Korat

drlovelife8

Question

I have recently been offered a pretty tasty job in Korat.

I have only resided in BKK during my 5 years here and have huge reservations about living there due to my experiences with people from Isan in BKK.

I know that makes me a judgemental prick, but hey, this is TF, where such actions are fundamental to forum use.

Back to the topic.

Anyone lived there for an extended period of time?

What comparisons can you draw about Korat and BKK from your experience of living there?

Anything about the place would be helpful.

Dizzy

It's a great place, a hell of a lot cheaper to live than BKK You can go to the fresh food market every day or the night market most nights.

Issan people are great very friendly and helpful. If you are a down to earth person you will get alone well in Korat.

There is plenty to see locally and it is well situtated to go see most of the rest of Thailand on short trips. The bonus is it is no where near as congested as BKK.

Give it a go, I think you will end up loving it there.

I've seen Ms Jaidee's pics, never knew it was so nice there. Thought it was just dusty dry fields, but i was wrooong. How many ppl live in Korat? I'd love the open roads and the fresh air...things you don't get in central bkk.

Besides, the prettiest girls I've ever met in Thailand are from there. But that doesn't matter now since I'm not single... :-(

Aight dude, good luck with your moving.

Please go. and never come back.

BUB BYE !

Another cracker from TF's most objective and unbiased moderator.

I shouldn't lower myself to your level. But.... I could say 'kiss my ***' but I would be afraid of infection.

You should have said it to my face at det 5 at the halloween do. Nice costume by the way.

As for those who did respond as required thanks. I will check out Jaidee's pics.

P.S. Barbie................... I haven't gone yet so don't break out the costume winning bottle of black label just yet, and yes Pee marc, I can still post uncomfortable truths wherever I am.

Thanks.

Dizzy

When you leave, Bangkok will have a higher ground.

I would, however, recommend MissJaidee to rethink about inviting some *..........* to your hometown. (gurl i know you love your province, it's nice and all, but hunnie, there's no place any where in this country for some *.......* who constantly condescending talking about Thai women and Thai people in the lowest manners.)

It depends on what you're looking for of course, but Bangkok is far and away the worst place in Thailand.

Unless you like educated girls, affordable public transport, global cuisine, latest movies, cool bars, trendy nightclubs, wifi, job opportunities and excellent shopping.

some of us like simple things and simple people...

When you leave, Bangkok will have a higher ground.

I would, however, recommend MissJaidee to rethink about inviting some *..........* to your hometown. (gurl i know you love your province, it's nice and all, but hunnie, there's no place any where in this country for some *.......* who constantly condescending talking about Thai women and Thai people in the lowest manners.)

Based on that I will stay as close to you as I possibly can. :D

The invite came from an employer not a forum member actually barbie. You just don't like the way I word stuff, but it is seldom far from the truth.

Thanks to those who took the time to respond and to Beej, don't worry I will leave the prozzies there alone for you when they come to BKK :D

It depends on what you're looking for of course, but Bangkok is far and away the worst place in Thailand.

- I disagree -

Simple word for simple man who lives in Angola.

Unless you like educated girls, affordable public transport, global cuisine, latest movies, cool bars, trendy nightclubs, wifi, job opportunities and excellent shopping.

Well said Bob.

ahhh You can say that again, Bob!

OK

I guess Phuket fits the bill as well - save for the job opportunities - albeit on a smaller and more expensive scale?

BTW, how is that tendy new nightclub in the shopping centre going? All sounds good from what I hear so you must be pulling good numbers? (And I don't mean an Absolute numbers :wink: )

I guess Phuket fits the bill as well - save for the job opportunities - albeit on a smaller and more expensive scale?

BTW, how is that tendy new nightclub in the shopping centre going? All sounds good from what I hear so you must be pulling good numbers?

This should probably not be in the forum, but I'm back in Bangkok. I worked my ass off there and ended up getting canned... long story including a Thai female boss.

The club isn't doing so well, which is a shame because it's an amazing looking place. It just needed marketing better.

Now I'm renovating and relaunching a restaurant in Bangkok - I'll do a TF event once I'm finished.