Thai Payment Processors

Admin_2

Question

12 answers to this question

For those of you who do online shopping in Thailand, what payment processors do you usually see?

Is PayPal Thai friendly? When you use credit cards, do you know which company processes the payments? Is there a Thai version of PayPal out there?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rob, if you would ask "Is Paypal customer friendly?" my answer would be "definetly NOT"

I have had a paypal account for about 2 years, arranged some large festivals, people paid their tickets online to me and bla bla bla. Just a week ago i made the final withdraw and deleted my account. Goodbye paypal.

If you can arrange an alternative payment option, especially for "domestic payments" the earlier the better!

The ghetto(est) way always work in Thailand. Have them go to ATM and pay there. Banks provide realtime transaction linked with sms gateway. Product ships out.

Thanks Tonia...we have that underway, but nothing seems reliable. I have a Thai company set up with a bank account specifically for the company, but the bank is giving me problems about setting this up. I think I'll just try going to another branch or something. Pain the bootay.

https://www.paysbuy.com/index.aspx is almost the only option if you want to set up a shop.

You can also work with a bank but then you need to have a larger company. Mpay also works from AIS.

Thai debit card sux since you can not use them online outside Thailand but every bank have its own system like Kbank have cyber banking to use with your visa electron.

If you have any questions send me a PM