nope!

Two of this gals victims were Officers. One was a Major. I guess education doesn't help in matters of the heart.

******* numbnuts, if you ask me.

The same kind of **** that happens in lower Sukhumvit to dumbass farang happens all over the world. Same **** in Panama as well. I saw similar scams and set ups there as well. And I laughed my ass off at the suckers there too.

It's amazing. The ingenuity and artfulness of the deceit of some of these characters.

55555555++

never underestimate the stupidity of mankind ... especially drunk mankind falling in love with bar girls !!!

ex-gf breaking terms of her visa Vs carrying coke from columbia to the US !! ... i know which i'd rather get busted for !!!

I am somewhat stunned ( and I don't believe you) that you have NEVER stumbled across books written by ex-pats about experiences in Thailand. They are ******* everywhere in shops which sells books in English language.

Stephen Leather often writes great books with a Thailand element, Private Dancer, Live Fire............ In fact this is the first time I have heard of a farang living here who hadn't at least heard of such books.

'Confessions of a BKK PI' is good fun too.

And to all the posts about the Sukhumvitt idiots....mmmmmm....... I seem to recall numerous events where TF members meet in well known hooker areas before going on to somewhere more classy ...... Like Spice Club or Bossy :? And as for the conversation between male TFers..... well use your imagination as to what they like to talk about.

But then this is www.thailandfriends.com , where nobody (admits to) playing around in hooker areas, nobody sleeps around, everyone gets so angry at the farangs spoiling it all for u by playing around, everyone uses condoms (on the ultra rare occasions they get laid as many are not in relationships and of course don't **** around lol), nobody misunderstands any aspect of Thailand, everyonel says " I have never met anyone of TF before" when meeting the next peice of meat on the street via the TF who's online section, everyone mocks others for errors when trying to live here because nobody on TF ever made an error with such amazing cultural skills, nobody is an English Teacher and the few who are and admit it (come out of the classroom) will be mocked as low class fat pieces ofshit who couldn't get laid in a brothel (outside of Bangkok and Pattaya of course), poorly paid farang keenok types who never have qualifications, turd eaters who know f-all about language and only play hang man for 5 hours a day with kids and finally, everyone on TF is a ******* gentleman and / or (delete as needed) a lady with no negative aspects to them and free membership from guys who wish to nail them!

But then this is www.thailandfriends.com , where nobody (admits to) playing around in hooker areas, nobody sleeps around, everyone gets so angry at the farangs spoiling it all for u by playing around, everyone uses condoms (on the ultra rare occasions they get laid as many are not in relationships and of course don't f*ck around lol), nobody misunderstands any aspect of Thailand, everyonel says " I have never met anyone of TF before" when meeting the next peice of meat on the street via the TF who's online section, everyone mocks others for errors when trying to live here because nobody on TF ever made an error with such amazing cultural skills, nobody is an English Teacher and the few who are and admit it (come out of the classroom) will be mocked as low class fat pieces ofshit who couldn't get laid in a brothel (outside of Bangkok and Pattaya of course), poorly paid farang keenok types who never have qualifications, turd eaters who know f-all about language and only play hang man for 5 hours a day with kids and finally, everyone on TF is a f*cking gentleman and / or (delete as needed) a lady with no negative aspects to them and free membership from guys who wish to nail them!

That's classic stuff !!!

I enjoyed reading this so much, well done :P

But then this is www.thailandfriends.com , where nobody (admits to) playing around in hooker areas, nobody sleeps around, everyone gets so angry at the farangs spoiling it all for u by playing around, everyone uses condoms (on the ultra rare occasions they get laid as many are not in relationships and of course don't f*ck around lol), nobody misunderstands any aspect of Thailand, everyonel says " I have never met anyone of TF before" when meeting the next peice of meat on the street via the TF who's online section, everyone mocks others for errors when trying to live here because nobody on TF ever made an error with such amazing cultural skills, nobody is an English Teacher and the few who are and admit it (come out of the classroom) will be mocked as low class fat pieces ofshit who couldn't get laid in a brothel (outside of Bangkok and Pattaya of course), poorly paid farang keenok types who never have qualifications, turd eaters who know f-all about language and only play hang man for 5 hours a day with kids and finally, everyone on TF is a f*cking gentleman and / or (delete as needed) a lady with no negative aspects to them and free membership from guys who wish to nail them!

That's classic stuff !!!

I enjoyed reading this so much, well done :P

does this make him the award-winning writer and do we have to read this stuff at the next book club meeting ???

im writing Ciaran

I am somewhat stunned ( and I don't believe you) that you have NEVER stumbled across books written by ex-pats about experiences in Thailand. They are f*cking everywhere in shops which sells books in English language.

Stephen Leather often writes great books with a Thailand element, Private Dancer, Live Fire............ In fact this is the first time I have heard of a farang living here who hadn't at least heard of such books.

And to all the posts about the Sukhumvitt idiots....mmmmmm....... I seem to recall numerous events where TF members meet in well known hooker areas before going on to somewhere more classy ...... Like Spice Club or Bossy :? And as for the conversation between male TFers..... well use your imagination as to what they like to talk about.

Bravo!

I agree with a lot of what you say. Although, I understand SOME of the reasoning behind the facade that is put up here by SOME.

y're joking? i thought everyone knew only the names had been changed. okay there were some exaggerations but most of it is true. "Fatty" has sold the bar but most of the regulars are still there. I remember a TF xmas event being arranged there (not that many knew that was the bar) and everyone walking out in horror :P

Are you shitting me?

I just read the book about 3 months ago. Thought it was complete fiction. I still think that you are just ******* with me.

I am somewhat stunned ( and I don't believe you) that you have NEVER stumbled across books written by ex-pats about experiences in Thailand. They are f*cking everywhere in shops which sells books in English language.

Bravo!

I agree with a lot of what you say. Although, I understand SOME of the reasoning behind the facade that is put up here by SOME.

I understand too. I symapthize with them, like Congress sympathizes with Israel.

One would hate one's clean image (obviously I am not talking about me as my image is already filth) to be spolied and destroyed by the bar-girl hopping, kik sucking, condom-busting, nice-to-your-face-but-wait-till-you-are-out-of-ear-shot-ing (both men and women), partner stealing, relationship-crippling, drug-abusing, binge-drinking, occupation-walter-mitty-style-bullshitting, piss-on-society reality which is one's life in Bangkok.

Dude, I sincerely hope that you are laughing about all of this because that is a huge amount of negativity for one motherfucker to be shouldering all alone. :lol:

I don't know why anyone would put up a front here anyway. I'm the same aggressive, **** with everyone and laugh about it, who gives a **** attitude having motherfucker in person than I am on the board.

Of course, you'd have to experience it to believe it.

1.2.3.....and here comes the resident cyber-psychics to tell everyone how I really am...you know...because they've met me. They know me better than my own parents. :wink: