Wildlife Photos

LakeGeneve

The Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year Competition by the Natural History Museum and BBC Wildlife Magazine is one of the main wildlife pic comps around.

Check out the Adults awards for a great range of pics.

The Animal Portraits section has the comps overall winner being a shot of a wolf jumping over a gate.

There is also a Junior Awards section with some amazing shots by 10 - 17 yr olds.

ned2.jpg

a rare sighting of the lesser acned Glaswegian ned.

Ahh yes a rare sighting from the burberry clan....

I had constructed a hide from old boxes and placed some half full bottles of buckfast in plain view. Eventually these normally timid creatures overcame their natural shyness and approached the bottles with glints in their eyes...

took the pic at that point then ran before I got stabbed

:wink:

ned2.jpg

I had constructed a hide from old boxes and placed some half full bottles of buckfast in plain view. Eventually these normally timid creatures overcame their natural shyness and approached the bottles with glints in their eyes...

Oh they come for bottles these days do they?? i thought it was car stereos that were their favourite treat.

:)

ned2.jpg

Oh they come for bottles these days do they?? i thought it was car stereos that were their favourite treat.

:)

Oh no; the aroma of the tonic wine (this name does not imply health giving properties) can draw them from great distances, while an unattended car will only excite them when close.