• 8) stare
    • 9) Face Off
    • 10) Shy smile
    • 11) Doh!
    • 12) My Happy Prius!
    • 13) Little face
    • 14) Who i am
    • 15) Gimme a Cracker!

Here are the 'Shutternuts' October's TF Photo Competition entries on the topic of "Face" as chosen by September's winner Neo just in time for TF's anniversary and Haloween.

Many thanks to all those that participated and it looks like a record turnout too this month. 8)

Entry 1

CIMG9532.jpg

"Confuse or Itchy"

Entry 2

LookintomyEyes.jpg

"Hypnotizing You!"

Entry 3

constant-reminder.jpg

"constant reminder"

Entry4

SANY0362.jpg

"Pic your face"

Entry 5

WinkerFace.jpg

"Winker"

Entry 6

Jake.jpg

"Jake the Hedgehog"

Entry 7

headtree2.jpg

"Buddha Face"

Entry 8

DSC_0513a-crop-a.jpg

"stare"

Entry 9

Oct2009.jpg

"Face off"

Entry 10

DSC_0480.jpg

"Shy smile"

Entry 11

face.jpg

"Doh!"

Entry 12

My20Happy20Prius20.jpg

"My Happy Prius!"

Entry 13

baby.jpg

"Little face"

Entry 14

face08b.jpg

"Who i am"

Entry 15

P1016113.jpg

"Gimme a Cracker!"

Over to you ladies and Gents...get voting, get discussing, get torn apart by the choices at hand. Good luck to everyone.

Vote will last 7 days.

Keep it civilised & constructive with the comments as usual, please! :wink:

8)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 is a lovely piece of photoshop story telling.. A nice long exposure of the street scene with car trails against the tac sharp face of the vagrant. This almost looks like a window reflection so really nicely edited because some would believe this to be a single image..

I was in two minds to vote for this piece of art because of the photoshop and the use of two photographs as opposed to one. So although this is my favorite image i will vote cast my vote for number 4 because it is a pure photograph that fits nicely with the theme.

So although this is my favorite image i will vote cast my vote for number 4 because it is a pure photograph that fits nicely with the theme.

True, but the subject was already sitting there for you to shoot. I prefer something that requires more luck and customizing... Couldn't decide between 2 or 14 but then i went for number 2 bc i loved the little girl's CRAZY eye!! If the pic was cropped a bit better it would look amazing. Definitely would be good as a black and white, too.

So although this is my favorite image i will vote cast my vote for number 4 because it is a pure photograph that fits nicely with the theme.

True, but the subject was already sitting there for you to shoot. I prefer something that requires more luck and customizing... Couldn't decide between 2 or 14 but then i went for number 2 bc i loved the little girl's CRAZY eye!! If the pic was cropped a bit better it would look amazing. Definitely would be good as a black and white, too.

i actually thought the blurred background added to the picture and made the little girl's face stand out .... i liked this pic, but still ended up voting for number 14.

Easiest choice yet . . . #3, "constant reminder"

Technically perfect, judicious use of color, superb range of depth, and nails the theme.

finally we have something to agree on, Rob :) It's just a photo that tell much story. Bravo to the owner.

I was never aware of anything on which we disagreed . . . :wink: