stupid question: when you say "Soi xx"....

LasseDK

Question

hey,

just seen a few references to some of the TF events, where its "we meet at somewhere at soi 22" - is that Soi in relation to somewhere else ? or is BKK a city of a billion Soi's with each its own number ?

If i take a cab from the aiport and say, drive me to Soi 22, does he know where that is then ? or do i have to say "drive me to something-road, soi 22" ?

11 answers to this question

Yeah, BoD is right, you need the major street name but Soi 22 is well enough known amongst TF members that I think most people would understand. A taxi driver might ask which street and when I get in a taxi I tell them Sukhumvit Soi 22 but if I'm talking with someone from TF and say "Hey, let's go down to Soi 22," I doubt there would be any confusion.

Yeah, BoD is right, you need the major street name but Soi 22 is well enough known amongst TF members that I think most people would understand. A taxi driver might ask which street and when I get in a taxi I tell them Sukhumvit Soi 22 but if I'm talking with someone from TF and say "Hey, let's go down to Soi 22," I doubt there would be any confusion.

Hells yeah! Ratchada soi 22 is AWESOME!