BKK airport passport control.

funky_house

Im going to bkk on beginning of Feb. I done some very quick reading on the topic of visas. From what I read, I thought it said that we "uk citizens" didnt need visas as long as we can provide a return ticket and is less than a 30day stay.

But surely you would know more than me as Ive never been before.

But its something I was gonna read more into after crimbo.

Im going to bkk on beginning of Feb. I done some very quick reading on the topic of visas. From what I read, I thought it said that we "uk citizens" didnt need visas as long as we can provide a return ticket and is less than a 30day stay.

But surely you would know more than me as Ive never been before.

But its something I was gonna read more into after crimbo.

As a UK citizen, you, along with a host of other nationalities, will get a 30 day visa stamped in your passport on arrival. Its the queueing to get it that takes the time. Depending on how many other flights arrive at the same time as your one.

Normally not a problem for me, but if I don't catch the flight I want, it means a night at an airport hotel, then catching another flight in the morning.

I want to get most of my traveling out of the way in one go.

Even thinking of taking a car to Trat.

I land at BKK from the UK at 15.45, and am hoping against all better judgement to catch the 17:00 flight to Trat.

Possible? I doubt it.

Apart from having a Thai passport to avoid those long visa queues, does anyone have any tips or tricks to jump them, and get through quickly?

I would not be worried so much about the immigration queues as getting my baggage quick. A short delay in your inward flight and your stuffed. I would want to make sure that I had priorty tags on my baggage even if travelling economy so they came out earlier.

Also, have the BKK Airways desk number in your phone so you can call them when you land and advise your ETA (small aircraft to Trat so they can push the check in closed time). Depending on which gate your inbound lands at, at that time of the day the west & central immigration zones tend to be quieter than the east one which starts to get busy with the inbound asian arvo flights. But you have a Thai passport so you should be ok in any zone.

Just hope customs doesn't want to search your bags should you be returning to Thailand packed with goodies........ :roll:

I wouldn't risk it. All it would take is one small thing and you've missed it.

After a long haul flight the last thing you want is to miss the connecting flight on your last leg.

If you cant get a later connecting flight, I would stay in Bkk the night and either get a flight down next day or get a driver to take you (isn't really that far)

I wouldn't risk it. All it would take is one small thing and you've missed it.

After a long haul flight the last thing you want is to miss the connecting flight on your last leg.

If you cant get a later connecting flight, I would stay in Bkk the night and either get a flight down next day or get a driver to take you (isn't really that far)

PeeMarc.. You are right. That is exactly what I am thinking, a car. Was just hoping to avoid the 3+ hour car journey. I can do BKK on the way back.

I land at BKK from the UK at 15.45, and am hoping against all better judgement to catch the 17:00 flight to Trat.

Possible? I doubt it.

Apart from having a Thai passport to avoid those long visa queues, does anyone have any tips or tricks to jump them, and get through quickly?

My only tip is that if I was a betting man (which I am), I'd take any even money bet that you will miss the connection flight, unless of course the flight to Trat is delayed :P

Just to be absolutely clear, you are NOT getting a visa when you arrive at Immigration - you are getting a visa waiver, valid for 30 days.

The reason for the clarification is to make sure that you (or others reading about this for the first time) don't go and stand in the Visa On Arrival section, which is before Immigration.

UK, Australian, US and many other countries qualify for a 30 day visa waiver when entering the country at an airport, or 15 days if entering at a land crossing.

My understanding is that the Visa ON Arrival is for countries such as India, or some Middle Eastern countries (and others of course) where the passenger makes arrangements to collect a visa at the airport before going to Immigration.

Possible? I doubt it.

My only tip is that if I was a betting man (which I am), I'd take any even money bet that you will miss the connection flight, unless of course the flight to Trat is delayed :P

80% chance he doesn't make the flight to Trat for whatever reason.

The marathon walk from your UK/BKK flight to your domestic flight will take MINIMUM 15 minutes. Your bags won't make it out onto the carousel until 20 minutes after you get off the plane anyway...and that's if they actually made it to BKK.

On top of all that, it's not worth the headache or worry of rushing to a connecting flight. You'll get the urge to tackle the slow old lady in front of you...and that's never a good thing.

Possible? I doubt it.

80% chance he doesn't make the flight to Trat for whatever reason.

The marathon walk from your UK/BKK flight to your domestic flight will take MINIMUM 15 minutes. Your bags won't make it out onto the carousel until 20 minutes after you get off the plane anyway...and that's if they actually made it to BKK.

On top of all that, it's not worth the headache or worry of rushing to a connecting flight. You'll get the urge to tackle the slow old lady in front of you...and that's never a good thing.

exactly! as Rob says...that's why I thought early prayers were his only chance

the last times i arrived in bkk the queueing took me only 5-10min, just long enough for the baggage to arrive, it took me 30min from plane to taxi. so that means u still have 45min left to take that flight

What about the time before that?

:lol:

most of my flights arrived 20min to early so :P

That's a good point, though.

Most airlines overestimate the time of arrival so that they get as close to 100% on time records as possible...so if he does decide to do the Amazing Heathrow to Trat Race, he can take that into consideration as well.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm surprised that no one has yet suggested slipping one of the passport guys a few notes to speed things up. LOL

lol, that doesn't really work at every point in Thailand, though there is a price for everything. I've got a good immigration friend who gives my family and I the Thailand Elite pass through customs and immigration...without the million or whatever baht pricetag.

Nice if you are in a rush or want to get some extra wine into the Kingdom.

:drunk:

Possible? I doubt it.

1 hour 15 mins is tight .... very very tight !!! it is possible, but probability is u will miss the flight. is the ticket transerable or refundable ??

I'm surprised that no one has yet suggested slipping one of the passport guys a few notes to speed things up. LOL

Now that you mention it, besides 'accidentally forgotten' bills in a passport it's said that arguing around with officers about a delay is always highly appreciated. Of course stated ambassadors of cultural exchange with FBI (Female Body Inspector) t-shirts take precedence. Maybe Simon Burrowes can deliver more helpful hints on how to speed up Thai immigration :shock:

on a flight back from singapore one night it was extra quiet and the woman clearing my passport was confused with the many visas and stamps and extensions, work permit extentions etc. so i offered som assisstance finding info.

one thing led to another and I asked her for her phone number.

we had dinner and a two night stand. she was cute and not half bad. just wanted to sample a farang with no strings attached. i made her wear her uniform the second night :)

on a flight back from singapore one night it was extra quiet and the woman clearing my passport was confused with the many visas and stamps and extensions, work permit extentions etc. so i offered som assisstance finding info.

we had dinner and a two night stand. she was cute and not half bad. just wanted to sample a farang with no strings attached. i made her wear her uniform the second night :)

What kind of uniform?

What kind of uniform?

latex.jpg

What kind of uniform?

latex.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

is that for stuffing the turkey !!