Admin_2

I'm sick. Not just mentally, but I'm getting over a cold now as well.

Is blowing your nose in public seen as rude here (such as not covering your mouth when using a toothpic)?

The reason I ask is that I'm getting more weird looks than I usually get when I blow my nose here. Just for the record, I am using a tissue.

You could always do what we do here "Bush Hankie" !!!! :lol::lol:

works everytime!!! :lol::lol:

That's how I lost my first love :cry:

In India they cannot work out why western people use a cloth (hankerchief) to blow your nose with at least with a tissue you can throw away and use another one more exceptable I think!! etc etc!!!!

Sorry about your first love !!!!! :lol::lol:

People here also blow their noses in public and it is normal.

This really make many Thais here feel uncomfortable..

I saw many Thais were like .. "Eweeee .. disgusting.."

I guess.. it is all about..

"When In Rome Do As The Romans Do"

Still.. I dont feel comfortable to blow my nose in public..

Btw, Japamerican.. Get well soon!

So is it considered rude or gross to blow your nose in public here? Seems like a newbie question to ask...but usually when I'm sick I never leave the house!

In India they cannot work out why western people use a cloth (hankerchief) to blow your nose with at least with a tissue you can throw away and use another one more exceptable I think!!

Yeah... but they **** on the beach and they wipe their arses with their hands.

(Another thing they can't work out is how dysentry works.)

(Or deodorant)

Is blowing your nose in public seen as rude here (such as not covering your mouth when using a toothpic)?

The reason I ask is that I'm getting more weird looks than I usually get when I blow my nose here. Just for the record, I am using a tissue.

next time use this

ForSickpeople.jpg

High fiveeeeeeeee

Depends on the volume I think - do u blow gently and quietly or let rip like an air horn?

In India they cannot work out why western people use a cloth (hankerchief) to blow your nose with

I've always found that weird too... why some people blow their nose in a handkerchief and then fold it up and put it back in their pocket for later. Then again, pull out the same handkerchief (now full of snot) and repeat. So they walk around all day with a pocket full of snot?

:roll:

In India they cannot work out why western people use a cloth (hankerchief) to blow your nose with

I've always found that weird too... why some people blow their nose in a handkerchief and then fold it up and put it back in their pocket for later. Then again, pull out the same handkerchief (now full of snot) and repeat. So they walk around all day with a pocket full of snot?

I guess it reduces waste but increases the transfer of germs :) fun times!

So is it considered rude or gross to blow your nose in public here? Seems like a newbie question to ask...but usually when I'm sick I never leave the house!

Cross cultural etiquette is always an interesting mind ****.

Blowing your nose in public is a no no ...BUT in Thailand picking your nose for all to see is very common, especially in the service industry. I cannot count the number of times I have seen waiting staff pick their nose and immediately thereafter handle food and/or utensils! :shock:

Ewwwweee that sounds disgusting... :?