Kayaking in Thailand?

yeahrightdennis

Question

4 answers to this question

My friend Mark and I are coming to Thailand. It's his first time and he a super duper kayaking freak. I told him that I've seen kayaking sites and links online in Chiang Mai and some sea kayaking down south. Just wanted to know if anyone has done this, or know a place that's worth going to.

Have a look at this outfit. I did a diving/ kayaking adventure trip with them to some of the islands in Myanmar a few years ago. Very good. Departs from Ranong, to Kawthaung, where you join with one of their sailing boats.

http://www.seal-asia.com/seakayaking/index.htm

There is a famous kayaking excursion in Phuket - at night through the horng... I thinks it's called Hongs by starlight.

Anyway there is a great, big beardy American chap called John who guides you through the mangroves pointing out wildlife etc and into the sea caves which are filled with luminous stuff and fireflies etc.

His name is John Gray... just Google him for Kayaking and there are hundreds of write-ups etc.

For white-water, you have to go up north, but I don't know any companies there.