1. 1. Are you for or against it?

• Yes. I believe in revenge
    • No, I dont believe in revenge
    • Give me a beer or I'll kick ya nuts.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what Bush, Cheney, Rummy or any of the others might be, it changes nothing regarding Saddam Hussein or his guilt.

He was tried. He was convicted. He was executed. All by his own countrymen.

Bush, Cheney are guilty of nothing more than any other powerful government in the history of this world are guilty.

You guys can wax poetic all ya want. It changes absolutely nothing.

Do I agree completely with the US led Coalition invasion of Iraq? Not really. Nor do I completely disagree.

Saddam was a monster. I'm not one of those wishy washy libs who gets queezy at the sight of blood. Sometimes war is a necessary evil. I just wish when we did it, we'd do it right.

Too late for regrets now, though.

>>>Saddam was a monster. I'm not one of those wishy washy libs who gets queezy at the sight of blood. Sometimes war is a necessary evil. I just wish when we did it, we'd do it right. <<<

in total agreement with your statement...

Do I believe in vengeance? Too right!

Some people need a dose of reality! Some people walk around thinking they can behave and say anything they like. If no-one gives those guys a slap, they'll never stop.

Is it barbaric? Brutal? Uncivilised? Almost certainly... but you need tweezers for some jobs and you need a big ******* hammer for other jobs.

I'm not the kind of guy that will start a fight, but if someone is asking for one, I won't back down either. I don't have the patience or faith to wait for the legal system to distribute justice... let's get it done quickly and get back to normality. You slap a kid when he does something wrong... you don't wait 6 months! Same thing with adults.

(Feeling mellow - Had a good night out :D Great French food at Le Bouchon, good conversation with a smart, funny, sexy girl and an early night - life's good.)

That's the trouble with dead people.

Those you wish weren't, are.

And those you wish were, aren't.

It's a very fine line.

Never mind, in a hundred years, who'll care?

Not George Bush I'll be bound.

Is it your wish that Saddam Hussein were alive and in power still? You must be a French or German oil man. :shock:

I might wish he hadn't been killed the way he was or so quickly, before he could atone for his actions and no, and I'm neither.

Sorry, but you obviously don't have the capacity to see things from anyone else's point of view other than your own.

There's obviously no point in trying to make you understand otherwise, so...

I, now, entirely agree with your point of view.

Woo hoo! I'm finally released from that wayward look at it from all angles before you decide poop.

(You have a field of view so narrow, it's scary.)

That's the trouble with dead people.

Those you wish weren't, are.

And those you wish were, aren't.

It's a very fine line.

Never mind, in a hundred years, who'll care?

Not George Bush I'll be bound.

Is it your wish that Saddam Hussein were alive and in power still? You must be a French or German oil man. :shock:

I might wish he hadn't been killed the way he was or so quickly, before he could atone for his actions and no, and I'm neither.

Sorry, but you obviously don't have the capacity to see things from anyone else's point of view other than your own.

There's obviously no point in trying to make you understand otherwise, so...

I, now, entirely agree with your point of view.

Woo hoo! I'm finally released from that wayward look at it from all angles before you decide poop.

(You have a field of view so narrow, it's scary.)

There it is. The "I have no idea about that which I discuss. Therefore, those who are not in 100% agreement with me are narrow minded myopic neo-conservative neolithic barbarians of hate and destruction." Statement. Had I bowled over everyone else in agreeing with you, I'd be the most enlightened soul to ever grace the planet. **** me runnin' butt naked on the sidewalk.

Exactly how was Saddam to atone for his actions. Who was going to make him do so. 10 or 15 years in an Iraqi prison. Would that have been proper atonement.

What positive could Saddam Hussein done for the world. I suppose if he were alive, the Nobel Committee could have awarded him the Nobel Peace Prize for the dubious achievement of not being George Bush Junior. He could be a rallying cry for the Ba'ath Party.

What good could a live Saddam do. What purpose would a live Saddam serve. There is none. The man got what he deserved. He got what he was so fond of serving. Death. Though, his was cleaner than he deserved. The man was a monster. A megalomaniac who was defiantly proud of his reign of terror even at the hour of his death.

What exactly are you trying to make anyone understand.

You're all vagaries, whimsical fabrications, what nots and what ifs.

All puff and no substance.

You've made nary one substantive claim or statement. You've simply posted vague allegations and notions of what you think might be justice or revenge vis a vis Bush, Saddam, Cheney and Rummy.

You stand on the sidelines judging things from the safe distance. It's easy to do. All too easy. Nice and clean. No blood. No dirt. No risk. No reality.

Please do me the honor of making one concrete statement on the subject. Just one. One. Even a small one. A slight slip that might be recognizable as a stance.

Again. He was tried. He was convicted. He was executed. By the Iraqi people.

Personally, I think your view is narrow. So narrow that it slips through the cracks of reality and through the looking glass in the seam of Alice's dress.

I already told you I totally changed my mind to suit your mood.

Isn't that enough?

He's dead already.

Isn't that enough?

In a hundred years, so be will you and I!

Isn't that enough?

Revenge was served.

Isn't that enough???

You have no room to manouver. Your answer is yes.

Please retire in the knowledge you have won already.

• 2 weeks later...

Revenge is an act of passion. It is immediate and justified.

No one would deny a mother the right to exact such against the killer of her child, done in her anger, or a father, or a husband or wife, son or daughter et al.

It is something done to, in some way, make up for that which was done against you.

Otherwise, it's merely killing. It isn't revenge, nor is it justified.

The cold-blooded killing of, say, the Sniper Kiler, yesterday, was not something borne of revenge.

It was just another political murder with mitigating circumstances.