Farang in Thailand VS. Farang outside Thailand.

Chatty

Before I start, please don't get me wrong na... I don't wanna judge people just wanna ask about your opinion.

Today I talked with my friends, I talk to them about my love life after I broke up. Well, I got some good and bad experience so I share with them.

They said I shouldn't hang out with farang in Thailand cuz most of them were not good. They just like to play around... Farang who are living abroad are better.

I personally, I didn't agree, I said, there are bad ppl everywhere, i just unlucky that i met those guys.

So what's your opinion.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Neung, I think your friends make a valid point.

Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya seem to have plenty of lowlife farangs. There are plenty of guys who chose to live in Thailand because of the availability of cheap prostitutes and easy access to girls.

I would guess there is a greater proportion of 'bad guys' in Thailand, than there is 'back home'.

If you wish to date farang guys, you should tune your radar into the 'bad boy' signs. Also, ask yourself a question... why date farang guys? Why not Thai guys? I hear from lots of girls that Thai guys play away from home, drink a lot and don't respect women...

... but that sounds a lot like plenty of farang guys I meet.

Actually I'd be interested in the answer... why do some Thai girls date farang guys exclusively. It can't just be the money - there are plenty of rich Thais out there.

Anyway... without wishing to hijack your forum... maybe you have a better chance meeting a 'good guy' in his home country... but you live in Thailand.

P' Neung .. Plz dont think that Im rude or anything like that..

But I personally think that..

***** is always *****.. wherever they are

I dont think that the surrounding can change a person that much..

Esp we are grown up people .. we have already built our own behaviours..

Being in Thailand might expand what they have inside a little bit more..

P' Neung .. Plz dont think that Im rude or anything like that..

But I personally think that..

c*nts is always c*nts.. wherever they are

I dont think that the surrounding can change a person that much..

Esp we are grown up people .. we have already built our own behaviours..

Being in Thailand might expand what they have inside a little bit more..

But don't you agree that certain ***** are attracted to Thailand for the seedy nightlife?

Doesn't that mean that Thailand is responsible for attracting the lowlife itself? I mean, I doubt countries without such a (let's say) 'liberal' approach to prostitution have the same calibre of farangs.

Amsterdam, Prague, Ibiza, Majorca, Roppongi, Angeles City, Manila all marketed themselves in a particular way, and now these places are bemoaning the kinds of people who visit.

The same applies to Khao Sarn, Pattaya, Patong, Patpong and Koh Phan Ngan... You can't suck on the financial *** of whoring and drugs for several decades and then try to take the moral high-ground!

It sounds a lot like the pimp looking down on the 'johns'.

But don't you agree that certain c*nts are attracted to Thailand for the seedy nightlife?

Doesn't that mean that Thailand is responsible for attracting the lowlife itself? I mean, I doubt countries without such a (let's say) 'liberal' approach to prostitution have the same calibre of farangs.

Amsterdam, Prague, Ibiza, Majorca, Roppongi, Angeles City, Manila all marketed themselves in a particular way, and now these places are bemoaning the kinds of people who visit.

The same applies to Khao Sarn, Pattaya, Patong, Patpong and Koh Phan Ngan... You can't suck on the financial *** of whoring and drugs for several decades and then try to take the moral high-ground!

It sounds a lot like the pimp looking down on the 'johns'.

I do agree that certain c*nts are attracted to Thailand for the seedy nightlife..

But what I replied to P'Neung is that when she said..

They said I shouldn't hang out with farang in Thailand cuz most of them were not good. They just like to play around... Farang who are living abroad are better.

That.. I disagree..

There are many nice farangs in Thailand..

And many bad farangs in their own countries..

So.. just to group ppl that they are good or bad by locations is abit silly..

I think...

They said I shouldn't hang out with farang in Thailand cuz most of them were not good. They just like to play around...

**cough...cough**

They are good guys but they just sometimes assholes.. its just life ! Everyone is.

... Farang who are living abroad are better.

Agree ..(that just because they cant hang out late and spend only 10 UKP for all night drinks like in Thailand )

:lol:

That.. I disagree..

There are many nice farangs in Thailand..

And many bad farangs in their own countries..

So.. just to group ppl that they are good or bad by locations is abit silly..

I think...

Of course there are nice farangs in Thailand... I'm one of them!

And there are bad farangs in their own country.

However, because Thailand attracts lots of guys looking for sex, it means the percentage of 'bad guys' is higher....

Maybe I have a slanted perception... I worked in bars and clubs and restaurants in Thailand. I see the bad behaviour first hand. I also worked in some of the seedy areas in Bangkok and saw the 'good guys' being bad.

There are very few 'good' guys who will admit to a girl that they have ever visited a gogo bar, let alone admit to paying for sex. However, it is much more common than you think.

Men are men, everywhere is the same, basically. You need to realize, though, the environment has something to do with the attitude as well, that's why there is always action and reaction. And besides, you need to know how to bring yourself in a certain situation. You need to know what you are doing, so you'll know how to deal with them. Remember, it's always a good idea to think before you act, i mean don't let your emotion in the way of your thinking. So you won't get hurt. Good luck.

(Just a side note - Bangkok is not cheap anymore. I can easily drink more cheaply in UK than Bangkok - there are plenty of low cost pubs in every town. And Thai nightclubs are just as expensive as English ones.)

depends on where you spend your ßß at. But one thing i can bet on that you cant find Laab & Somtam trolley which you can choose various brands of Laow in UK (or do they have now ? ) :shock:

I've met a small handful of good foreigners here, but that number pales into insignificance compared to the twats... But in reality for generations Thai women have allowed themselves to be trampled all over by Thai men, so what do they expect from a foreigner in Thai? Most are leading by example..

A lot of Thais here saying it is the same the world over.... But I don't see anyone talking from experience. It's not the same! Nothing or no place i have ever visited is quite like bkk/thailand. Well not in whitey land anyway.

I see a parallel here. The farang you see in Thailand are not the same farang as you see in general in let's say Holland. It's a certain type of farang who go to Thailand(yes I know not every farang but you all know the type i mean).

The parallel: the Thai girls you see here in Holland are not the same girls you see in general in Thailand. It's a certain type of girl you see here(again, not all girls but you all know the type i mean).

There are exceptions of course but in general this is true I think. As my friend said the first time we were in Thailand: "There are so many nice decent educated and pretty girls here, how come we have all the bad ones in Holland?"

Actually Neung, I think your friends make a valid point.

Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya seem to have plenty of lowlife farangs. There are plenty of guys who chose to live in Thailand because of the availability of cheap prostitutes and easy access to girls.

I would guess there is a greater proportion of 'bad guys' in Thailand, than there is 'back home'.

i've said it in another forum and i'll repeat it here ..... there is much much more opportunity to be a "bad guy" in Thailand than there is 'back home' !!! so i would suggest if the same opportunities were available 'back home' there might be higher proportion of "bad guys" back there also !!!

i mean being brutally honest about it, if a guys got a couple of thousand baht in his pocket and can string a sentence together he's able to get a shag here !!!

Jerks are everywhere; live in every inch of this planet and locations hardly changed/transformed them to be something they actually aren't.

actually the location can change/transform them into something they couldn't be back home .... but my point is given the same means and opportunity back home they would probably behave in the same manner.

not too many 40/50/60 year old guys get the chance to shag 20/25 year old pretty girls back in farang land, but i'm damm sure given the opportunity they wouldn't be long taking it !!

So what's your opinion.

Are these girls who say this any good themselves? Top shelf are they? They should look at themselves to see if they are really 'a great catch' before they start hurling judgements on anyone.

If anyone chooses to see bad people, they can see them anywhere in any country or race. By simply turning ones attention to this it would appear they are everywhere. But also, by turning ones attention to see good people, one would see them everywhere too.

Environment DOES change people's behaviour. Given that Thailand attracts bad guys AND makes good guys go bad, I think there are more bad guys per capita than back home.

I can't count how many times I overhear conversations about bargirls, bar fines and other such topics. In UK I never heard people bragging about prostitutes they had slept with. Thailand attracts these people AND converts others.