Big eye contacts.. attractive or not?

PeeMarc

Guys... what do you think of this 'big eye' trend?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Guys... what do you think of this 'big eye' trend?

• Attractive
    • Not attractive
    • Give me a beer... I dont care

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ones that bug me are the blue eyes. They look so unnatural. In fact, they look kind of creepy especially when the contact doesn't quite cover the true eye color so they have a band of brown around blue eyes.

The other day I was in a restaurant and the girl sitting at the table next to me had them on and I couldn't stop looking. No, not in the "I'm attracted" way but more in the "My god, that looks totally freakish!!!!" way. Maybe she read it as getting attention so it validated her decision to keep wearing them :-)

I know it's politically to say I like girls with natural beauty... and girls look better when they don't try too hard.

But there aren't many girls who look good without any make-up.

I like cute innocent girls for a short while...

...but bad-ass chicks with tattoos, fake ****, multi-coloured hair and pierced tongues rock my world.

...but bad-a*s chicks with tattoos, fake tits, multi-coloured hair and pierced tongues rock my world.

There are tons of Wall Streeters, preppy's, etc that are into that too but could never take that kind of girl home to meet mom and dad. So they marry the perfect little wife that everyone expects him to and after work they end up in strip clubs and brothels meeting the girls who they're actually attracted to.

...but bad-a*s chicks with tattoos, fake ****, multi-coloured hair and pierced tongues rock my world.

There are tons of Wall Streeters, preppy's, etc that are into that too but could never take that kind of girl home to meet mom and dad. So they marry the perfect little wife that everyone expects him to and after work they end up in strip clubs and brothels meeting the girls who they're actually attracted to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna-whore_complex

...but bad-a*s chicks with tattoos, fake tits, multi-coloured hair and pierced tongues rock my world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna-whore_complex

Familiar with the concept but there are variations on it. In the strictest definition like the one given on Wikipedia there's a desire to have a woman who is both. But, I think for many guys they don't necessarily think that they can. They are choosing their partner based on peer and social pressure not a desire to have a good wife at home. In many occupations having a girl with a pierced tongue would be a career killer the first time anybody from work met her.

The more general definition might be a little more fitting but not exactly on the nose. That's when a guy *wants* to have the perfect wife waiting for him when he gets home. He wants the Madonna raising his children.

But, he's not quite done being a boy and likes to have a mistress (or two or three) on the side to do the things his wife can't do. If she's at home taking care of the kids she can't be with him at some nightclub having a great time.

I don't like big eye contact lens but I do like color eye contact lens.

Color change ur face, look and even attitude.

Trust me, i saw lot of ppl look total different when they wear and when they dont.

same here Anna I like color eye quite long ago even before the big eye contact lens become a huge fashion in Asia

and just feel thats pity when girls with (very) small eyes put the big eye lens on... its because of when eye too small the lens will cover everything and thats not cute at all but opposite they look so creepy

I know it's politically to say I like girls with natural beauty... and girls look better when they don't try too hard.

But there aren't many girls who look good without any make-up.

I like cute innocent girls for a short while...

...but bad-a*s chicks with tattoos, fake ****, multi-coloured hair and pierced tongues rock my world.

---not look good without make-up? ...sure there are

---The whole city of Montreal did the last time I was there! :D

I will volunteer to take in your cute cast - offs Dave ...

hey, it is tough but somebody has to do it!

Something that costs 500 baht (about 10 pounds sterling). Very disposable.

Eyes, priceless, not disposable.

It doesn't take a genius to work out it's a bit stupid really.

A pair from a optician set to international safety standards is one thing. But a pair from JJ market with no way of knowing what mixture of chemicals was used to make them............ Like I said.... Stupid.

A pair from a optician set to international safety standards is one thing. But a pair from JJ market with no way of knowing what mixture of chemicals was used to make them............ Like I said.... Stupid.

+1

I asked my colleages both guys and girls (Thai), what they think about big eyes contact... they said it was scary more than beautiful.

A friend of mine, he was Italian, said... He had no idea why some guys see them as beautiful stuff.. cuz big eyes, fake eye lash and over make up don't make those girls look like human.

+1

I asked my colleages both guys and girls (Thai), what they think about big eyes contact... they said it was scary more than beautiful.

A friend of mine, he was Italian, said... He had no idea why some guys see them as beautiful stuff.. cuz big eyes, fake eye lash and over make up don't make those girls look like human.

+2

I have to agree with your Italian friend. Unfortunately, I find that a lot of Asian fashion and Asian fads tend to focus on completely unrealistic and immature goals.

Whether it's Hello Kitty or big-eyes there seems to be this desire to live in some fantasy world. Instead of living one's life they want to live a life that only exists in cartoons.

I have to agree with your Italian friend. Unfortunately, I find that a lot of Asian fashion and Asian fads tend to focus on completely unrealistic and immature goals.

Whether it's Hello Kitty or big-eyes there seems to be this desire to live in some fantasy world. Instead of living one's life they want to live a life that only exists in cartoons.

That's because most Thai don't read books (Thais are the lowest in Asia reading less than one book per year - compared with, say, Vietnam averaging 9 books per year). Thais generally watch crap fantasy TV and read cartoon books and frivolous magazines.

Given this, is it any wonder why many tend to live in fantasy world.

That's because most Thai don't read books (Thais are the lowest in Asia reading less than one book per year - compared with, say, Vietnam averaging 9 books per year). Thais generally watch crap fantasy TV and read cartoon books and frivolous magazines.

Given this, is it any wonder why many tend to live in fantasy world.

Which might be a valid argument if only Thais tried to look like cartoon characters. But since most of these trends/fads start in Japan and Korea where they read as many books as they do in any farang country I think you might need to work on that thesis :-)

Everything around you is fashion, and fashion is fantasy. You fantasized to have or wish to become. What's one's fantasy may be not others, whether it's sex, money, appearance or whatever. At the end of the day its what makes you happy. While it is not for me. The beauty of it, as in fashion or make up, is that if they can wear them on, they can take it off. Health issue is only concern. It has effect on my life whatsoever, evenif how much I want to go around slap those guys who wear baggy stonewashed jeans, but hey, that's just me.

P.S. Smoking was once a fashion to be considered among 'real men'. I think that smoking is disgusting. As a second hand smoker and life effected by inconsiderate people, i say that's annoying!

• 1 month later...