• 3) Clear Heels
    • 4) Duty
    • 5) Pile Up
    • 6) Random Nights
    • 7) In Her Shoe
    • 8) donâ??t throw them away
    • 9) Because I wanna be in the picture!
    • 10) My Shoes

Here are the 'Shutternuts' November's TF Photo Competition entries on the topic of "Shoes" as chosen by September's winner velvet.

Many thanks to all those that participated and I hope no footwear was hurt during the taking of these images. 8)

Entry 1

Bilss.jpg

"Bliss"

Entry 2

IMG_3296-7.jpg

"Rest"

Entry 3

shoes.jpg

"Clear Heels"

Entry4

_MG_2761.jpg

"Duty"

Entry 5

nov2009.jpg

"Pile Up"

Entry 6

shoesnov2009.jpg

"Random Nights"

Entry 7

InHerShoe.jpg

"In Her Shoe"

Entry 8

DSC_0015a.jpg

"don’t throw them away"

Entry 9

mkba.jpg

"Because I wanna be in the picture!"

Entry 10

MyShoes.jpg

"My Shoes"

Over to you ladies and Gents...get voting, get discussing, get torn apart by the choices at hand. Good luck to everyone.

Vote will last 7 days.

Keep it civilised & constructive with the comments as usual, please! :wink:

I also liked IainD's idea of having a "Best of" competition in December or January with the winning pictures of every month. Tell me what you think about it and if we shoud have it in December or January?

8)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well, let's see how somebody's gonna work the fuckin' painted eggs into this theme," I thought when I first saw this month's topic.

Looks as though everyone approached a straightforward concept with straightforward entries, though--resulting in several shots that are set up nicely and executed well. On the other hand, a few of the entries might have fared better with a bit of post-processing.

I'll vote after I have a look at the EXIF data. :wink: :twisted:

some great ideas and obviously ppl have put effort and thought into a lot of these thoughts ... very impressed with numbers 2, 4, 7 & 10.

will come back and have another look before choosing !! well done to all who entered !!

eventually went for number 2 !!!

well now you're back, why don't you vote :shock:

voted yesterday .... :roll:

some great ideas and obviously ppl have put effort and thought into a lot of these thoughts ... very impressed with numbers 2, 4, 7 & 10.

will come back and have another look before choosing !! well done to all who entered !!

eventually went for number 2 !!!

well now you're back, why don't you vote :shock:

voted yesterday .... :roll:

after you had your number 2?

:roll: :roll: .... don't give up the day job Jay !!!!

All rather predictable. I didn't vote any this time.

Apologies chaps.

:arrow:

Some ideas Marc of less predictable?

hey... I really like this comp and give my vote in just about every one. I'm hopeless with a camera and I tip my hat to those who do it well. But as a professional art director, I see many shots all the time in my job and Ive worked with 100s of photographers all over the world.

For one thing.. personally, I go for substance over special effects. I get turned on when I see someone has seen something or a view of something Ive never considered or even seen before. I love the ideas more than the technical prowess. And I love to see risk.

It's just that... unlike many other months... there's nothing here that grabs me enough to say "that's great'.

I think if the subject is as normal and mundane as "shoes" then perhaps its a good idea to find some way of showing or expressing the subject in a very surprising way. Some of these shoes go some way to do that, but I think more risk (or more drugs) should be taken. Eg... perhaps its not about shoes but rather what shoes do or the effect of shoes (pain, sex, walking badly, support, confidence etc). Or another way might be love or obsession of shoes... or shoes that tell an interesting story... blah blah.

Just my 2 bobs worth.