Need some Opinions on Website

ElectrO

Question

I have started to write a guide about Phuket, well not so much of a guide but articles and things like that.

I would like to know if anyone can help me.

Just need some genuine responses on the layout and quality of the articles. I don't mind any criticism is you explain your reasoning. Unhelpful comments like - its crap - don't really help me improve the site.

Anyway - I hope I am not breaking any of the rules here, it is a NON profit website, so don't worry about where it is hosted, its not going to sell you anything.

Thank you in advance

http://guides.suksanvillas.com

TBS

24 answers to this question

I have started to write a guide about Phuket, well not so much of a guide but articles and things like that.

I would like to know if anyone can help me.

Just need some genuine responses on the layout and quality of the articles. I don't mind any criticism is you explain your reasoning. Unhelpful comments like - its crap - don't really help me improve the site.

Anyway - I hope I am not breaking any of the rules here, it is a NON profit website, so don't worry about where it is hosted, its not going to sell you anything.

Thank you in advance

http://guides.suksanvillas.com

TBS

I like the colour of your website, It’s clean and easy to read. Hopefully you won’t put too many ads on it later and how about putting some important info. for exp. tourist police station telephone nr., hospitals and etc.

True, there are many websites about Thailand and Phuket but there’s always a room for one more.

I also would like to have some opinions about 'name and shame' here in this website as if we know someone is doing something that is totally crime just to stop them/prevent any further victims..

what do you think ? :roll:

I'd contact Admin about this...

block / ban cant stop the criminal. If admin want to prevent his decent members from crimes/threats he should let everyone know or announce it, at least for everyone being cautious.

just my thought :roll:

I also would like to have some opinions about 'name and shame' here in this website as if we know someone is doing something that is totally crime just to stop them/prevent any further victims..

block / ban cant stop the criminal. If admin want to prevent his decent members from crimes/threats he should let everyone know or announce it, at least for everyone being cautious.

Mummy dun be so bitchy :evil:

Mummy dun be so bitchy :evil:

sweetie, you are just a young, innocent and fragile. I have to protect you ! :?

pandorea - Thank you for the comments.

There will be NO adverts on the site whatsoever as I don't like them.

Thanks for the suggestions.

PeeMarc - As to why, well that's a bit more complicated. I don't want it to be blog style. There are 2 of us doing the website so hopefully things will come into fruition in the next few months.

Building a website - you need a place to start and although there isn't much content as of yet, it takes time to build and write, as well as working on other parts of the project.

Anyway thank you so far for the comments, although I am totally lost about BigKu's comment.

E

Thanks for the test, wasn't working on IE7 properly before, needed a SPACE inserted in the code then it work.

not tested with IE6 though.

Will be doing more upgrades to the site when Drupal 7 comes out

Thanks for help

You are welcome.

I checked by IE6 - the page looked 100% simular in all browsers - and i have some eagle eyes for that!. :wink:

Yes, i know that. I did not talk about meta keywords, i was talking about meta description - its the text which appears below your link on google result pages.

It should countain your most important tags.

The Meta description tag is a snippet of HTML code that belongs inside the <Head> </Head> section of a Web page. It usually is placed after the Title tag and before the Meta keywords tag, although the order is not important.

The proper syntax for this HTML tag is: <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="Your descriptive sentence or two goes here.">

:wink:

I actually don't mind the concept but there are a couple of issues that make this difficult.

1. Someone who is merely stopped from doing something illegal (or even just a major T&Cs violation) may just go on their merry way and that is that. Naming and shaming that person may provoke retaliatory behavior. Why escalate a situation unless more potential good is likely to occur than potential bad?

2. The glorious slander/liable laws in Thailand make it very risky to intentionally go out and cause someone's reputation harm. Let's say for instance that I borrow 50,000 baht from you and I don't repay you. You come on TF and tell everyone that I'm a no good scammer and liar because I never repaid the loan. Now, I go to the Thai courts and say that you have damaged my reputation and it becomes your burden of proof to show that your charges are true. You must prove that you let me borrow 50,000 baht and that I never repaid you. Where is your loan agreement? Do you have anything in writing? Can you prove that I did not actually repay you the money? If you cannot prove your charges I will win damages against you and you will end up owing me :-)

I think the system we currently use works fairly well. If something is brought to our attention we will make every effort to verify the truth. We're not a court of law but most of the time a little common sense gets you as much of the truth as you need to make a decision. If the person has done something ban-worthy then they are banned.

Whether or not to name and shame then becomes an issue of whether or not doing so is likely to protect more people than are likely to get hurt if having the person's name and associated deeds made public is likely to provoke the

that person to escalate the situation.

As much as one might get some personal satisfaction from having people who have wronged them outed in public that comes with a risk. What if you run into that person one night when you're alone and they know that it was you who named and shamed them? Whereas they might put the blame of being banned on TF and slink away into the internet, knowing that you publicly named and shamed them might result in physical violence directed at you.

And this is not an imaginary risk. There was at least one incident where Rob was followed into the bathroom one night by a former TF member who wanted to settle the score after being banned. Fortunately some other TF members saw him being followed into the bathroom and were able to help prevent any punches from being thrown. I've also been with Rob where we almost had a physical altercation with a banned TF member. In that case we were in front of a nightclub and the bouncers came out and kept the situation from escalating out of control.

And this is not an imaginary risk. There was at least one incident where Rob was followed into the bathroom one night by a former TF member who wanted to settle the score after being banned. Fortunately some other TF members saw him being followed into the bathroom and were able to help prevent any punches from being thrown. I've also been with Rob where we almost had a physical altercation with a banned TF member. In that case we were in front of a nightclub and the bouncers came out and kept the situation from escalating out of control.

bloody hell .... i never had Rob down as being such a f**king troublemaker !!! :D:D

bloody hell .... i never had Rob down as being such a f**king troublemaker !!! :D:D

I heard it was Eddie and they both bottled it :lol:

Another opinion on website: If you are the admin do not use public toilets :lol:

haikunewyork...enough said.

My friends had him on the floor and wanted to break his limbs and I called them off.

My police friends wanted to lock him up for 48 hours and I called them off.

WTF was I thinking?! I'm such a softy.

Another opinion on website: If you are the admin do not use public toilets :lol:

It was interesting...actually very humbling to see what happened that night. A few guys(BIG guys) were on guard looking to help me when my back was turned with my zipper opened in the urinal...I considered them good friends before this happened, but it really reinforced everything that they had the instinct to follow this mofo and take him out right before he tried something.

"Rob...want me to break his arm?! WANT ME TO BREAK HIS ARM?!!"

"Let me pee first................no, bring him outside...we'll take him to the police station."

Stupid Robert...Stupid Robert. TIT, not America.