Food Recipes

Admin_2

Post your favorite food recipes here.

Tonight I made a basic Italian dish, macoroni with Italian sausage tomato sauce:

ITALIAN MEAT SAUCE

1 (28 oz.) can Italian tomatoes with basil, crushed

1 (16 oz.) can tomato sauce

1 (8 oz.) tomato paste

1 c. sliced mushrooms

1 lb. Italian Sausage (sliced)

1 lg. clove garlic

1/2 lg. green pepper (chopped)

1/2 onion (chopped)

1/2 tsp. oregano

1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper

Pan fry Sausages with onion and green pepper. Add rest of ingredients and simmer 2 hours...half hour would suffice as well.

Sorry, no pics...battery moet!

Thai Steamed Egg

* 4 eggs, beaten

* 1/2 cup tomato, cube

* 1 tablespoon soy sauce (of fish sauce)

* 2 cups chicken stock (or water)

* 1 tablespoon scallion, finely chopped

* 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder

* 1 teaspoon fried garlic (optional)

* coriander leaves (for garnishing)

r34-thai-steamed-egg.jpg

Preparations (2 serving)

1. Beat the eggs in the medium-sized bowl. Add the chicken stock (or water), tomato, pepper powder and soy sauce. Stir until all ingredients mixed well.

2. Heat water in a steamer. Wait until boiling, then place the bowl and turn down to medium heat. Steam for 15 minutes or until cooked.

3. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with chopped scallions and coriander leaves (and fried garlic : optional). Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.

Credit: http://www.ezythaicooking.com/free_recipes/thai-steamed-egg.htm

It's dinner time here and I don't have any idea what to have for the dinner. I think I will heat up the leftover pizza from yesterday.

"The best leftover Pizza tips"

1. take the leftover pizza out of the refrigerator

2. put it in a microwave for 2-3 minutes (don't forget to put a glass of water in the microwave, otherwise your pizza will be too hard)

3. make a good strong cup of coffee

4. eat in front of the TV.

well done Rob; I suggested to Nicky a thread with recipes from around the world but completely forgot about it!!

here's a nice easy one;

Highland Steaks;

4 fillet steaks

3oz butter

4 tablespoons cream

4 tablespoons whisky

4 oz cheddar cheese

parsley to garnish

Fry the steaks on both sides in the melted butter (season as required). Remove steaks from pan. Pour the cream and whisky into pan, mix and heat gently. Pour over steaks, garnish with grated cheese and parsley.

:)

My latest I call Red Cabbage Curry. I start with a cup of olive oil in a wok. After it is hot i put in chopped ginger and garlic( i use a lot of each) along with 1 chopped onion. I add the curry at this time , about 1 tablespoon or 2 depends on the curry powder. I stir in a big teaspoon of tumeric and then add 1 half of a red cabbage chopped into 1 inch squares. About 4 or 5 nice size carrots sliced diagnally. I let this cook till its beginning to be tender then I add a can of coconut milk with a pinch of corn starch. The I add 1 can of peas and stir it in and let the whole thing cook up for a bit. I added a sliced up tenderlion steak one time and that works also. I make a huge wok of it and eat it for days !!!

I made this for lunch. Odd ingredients but tasted yummy

1 tablespoon marmalde

1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger

a pinch of salt/ pepper

fresh thyme

1 tablespoon grainy mustard

1 tablespoon lemon juice

Zest of half a lemon

1. Combine all ingredients, rub over chicken breast.

2. Roast in oven for 20 mins at 180 degrees

3. Serve with a side salad

Fish and Chips

For the chips:

3 3/4 pints (2 litres) vegetable oil

2 pounds (950 grams) floury potatoes, like russets, peeled and cut into large chips

For the batter:

1 cup plain flour

1 cup beer

2 egg whites, whipped to soft peaks

Salt

4 (9 ounce/250 gram) fillets haddock or cod, skin on, and pin boned

Pour all the vegetable oil into a deep pan or deep fat fryer, and heat to 300 degrees F (160 degrees C.) Blanch the cut potatoes in the oil until soft, but not coloured, about 4 minutes. Remove and drain.

Mix together the flour and the beer, and then fold in the egg whites. Turn up the heat of the oil to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Dip the fish in the batter and fry for a few minutes with the chips until golden brown.

Drain on kitchen paper and serve with bread and butter, wally's (battered, deep fried pickles served with ranch dressing), and pickled eggs.

Makes about 4 servings. Enjoy ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Filipino Beef Steak

Ingredients

* 1 lemon, juiced

* 3 tablespoons soy sauce

* 1 teaspoon white sugar

* salt and pepper to taste

* 4 pounds New York strip steak, sliced thin

* 1 tablespoon cornstarch

* 1/4 cup vegetable oil

* 3 tablespoons olive oil

* 1 onion, chopped

* 2 cloves garlic, chopped

Directions

1. Whisk the lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Place the sliced steak in a large bowl; pour the lemon juice mixture over the steak and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the cornstarch and lightly mix. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour, up to overnight.

2. Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a large skillet. Remove the beef slices from the marinade, shaking to remove any excess liquid. Fry the beef slices in batches in the hot oil until they start to firm, and are reddish-pink and juicy in the center, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the beef slices from the skillet and set aside on a serving platter.

3. Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion and garlic in the hot oil until the onion is golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes; pour over the beef slices.

new singapore restaurants

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Thai Steamed Egg

* 4 eggs, beaten

* 1/2 cup tomato, cube

r34-thai-steamed-egg.jpg

Preparations (2 serving)

1. Beat the eggs in the medium-sized bowl. Add the chicken stock (or water), tomato, pepper powder and soy sauce. Stir until all ingredients mixed well.

2. Heat water in a steamer. Wait until boiling, then place the bowl and turn down to medium heat. Steam for 15 minutes or until cooked.

3. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with chopped scallions and coriander leaves (and fried garlic : optional). Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.

What an amazing recipe!!!

Thanks for it and thanks for the picture!

That's exactly what I would love to cook right now!

Edited by pandorea
The link is deleted.

Here's a nice Scottish dessert to make...

Crannachan

Ingredients;

60g of medium oatmeal

150g of raspberries

4 tablespoons of malt whisky

4 tablespoons of runny Scottish honey (or any runny honey)

600mls of double cream

Scatter the oatmeal onto a baking tray and toast in a low oven or under the grill until they become golden brown. Do stand and watch this because they can easily and quickly burn.

The chef Nick Nairn advises toasting the oatmeal with a half measure of sugar together to give a crunchy texture and caramel flavour. This is done either under the grill or with care in a non stick frying pan using a medium heat and tossing often. Nick Nairn uses pinhead oatmeal and uses soft brown sugar. He also recommends tossing the raspberries in whisky and warm honey for an enhanced flavour. Once prepared he hen drizzles any extra whisky with the warmed honey over the cranachan.

Blend 50g of the raspberries in the liquidiser until they become smooth.

Whip the double cream until a stiff mixture forms.

Stir in the honey and the whisky and mix well. Do use a good quality malt whisky to enhance the flavour. Use a different malt each time you make Cranachan with raspberries to enjoy a new taste.

Fold in 50g of the toasted oatmeal then fold in 50g of the raspberry puree. A rippled effect should be achieved.

Spoon the mixture into tall glasses or individual serving dishes. Gently scatter the remaining oatmeal and raspberries on the top of each dish.

(can also serve with freshly made shortbread)

• 1 year later...
Thai Steamed Egg

* 4 eggs, beaten

* 1/2 cup tomato, cube

r34-thai-steamed-egg.jpg

Preparations (2 serving)

It's a good one recipe for the steamed eggs.

I would like to try your this recipe at my home.

Thanks a lot for sharing this steamed eggs recipe.