Photo Event?

admin

I was just thinking about this the other day and thought I would throw it out there. Would there by any interest in putting together a photo tour day of Bangkok. We could pick several interesting locations around the city and spend an afternoon shooting while getting a mini-tour of the city.

I think it would be interesting to mix together some experienced and novice photographers so later we could compare either here in the forums or in the journals. It might be really helpful for a novice shooter (like me) to see how two people can look at the same exact thing and walk away with different photos.

Like I said, just trying to see if there's any interest. Plus it's a fun way to kill a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so why don't we plan for end of Feb (we can always do another when you're in town, pandorea). Now, for the hard part . . . any particular places that people would like to shoot that might now be on the normal tourist to-do list and close enough to the BTS/MRT that we don't have to do taxis?

If we plan it right we can plan out a lunch along the way and a few pubs for a pint or two as we make our way across the city so it's a combined pub crawl and photography outing.

I'm thinking 3 places, about 30 - 45 min each place with a lunch and a few pub stops along the way means we can start late morning (noon'ish) and finish up at a decent hour.

Okay, so why don't we plan for end of Feb (we can always do another when you're in town, pandorea). Now, for the hard part . . . any particular places that people would like to shoot that might now be on the normal tourist to-do list and close enough to the BTS/MRT that we don't have to do taxis?

If we plan it right we can plan out a lunch along the way and a few pubs for a pint or two as we make our way across the city so it's a combined pub crawl and photography outing.

I'm thinking 3 places, about 30 - 45 min each place with a lunch and a few pub stops along the way means we can start late morning (noon'ish) and finish up at a decent hour.

How about that park next to Emporium?

And I like China town(Although not on the BTS)... and the river, of course.

And there are some cool canals and streets around Golden Mount...

Now, for the hard part . . . any particular places that people would like to shoot that might now be on the normal tourist to-do list and close enough to the BTS/MRT that we don't have to do taxis?

Depends on what people want to shoot.

For those who like to shoot people-oriented street scenes, the area around Khlong Phadum Krung Kasem, especially the part near Bo Bae, is fantastic, and just a short walk from Hua Lamphong station. But the light is best there in the morning.

For nature photography there are a few parks within walking distance of Chatuchak station.

For city scenes you won't see in the coffee-table picture books there's a mostly overhead pedestrian walkway that connects Lumpini Park with the tobacco monopoly next to Benjakiti Park, near a subway station.

The area around Santichaiprakan Park and Phra Sumen Fort is picturesque with a nice view of the river, accessible by riverboat at Phra Athit pier.

The choices are almost endless. So much to shoot, so little time!

Depends on what people want to shoot.

I want to shoot Indians... where do you suggest I go?

Soi 3 to soi 15... there are lots of them...

Thks god no one wanna shoot me, with the gun i mean.

OK. back to the topic...

Why we don't go around Rattakosin Island... there are so many cool places.

Take taxi, or if someone have car (Might be myself) park car at Sanamluang and take a walk around?

sounds good to me !! a sunday preferably !!

I agree....

Maybe we could make it a leisurely pub crawl and photo shoot, with Sunday lunch as well (Black Swan is a winner)

I'd be interested to see the effects of alcohol consumption on the quality of phototaking! (I guess for some, like moi, their pics may improve after a few drinks :wink: )

What about this . . .

Start out at Hua Lamphong and cab it over to Bo Bae. Maybe even head over to China Town. We can go back to Hua Lamphong and take the MRT to the park over by Emporium (switch from MRT to BTS at Asok). And then from there we can head over to the Black Swan for some end of day beers and some food.

We can do more of these in the future so some of the other suggestions that have been thrown out there can be on tap. It just seems like other than getting around after Hua Lamphong everything is close to the MRT or BTS so we don't have to taxi it across town.

Sound good? Any other suggestions?

What about this . . .

Start out at Hua Lamphong and cab it over to Bo Bae. Maybe even head over to China Town. We can go back to Hua Lamphong and take the MRT to the park over by Emporium (switch from MRT to BTS at Asok). And then from there we can head over to the Black Swan for some end of day beers and some food.

We can do more of these in the future so some of the other suggestions that have been thrown out there can be on tap. It just seems like other than getting around after Hua Lamphong everything is close to the MRT or BTS so we don't have to taxi it across town.

Hmm MRT will park at Asoke kha not Emporium. you can change to BTS at Asoke station, Emporium is Prompong Station.

I always shopping at China town, never think I wanna take photos there, it's too busy for me.

What about this . . .

Hmm MRT will park at Asoke kha not Emporium. you can change to BTS at Asoke station, Emporium is Prompong Station.

I always shopping at China town, never think I wanna take photos there, it's too busy for me.

About Chinatown, I agree. Others may find the crowds a plus, though.

Benjasiri Park is ok for portrait shooting, but kinda sucks for landscapes. And by late afternoon much of it is in shadows.