Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Treborz

If Pacquiao and Mayweather doesn't happen I don't think a fight with Malignaggi make much since. I read that Malignaggi looked pretty good in his last fight a few weeks ago but he got dominated by Hatton last year. I would rather see Pacquiao wait and fight the winner of the Mosley and Berto match that is taken place at the end of January.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Pacquiao and Mayweather doesn't happen I don't think a fight with Malignaggi make much since. I read that Malignaggi looked pretty good in his last fight a few weeks ago but he got dominated by Hatton last year. I would rather see Pacquiao wait and fight the winner of the Mosley and Berto match that is taken place at the end of January.

my good deed for the day...

http://yellowpages.wyff4.com/greenville+sc/barbers.zq.html

:wink:

my good deed for the day...

http://yellowpages.wyff4.com/greenville+sc/barbers.zq.html

:wink:

hahahaha....Very nice. :lol:

What I'd like to know is (maybe some of you big and buff guys can help here):

Are there steroids that aren't detectable via urine tests that do show up in blood tests?

If they are basically the same, shouldn't that shut Mayweather up?

And...

If THAT doesn't shut Mayweather up, shouldn't Manny proposing that he take a blood test immediately after the fight shut Mayweather up?

I mean...I'm not doctor but...

:roll:

HRH doesn't show up in urine tests and i'd guess there probably r other newer steroids which they don't know about yet. there's no doubt boxing's anti doping regulations r not as good as they should be, but why does mayweather wait until his 41st fight to start complaining about them !!!

sorry treborz --

I know this is totally off the subject. but I just had to post it.

-->Evander Holyfield to challenge Francois Botha for Botha's WBF heavyweight title<--

Evander Holyfield challenges Francois Botha.

::food for thought:: boxers could have comeback matches like the rolling stones, or the who concerts they could presumably fight with their walkers that would be kinda kewl to see two old men dukedoming it out...LOL

I know ,I know sic... :?

----------------------------::~

HRH doesn't show up in urine tests and i'd guess there probably r other newer steroids which they don't know about yet. there's no doubt boxing's anti doping regulations r not as good as they should be, but why does mayweather wait until his 41st fight to start complaining about them !!!.

I agree CM -- Mayweather analyzes the risk/reward factor in all his fights just as all businesses and good sportsmen do and he see's a chance that Pacman might -- just a reasonable chance.. just might; whoop up on him so he's coming up with unrealistic reasons why not too fight... of course it's a big purse but I think he's more worried about his perfect record at stake. he could fight a few good bum fighters and achieve the same amount of money that this one fight purse would. I do feel Pacman's camp will eventually cave in and meet him halfway. just because deep down Pac would just want to prove to himself that he is undisputedly the best.. we will just have to wait n see though. :idea:

My question is..... How does a guy turn pro at 108 lbs. Then work his way up to 146 lbs with....... Zero extra fat, Zero loss in cardio, no apparent ill effects of 40% weight gain (somewhat unusual) and finally he refuses to draw blood. This smells of De La Hoya with his blood draining track marks.

Paki doesn't want to draw blood at that time because his HGH (although this is very hard to test for), Primobol, Oxemethalone, Winstrol (for the cut body look) and Testi synthetic will show up as he will be on post cycle therapy at this time.

I don't blame him.

If I had to fight Mayweather I would roid my **** off as well..... Not to mention a high proportion of fighters use 'optional extras' especially when weight gaining.... The only level playing field is one where everyone is performance enhancing................... And finally, please don't try to drop that **** that boxers don't use.............. There are other thingsmore priceless and less over used.

As for deformation, ha, more like defication (a load of ****)........ err, sounds bang on to me. 40 lbs of extra weight.....mmmmmmm Last time I saw guys do such large increases in boxing would have been: Roy Jones (admitted roider for his heavyweight bout), James Toney, didn't he have a title stripped or a result reversed due to roiding and of course how can we forget Evander "The Real Roider" HolyField who, folllowing a heart scare, had tests run which showed what a doctor described as "all the hallmarks of someone who has used very large amounts of HGH over a long period of time."

I love Manny and his style is amazing, his ability is unquestionable.... But his weight gain should be called in to question. If he is clean, he can prove it in his blood................ Apart from the HGH which is nigh on impossible to test for.

For the record I will pick Paki to win..... I won't hate on him. LOADS of pro fighters are using....... It is one of the best ways to be able to increase weight, increase physical strength and still be able to do your cardio. It is pretty hard to do, sparring, road work, pads, plyometrics (spelling), weights, circuits and build muscle on top......... Sorry Manny, but it doesn't work that way, not in the time frame Manny did it anyway., WE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING 5555555555555, and I expect Mayweather has juiced in someway also.

In answer to the roiding questions, not that I roid.... EVERY roid can be either covered by a blocking agent or nicely removed from the body with good timing.

Which is kinda how lots of sportsmen and women cover it. HGH CANNOT be found in regular urine and blood tests (hence why an unbelievable number of sports people use it). Not to mention it is the dogs bolox. HGH testing kits are currently in development and, apparently, they would cost so much to perfect and make, it is almost not worth the companies investing.

Let everyone ROID!!!!

In Japan and Brazil combat sports come under entertainment and not sports, just like pro-wrestling is.

Did you guy used to watch Pride FC. Those guys were never tested for roids, took loads of roids, obliterated the pain barrier and had some seriously hardcore fights. Same for Rio-Heros and Valetudo comps.

Finally............. WTF is Holyfield doing and how the **** did he get a licence. Blatent HGH use. Brain damage beyond Steven Hawkins wildest aspirations, SEVERLY slurred speech. Force this man to retire......Please

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Manny Pacquiao agrees to 14-day blood-testing limit

Pacquiao has said that he would fight one more fight

Filipino star Manny Pacquiao has given the clearest indication yet that he is willing to compromise over Floyd Mayweather's drug-testing demands.

Pacquiao says he would now be willing to take a blood test 14 days ahead of any fight with his American rival.

"I have agreed to it, but they should not draw much blood," he said.

Negotiations for a bout between the pair fell through earlier this year when the unbeaten Mayweather insisted on Olympic-style random drug testing.

Five-weight world champion Pacquiao said: "They should only take what is necessary for the drug test."

The 31-year-old, who previously said he does not like giving blood close to his fights, added: "14 days," when stating the time limit for blood to be taken before the fight.

In the run-up to their aborted March bout, Mayweather called for repeated blood testing up to the day of the fight. Pacquiao, who has never failed a doping test, wanted a 30-day cut-off.

Mayweather later said he agreed to a 14-day cut-off but that Pacquiao would not accept it.

Since then they have faced different opponents, with Mayweather beating Shane Mosley and Pacquiao defeating Joshua Clottey.

A fight between the pair, widely regarded and the two best pound-for-pound boxers in the world, would also likely be the richest in the sport's history, with Las Vegas or Dallas the likely venue.

"He [Mayweather] will no longer have a reason [not to fight]," added Pacquiao. "Let's see if that is really the reason."

Earlier this month, Pacquiao said he would have one last fight after securing a seat in the Philippine Congress by a huge margin.

His chief financial adviser Michael Konzc added that 6 November and 13 November had been set aside as potential dates for his next bout.

If it is not against Mayweather, Mexico's Antonio Margarito is his other likely opponent.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8698753.stm

• 5 months later...
is this match any closer??? I just read Amir Khan wants a pop at Floydd. What a mis-match that could be

i would have agreed that it appears a real mis-match, but Freddie Roach reckons Khan is ready for him and is matching Manny in sparring. now obviously sparring and a proper boxing match r two different thhings and Roach may be just bigging up Khan, but he is a shrewd trainer (maybe the best at the moment) and Khan has improved a hell of a lot since joining him .... BUT he does a have a dodgy jaw and i reckon Mayweather would still have too much for him !!! could be a decent fight though !!!

Who could be interested in a "game" where two mentally retarded guys are beating the sh*t out of each other?

The tens of millions of boxing fans from all over the world i would guess :roll:

Obviously, the guys punching the sh*t out of each other are not the stupid ones.....

No, that would be the ignorant people who make snide comments about people being retarded!

Who could be interested in a "game" where two mentally retarded guys are beating the sh*t out of each other?

The tens of millions of boxing fans from all over the world i would guess :roll:

Obviously, the guys punching the sh*t out of each other are not the stupid ones in this game.....

Boxing is a complicated sport that takes a lot of talent and even more training. If you knew more about it, you would give the athletes the respect they deserve.

Obviously, the guys punching the sh*t out of each other are not the stupid ones.....

No, that would be the ignorant people who make snide comments about people being retarded!

Agree!

This is very unfair.... they don't START mentally retarded....

Boxing is a great sport; exciting to watch and needing huge amounts of dedication and courage to do at a professional level.

Gladiatorial contests have been popular throughout man's history. Pitting yourself against another is the ultimate high... winning is exhilarating, losing is heartbreaking. Team sports are fun, but nothing matches that one-on-one challenge of a fight (in whatever discipline).

Team sports are fun, but nothing matches that one-on-one challenge of a fight (in whatever discipline).

Have to disagree here,

I think the World Cup Final, the Superbowl (USA), the AFL final (Australia) and many more other sporting finals are more of challenge for the players and more of a spectacle for the fans.

Playing for one another, not just playing along side each other is a great feeling. Especially when you can feel the momentum of the game swinging towards your team, everyone digs deeper and do the little things that take guts but often go unnoticed. When all the hard work results in a goal or a touch down it's just magic !!!

I think it's just better to share that feeling with your team mates rather than enjoying it alone :P

I do however agree with the following

Boxing is a great sport; exciting to watch and needing huge amounts of dedication and courage to do at a professional level.

These guys are super fit, and I can't understand anyone not having admiration and respect for them,

never mind Manny Vs Mayweather for now ... he's fighting Margarito next weekend and is moving up in weight AGAIN !!!!

now this could be a tough fight for Manny ... IMO he's a much better fighter/boxer than Margarito, BUT he could eventually move up that 1 weight too many .... will probably go watch the fight in soi 8 bar next sunday morning if anyone's up for it !!!

http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=boxing/10/10/28/manual_091201.html

Teddy Atlas says Manny Pacquiao will lose to Antonio Margarito, and could get knocked out.

Pacman has stunned many boxing experts by moving up successfully from super-featherweight just a couple of years ago to rule at welterweight.

But now he takes another step into the unknown when he meets disgraced Mexican Margarito for the vacant WBC light-middleweight belt in Texas on November 13.

Highly respected trainer and broadcaster Atlas, writing in his column in Boxing News, believes it's one step too many for Pacquaio and says size WILL matter this time.

He said: "Manny Pacquiao is going to get beaten by Antonio Margarito on November 13. I wouldn't be surprised if Margarito knocked him out."

Atlas believes Pacquiao's recent wins over Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto came against faded opposition.

But he says the Pacman's last outing - a one-sided points defeat of Joshua Clottey at the same Cowboys Stadium venue where he'll meet Margarito - is evidence that the upset can happen on November 13.

"Clottey, during the whole fight - and of course I'm exaggerating to make a point - during the whole fight if he threw six punches, maybe it was 10 - but if he threw six punches, four of them landed. And they were uppercuts. Pacquaio's eye was almost closed.

"That is Exhibit A as to why I'm picking Margarito to have a hell of a chance to win this fight.

"He throws a pretty good uppercut. He really is the bigger, stronger guy. All those other guys Manny fought weren't bigger, stronger guys.

"So, in my eyes, Manny wasn't making the leap people thought he was. He is now."

Margarito has plenty to prove in his return to the big-time following that suspension for having illegal hand wraps ahead of his defeat by 'Sugar' Shane Mosley back in January 2009.

Pacquaio meanwhile will bid to maintain his sensational run of form to again bang the drum for a potential megamatch with P4P rival Floyd 'Money' Mayweather.

Obviously, the guys punching the sh*t out of each other are not the stupid ones in this game.....

I used to MT-box and various other things at an ok level.. Did for years. AM and pro too. You wouldn't have a ******* clue about the dedication required to become good. The intelligence needed to be able to use head movement, footwork, being able to gather rhythm, to work out your opponents habitual movements from his/her quick twitch muscles reactions, the diet, cardio, weights, sparring, cutting weight pad work, bag work, circuit training, supporting others in the gym, the financial cost to the non-top flight pro, the agony of victory and the heart breaking thrill of defeat. When I won, it was mine (the gyms really in some respects but its only me and him in there).

When I lost, I had nobody to blame but myself. I would dust myself off, learn what I did wrong. How to do it better. It made me a determined person.

When team players lose they try to sack the manager or blame the goal keeper or fielder or whatever other person they can blame.

Fighters sometimes blame injuries, but let me tell you from experience. WE ALL ALWAYS fight on injuries. There is never an injury free fight. Fact is, fighters have nooone to blame, gayballers do.

You just keep calling people retards, it shows how unretarded you are.

never mind Manny Vs Mayweather for now ... he's fighting Margarito next weekend and is moving up in weight AGAIN !!!!

now this could be a tough fight for Manny ... IMO he's a much better fighter/boxer than Margarito, BUT he could eventually move up that 1 weight too many .... will probably go watch the fight in soi 8 bar next sunday morning if anyone's up for it !!!

http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=boxing/10/10/28/manual_091201.html

Teddy Atlas says Manny Pacquiao will lose to Antonio Margarito, and could get knocked out.

Pacman has stunned many boxing experts by moving up successfully from super-featherweight just a couple of years ago to rule at welterweight.

But now he takes another step into the unknown when he meets disgraced Mexican Margarito for the vacant WBC light-middleweight belt in Texas on November 13.

Highly respected trainer and broadcaster Atlas, writing in his column in Boxing News, believes it's one step too many for Pacquaio and says size WILL matter this time.

He said: "Manny Pacquiao is going to get beaten by Antonio Margarito on November 13. I wouldn't be surprised if Margarito knocked him out."

Atlas believes Pacquiao's recent wins over Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto came against faded opposition.

But he says the Pacman's last outing - a one-sided points defeat of Joshua Clottey at the same Cowboys Stadium venue where he'll meet Margarito - is evidence that the upset can happen on November 13.

"Clottey, during the whole fight - and of course I'm exaggerating to make a point - during the whole fight if he threw six punches, maybe it was 10 - but if he threw six punches, four of them landed. And they were uppercuts. Pacquaio's eye was almost closed.

"That is Exhibit A as to why I'm picking Margarito to have a hell of a chance to win this fight.

"He throws a pretty good uppercut. He really is the bigger, stronger guy. All those other guys Manny fought weren't bigger, stronger guys.

"So, in my eyes, Manny wasn't making the leap people thought he was. He is now."

Margarito has plenty to prove in his return to the big-time following that suspension for having illegal hand wraps ahead of his defeat by 'Sugar' Shane Mosley back in January 2009.

Pacquaio meanwhile will bid to maintain his sensational run of form to again bang the drum for a potential megamatch with P4P rival Floyd 'Money' Mayweather.

I hope his PCT went well.