Bangkok Mar 12-14

bigKus

as for now, i would trade those Lin Ping 24/7 reality channel with update situation all over BKK.

I'm with you on this, seems weird that the country is in mid melt down, and all you can see on TV are sh*tty low budget dramas.

Wait, it doesn't seem weird at all.

Thai TV has been full of sh*t for ages. In the past, most Thai people seem doesn't like to watch news program on TV but thing changes when Dr.Somkiat Onwimon and his team present unique news program that very much interesting. Still, the politics and politicians always hand-on Thai media. Yet, our Thai TV program are indeed full of crap soap opera that has only same pattern & scripts..... 2 women, sometimes more than 3, are trying to fight each other to win only one d*ck. :roll:

Well summed up Khun Karnie.

And not forgetting the regular thai soapie theme of privleged guy rapes girl who eventually falls in love with him! :roll:

Well, I spent the last couple of hours having coffee with a Thai news anchor from Channel 3. That person has never mentioned government pressure or interference on anything they have covered since joining that station over a year ago.

However, they said that they feel intimidated from reporting completely and truthfully about the Reds because they fear being targets of a grenade attack. And their reporters on the scene at rallies fear reporting anything except verbatim what Red leaders said on stage because of intimidation from members of the Red security and crowds.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The army has really taken a battering! How would they ever handle armed conflict with a Burmese or Cambodia army? :roll:

probably fairly well because there would be no division like we see today. Would you want to shoot you're own countrymen?

Good point. I have previously mentioned before that one could have relatives going up against each other given where a large of troops come from. But I am not so sure that they would do fairly well against those two examples of more hardened armed forces.

Again, this goes to the quality of your troops. Based on intel. and common knowledge they have a reasonable apprehension that going into the reds would result in weapons being used against them. Of course they dont want to shoot other thais but if your being shot at do you all run away, drop your weapon and leave the APC? One unit reportedly lost their commander (A Lt. ?) when those 20 or so were injured by a grenade/explosive device.

(We are of course all engaging in pure conjecture given none of us where there, don't know the inside account of the operation, the command orders nor the ROE - rules of engagement)

What happens in a real firefight is my point?

Yeah... right!

4) Execute Seh Daeng for treason

It really is bizarre that SD has not been under detention for some time now! How many grenage attacks and explosions would not have occured if his network was dismantled?

A few months ago a military 'friend' - from the 1st army coincidently - explained it thus;

'In Thailand once you become a general, your are untouchable'.

No wonder there are nearly 15 000 retired and serving generals in Thailand! You get to build your own little empire while serving, play politics after retirement to create a larger empire and all the while remain untouchable no matter what you do........ :roll:

Out of interest, who went to either Ratchaprasong or Phan Fa earlier today?

What were the red shirts numbers like? Were there more than Fri/Sat, the same number or less?

Reportedly, there is a mourning ceremony under way at Democracy Mon since 5/6pm so I imagine the crowd there will be quite large.

Yeah... right!

4) Execute Seh Daeng for treason

It really is bizarre that SD has not been under detention for some time now! How many grenage attacks and explosions would not have occured if his network was dismantled?

A few months ago a military 'friend' - from the 1st army coincidently - explained it thus;

'In Thailand once you become a general, your are untouchable'.

No wonder there are nearly 15 000 retired and serving generals in Thailand! You get to build your own little empire while serving, play politics after retirement to create a larger empire and all the while remain untouchable no matter what you do........ :roll:

There must be a limit though. He blew uo and shot Thai soldiers! Nobody is THAT untouchable!

THE NATION: Thai reporters have all pulled from Phan Fa with sour taste in the mouth. Reds had jeered them, some'd thrown projectiles at their vans.

THE NATION: Anti-press feelings also spread to Rajprasong, though some media-sympathetic leaders want reporters to remain.

DOH ......... the media are the key to everything.... lose them and you've lost.

Well done... heres a gun..... theres your foot, safety is off.

The idiots dont need the media...

Red channel is back on the air since late afternoon according to PBS! WTF!

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/04/11/politics/Red-TV-on-air-again-30127014.html

They need it to keep the idiots alive :) it's exact like MLM business whenever they make speech ..funny...and probably works only for greedy people as well.

f*cking hell. There's a video clip of a red shirt protester getting his head blow off. :shock:

Thats a SICK clip, it put me right of eating dinner.

It could be a hugely important clip, its confusing which way the bullet came from? He fell forward?

I still cannot reach youtube!!!! Fuckin hell !!!!

f*cking hell. There's a video clip of a red shirt protester getting his head blow off. :shock:

It could be a hugely important clip, its confusing which way the bullet came from? He fell forward?

I still cannot reach youtube!!!! f*ckin hell !!!!

You don't want to!

He fell backwards - but without ballistics expertise I wouldn't know what that meant.

I know we always see i the movies that you fall away from the gun shot - but I also know a shotgun blast doesn't throw you up in the air and cars don't explode when they get shot.

And everyone was screaming - "Take a photo... take a photo."

His death was just propaganda for these misguided fools.

I still cannot reach youtube!!!! f*ckin hell !!!!

You don't want to!

I want but can't (from BKK)...

Bu web sayfası kullanılamıyor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpARrZG7_qw adresindeki web sayfası, geçici olarak kullanılamıyor veya kalıcı olarak yeni bir web adresine taşınmış olabilir.

Abhisit and the Democrats have already lost and the army is staging for a coup,

Thats a statement and a half!

much as I hate to admit, he could be right...

Dr Thitinan Pongsudihrak, also from Chulalongkorn University, shares the view that the prime minister's days in office could well be numbered.

"Abhisit's departure is imminent," said Dr Thitinan, who is currently teaching at Stanford University in the US.

"If he and his backers decide to go in for more crackdown, it could boomerang beyond imagination by galvanising the reds' upheaval into an inchoate people's revolution.

"The army's casualties and loss of armoury are shocking... Establishment forces are now shocked, petrified and paranoid. This is why a military assertiveness, perhaps revolving around the more hawkish [deputy armed forces commander] Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha, could be on the cards in the short run," he suggested.

from http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8613943.stm

still not as f*cked as 1992... But this ain't over yet, coup for certain or raining blood.

I lost a bit of respect for certain people as a result of recent events.\

I never had a problem with Takki anyway, long term, he'll be back... I think.

He'll never be back, he'll be dead when he returns, or shortly after.

ESPECIALLY after this.