Cool coffee Shops around Sukhumvit

Chatty

Question

22 answers to this question

:D

Sukhumvit I mean from Soi 1 Ploeanchit to On-nut.

My friend and I have a project to search for cool coffee shop in Sukhumvit Area...

Any idea?

I basically live in True Coffee shops, which is nice, but along with Starbucks they have taken the relaxed/chilled out idea and sterilized it.

That being said, I do love the True Coffee in Siam Square soi 3 on the second floor. Music is nice (as long as you don't hear it replayed for 10 hours a day), and you can watch trendy and beautiful life pass you by on the street below.

I'm sure there are much better boutique style cafes along Sukhumvit...I will definitely keep my eye out for you as I love relaxing cafes. They have to have relaxing music, quiet yet efficient staff, comfy seating...and a good cappuccino.

There is that tiny one right outside of where Santika was that we started the memorial event at last year...it has great cakes and good coffee...can't remember the name.

For me the best chain store is Danube - great tasting coffee.

Crepes and Co is good for Lavazza coffee. But it's more of a restaurant.

And there's a beautiful tea / coffee shop at Sukhumvit 59 but I can't remember the name. It's only open on weekends - in a private house with a Victorian garden. Unfortunately, the drinks and service are not very good - but it's wonderful for photos.

Sometimes I really miss the REAL cafes with great coffee and attitude. Bangkok hasnt really got this and seems obsessed with the chains of boring, soul-less coffee places such as Starfucks and True (sorry Rob) etc.

There are a couple of interesting ones though. Right now, I cant remember exact sois.. so will come back later when I can give you.

One interesting place that comes to mind now is at the top of my Soi... soi 14. Called "100 Children" (am sure its sounds better in chinese). Its an antique and book shop combined with coffee and snacks. Not bad.

Thank you Rob, p'Dave, PeeMarc...

I forgot to say please no Starbuck, coffee world, True etc.

I kinda like cool idea, it doesn't matter if it's small or big... it might be small business...

it's good if it has wi-fi or 3G

ps. I'd like to see coffee shop at Suk 59 na..

and I think i have seen 100 children... I might take a look soon.

I've been to Agaligo once... Not sure exactly which soi it's located on, but it has really nice ambience and the scone and tea there aren't too bad.

Aha - that's the name of the white Victorian one I was talking about... beautiful place - soso cakes and drinks...

http://www.agalico.co.th/

Soi 51

1366_1_agalico-gardens-and-tea-room.jpg

agalico1.jpg

agalico.jpg

Also I forgot to add Dasa, which is really a second-hand bookshop, but has a coffee shop included... I don't know why, but the smell of second-hand books and coffee complement each other perfectly. That's just past Emporium on the right hand side heading out of Bangkok.

How far off Sukhumvit is tolerable?

There is 'Sometimes' on Soi 71. It is a bit of a way in on the soi but has good coffee and cakes and some really nice teas (like various Roiboos blends). Quirky interior with bookshelfs and vintage scooters as part of the furniture and of course free wifi but some people moan about the service there (mind you I don't think it to be that bad).

At the weekend I was perambulating through Paragon (Pride of Bangkok) as is my wont...

I happened to stop by a shop called 'Coffee Beans by Dao'... I was quite looking forward to selecting a new, richer, more flavoursome bean.

Except that Coffee Beans doesn't offer any choices.... it's just coffee - take-it-or-leave-it...

Worst coffee shop ever.

Ever.

I like any coffee shop that doesn''t use condensed milk.

Pansy. :wink:

What happens if they do use condensed milk? walk off in a huff or sit and drink it through gritted teeth and teary eyes? lol

oh no he diiidn't!

Lol, thats right I said it!!. :lol:

Hmm guys, this time I don't focus on the taste of coffee, or what milk they use... If i like hot fresh milk I can buy it on street... 20 baht.

This time I focus on the look!! same as guys like beautiful girls, the look comes first... other things follow.

I need awesome places, look comfie... and nice design.

Interesting you should say that, Neung. I go to a coffee shop in a crappy shopping mall, with no aesthetic appeal, but it's close to my home, I like the coffee and I can see lots of people passing by.

Maybe you should ask for a list of desirable things for a good coffee shop... A top five 'must haves'

Here's my list (just in case you ask)

1) Great coffee

2) Selection of reading material - daily newspapers and magazines etc

3) Deep comfy sofas

4) Cakes, pastries

5) Friendly staff who remember your name and drink

Interesting you should say that, Neung. I go to a coffee shop in a crappy shopping mall, with no aesthetic appeal, but it's close to my home, I like the coffee and I can see lots of people passing by.

Maybe you should ask for a list of desirable things for a good coffee shop... A top five 'must haves'

Here's my list (just in case you ask)

1) Great coffee

2) Selection of reading material - daily newspapers and magazines etc

3) Deep comfy sofas

4) Cakes, pastries

5) Friendly staff who remember your name and drink

Yeah you are right.

Forget Dasa. It can hardly be called a coffee shop. There is only one miserable small table in the shop. Also the people there are so stuck up - they make you feel unwelcome even though you are spending money there buying their dusty books.

Aha - that's the name of the white Victorian one I was talking about... beautiful place - soso cakes and drinks...

http://www.agalico.co.th/

Soi 51

1366_1_agalico-gardens-and-tea-room.jpg

agalico1.jpg

agalico.jpg

Also I forgot to add Dasa, which is really a second-hand bookshop, but has a coffee shop included... I don't know why, but the smell of second-hand books and coffee complement each other perfectly. That's just past Emporium on the right hand side heading out of Bangkok.