Your favourite thai-dish ?

LasseDK

Sorry if im posting in the wrong forum i couldnt find a "food" segment here.

But share youre favourite dishes, and if possible what it is and what makes it special :)

My number 1 with absolutely no comparision is Tom Ka Gai, coconut soup with chicken, i actually like it without the chicken when im out as i get more soup which i could live off the rest of my life.

Its creamy and the coconut combined with the little spicy spark (i really enjoy when they make it really spicy) - just melts in the mouth, taste is superb.

Im wondering if there are any other dishes where coconut is used like that, if there are sauces or similar made with coconut ?

Sorry if im posting in the wrong forum i couldnt find a "food" segment here.

But share youre favourite dishes, and if possible what it is and what makes it special :)

My number 1 with absolutely no comparision is Tom Ka Gai, coconut soup with chicken, i actually like it without the chicken when im out as i get more soup which i could live off the rest of my life.

Its creamy and the coconut combined with the little spicy spark (i really enjoy when they make it really spicy) - just melts in the mouth, taste is superb.

Im wondering if there are any other dishes where coconut is used like that, if there are sauces or similar made with coconut ?

+1 one of the best for me too ... LDK; if memory serves me Pandora posted a cool reciepe for it ( if it was not Nicky maybe another TFer can set me right?)

And a food section (Thai or otherwise)

would seem appropreate for this group :wink:

I like Fried rice, no MSG please.

love it when they insert Thai classical music in the background letting you know it's Thai. Could have been Chinese. :P

I agree Tonia no MSG -- and I can't handle the chiles :wink:

• 10 months later...

I love ewery thaifood i ewer had eat, but one time one nice thai family make me rat, that was good, if they havent tell me i would know its rat, hehe.

And snakehead fish was good and lot of chili, and pork in thailand is execellent.

Im not much of fan for the soups but in thailand those soups are good, only if i could remember the names. :oops:

I remember having the Tom Yam Kai in Chiang Mai, the waitress asked me how hot I wanted it so I asked for it be very hot.

I sat there sweating away for 20 minutes and the waitress came back over and looked at my receipt and laughed "Medium!" :lol:

Later that night I was walking home and she passed me on her moped and pointed and laughed at me again "Medium!!!"

Most street food they serve during Kim Jay Festival. There was one time I ate some strewed cabbage during lunch at one stall outside the Wat Pho TTM School and I was hooked (never did like cabbage much but this one was exceptional), so I had it again for lunch on another day when I had lesson at Wat Pho TTM School again. There were also the bamboo shoots cooked with spicy, thin gravy and the fried yam thingy.

Really a pity that Kim Jay comes round once a year only. Now, I wonder where these stall-holders and their yummy dishes go to during non-Kim Jay period? :P

set-72157625678776521

(Sorry, I tried loading pics of the dishes up here but the pic doesn't seem to appear... I especially have trouble with the (alt+p) instruction - I tried pressing the "alt" and the "p" button together but it is not working. Probably I'm just dumb :) )