Bangkok Mar 12-14

bigKus

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the vast majority of protesters will make a quick exit once they realise that this sh*t just got serious.

All that will be left will be the hardcore few who really have nothing better to do than create trouble on behalf of someone who's laughing his arse off in his penthouse somehwere.

Hopefully he'll get what he deserves.

This is why I don't really understand your take on today nor EB's as I think the opposite will be true. We have already seen predictable reactions in Ching Mai and Udon to todays events.

The reds will have larger crowds at both sites tonight, tomorrow and Monday. Other willbe called into BKK. Most likely todays events , and how it will be spun, will embolden them into more desperate and violent action. They now have some martyrs and think the govt is on the brink - this is what their leaders will say.

The govt will be under pressure for the next few days with some coalition members worried about what flak they will get. The govt will be esp worried about its international image given the number of deaths and injured on both sides. The army and the police will be more reluctant to act promptly next time.

It seems a win the reds when they were losing puff. The narrative will be that they did not engage in violence to initiate such a crackdown (no matter the provocative action at 1st Army base at lunchtime which started this) and they are the victims of govt violence. The thugs and idiots in the UDD and PT now have more of a platform. Look at what Arisman has been saying tonight.

Remember the Oct 7 crackdown on the PAD which resulted in 2 deaths? That was in the context the PAD going to blockade parliament and the police responded with excessive force. Who won the sympathy then, received more support afterwards and who was on the back foot afterwards?

I hope your right, that I am completely wrong (as mostly I am) and that the reds returrn back home. But I think todays events just made it a whole lot messier and this current round more protracted.

Time to sleep and hope for a better day. :)

The people I was amongst were ordinary people. They weren't political subversives or terrorists or anything so extreme. They were families, couples; normal people.

I don't believe for one moment that they were considering radicle action; just a chance to let people who matter see that they have problems too. Not just those who already have lots of money and are ok thank you very much.

There are actually some very real issues at the root of this.

They are the people who won't want any part of this . They will go home and the only people who will remain are the core of the Thaksin supporters, whose only objective is to cause harm to the country.

I don't understand your reply mate as your avoiding the query I raised to you based on why I am disagree with your views on yesterday. I don't have an issue with anything you have written here. You could go back 10 -30 pgs in this thread and see I have written almost exactly the same thing. I just dont agree with your comment that the govt did the right thing in the circumstances ('a line had to be drawn') and your expectation that the most reds will now go home now that "this **** just got serious". Thagt would not seem the case given I saw children and old women on TV at Ratchadamnoen Ave AFTER Kokwua and a larger crowd later that night.

Like you, I've been to both Phan Fa and Ratchprasong a number of times. I agree most are ordinary people with real substantive issues that this country needs to address. Quite a few here on TF called for troops to be sent into Ratchprasong seemingly without thinking about the consequences for ordinary people.

Ordinary people died yesterday, ordinary soldiers, ordinary protestors and a journo.

What I want to understand is how you think yesterdays events will improve the situation and why you think the operation resulting in avoidable deaths was justified? Do the dynamics of today make you feel that this ongoing impasse is closer to a solution for this round? Does anyone really believe that the situation has improved after yesterday? I certaintly don't.

As ever during a crisis they need O Negative blood.

I'd go down there, like normal, during the Tsunami, or when someone is in real need.... but I'm torn this time, sick I know, but I detest the excess violence used which led to this, it could have all been avoided, and its just because of a few mens greed.

Police/Military could have done it 1000 times better, and the Red shirts should NEVER have been armed.

With such large numbers of injured, they must be running low on blood.

Copied from "Tweets from The Nation"

Calling O-negative blood type. Donation needed. pls head to Chalermprakiat Bldg at King Monkut hospital. Now...

Well after the medieval blood spilling rituals i don't think people will be rushing to help this time

King Mongkut Hospital is the soldiers welfare hospital only soldiers are brought to this hospital

Calling O-negative blood type. Donation needed. pls head to Chalermprakiat Bldg at King Monkut hospital. Now...

Well after the medieval blood spilling rituals i don't think people will be rushing to help this time

King Mongkut Hospital is the soldiers welfare hospital only soldiers are brought to this hospital

Thats interesting to know, where is it?

If I can rinse the drugs out of my system I'll pop down.

Thats interesting to know, where is it?

If I can rinse the drugs out of my system I'll pop down.

So kind of you.. :-)

The hospital is on Ratchawithi Rd., near Victory Monument

Maj-Gen Khattiya Sawasdipol said Sunday that the so-called 'Ronin' warriors or underground warriors helped red-shirt protesters battle troops on Saturday.

He admitted that the "unknown force" or "Ronin warriors" fired M79 grenades at troops and one M79 grenade landed at the tent of the commander of the operation, causing the troops to have no commander.

"This caused the troops to have no commander and caused them to lose the battle," Khattiya said.

"The Army commander thought the red shirts were easy to be crushed but there are not," Khattiya said.

The Nation