Old Logo or New Logo?

admin

Which TF Logo Do You Like Best  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which TF Logo Do You Like Best

hmm ok Ã×ÃäÃè¾Ò ÃÂèÒàÃÒà·éÒÃÒ¹éÓ ãªèÃÑé¤èÃ

Time to keep my mouth shut now. Good luck with your design then.

As Aom said... hope TF will get better and better...

with developed thought and soul!

ÃÔÃÔ

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now are we going to discuss about Thai flag colour? or the logo of the website?

You know what is the problem? It's because the design is fail, we have to spend like 2-4 threads for this. and then someone thinks it's good idea to use Thai flag.

You know what I'm out of here!!!!!

Nicky i do believe Bill suggested using the colours of the Thai flag .... not the actual flag itself !!!

You know what is the problem? It's because the design is fail, we have to spend like 2-4 threads for this. and then someone thinks it's good idea to use Thai flag.

Nicky i do believe Bill suggested using the colours of the Thai flag .... not the actual flag itself !!!

hmmm dear all... I think we shouldn't raise up flag or flag color issue na... let's the designing team do their job...

So let's do it ppl

Logo or Theme contest. set up the prize, please don't be TF t-shirt...ok?

but who will be judge? Please be someone who are in the designing field.

The judge would be all of TF forum contributors, because even if Saul Bass designed the new logo or anything to do with TF, it would be debated endlessly here.

I think its a great idea to have a competition. I just pity to person who wins it.

"search all your parks in all your cities,

you'll never find a statue of a committee"

I just pity to person who wins it.

It will be all their fault. :roll:

I just wonder, out of all the talk and complaints on forums about the new TF, how many people have actually come forward and offered their services or time to actually do anything. I would surely like to shake that (or those) person's hand!

To be fair PeeMarc, it isn't really their job. There are over 63000 members apparently.

In saying that, the uniqueness of this site, in the way that there are probably less than 100 regular contributors to Journals and Forums, does lend itself to your argument.

It is they, the "regulars" who have complained about the changes, and the bugs, and there are bugs.

All justified? No! Some are gripes and whinges, but that's human nature.

How many of those you see online, but never in the forums etc. have complained? Very few I imagine.

Also, it hasn't all been complaints. There have been suggestions offered as to how things might be improved, and some people do like the change.

I do know that you have done quite some work behind the scenes. I remember reading Admin's thank you post, and I'm sure that it is appreciated.

But please also remember, not everyone in that small number of regular contributors has the skills to offer any help in website design.

Exactly!

As Admin said these colours are used in many flags around the world, even my country has the same colours. There is no law prohibiting the use of any colour for anything.

I find it very illuminating that 3 highly intelligent, discerning and open minded thai women would all be under the mistaken apprehension that somehow the colours of their national flag are somehow sacred and that to use them for a website would somehow be unlawful or offensive! :shock:

The use of a flag is a completely different issue. One can easily find many sites much more questionable than this one which use the Thai flag. (As an unrelated issue we should note that there is still a movement in thailand to bring back the old Siam flag).

PS. Old logo.

I just wonder, out of all the talk and complaints on forums about the new TF, how many people have actually come forward and offered their services or time to actually do anything. I would surely like to shake that (or those) person's hand!

I'm wondering, What can TFers do more in action except comment in here?? We can't give 100 hands to help even if we really want to but we help to improve TF by our opinions which we never get paid for that. It's worth enough for Rob and Bill to write it down and develop their product in the next step.

Every business needs compliment but they will never grown up if no any complaint.

100 heads better than 1 head for sure

Cheers you up!! Rob and Bill :wink: :arrow:

Exactly!

As Admin said these colours are used in many flags around the world, even my country has the same colours. There is no law prohibiting the use of any colour for anything.

I find it very illuminating that 3 highly intelligent, discerning and open minded thai women would all be under the mistaken apprehension that somehow the colours of their national flag are somehow sacred and that to use them for a website would somehow be unlawful or offensive! :shock:

The use of a flag is a completely different issue. One can easily find many sites much more questionable than this one which use the Thai flag. (As an unrelated issue we should note that there is still a movement in thailand to bring back the old Siam flag).

PS. Old logo.

Sure colors are colors, anybody can use in designs, but when you say that you would draw inspiration using 3 colors from a Thai flag. As a Thai person, i know what are those 3 color represents symbolical meanings..., do you?

PS. Keep the Old logo and call it a day.

20. â·É

¡ÒáÃ÷ӡÒõèà ¸§ªÒµÔâ´ÂäÃèãËé¤ÇÒÃà¤Òþ ÃÕ¤ÇÒüԴáÅõéçÃѺâ·ÉµÒá®ËÃÒ ´Ñ§¹Õé

20.1 ¡Ã÷ӡÒÃã´æ µèø§ ËÃ×Ãà¤Ã×èçËÃÒÂÃ×è¹ã´ ÃѹÃÕ¤ÇÒÃËÃÒ¶֧ÃÑ° à¾×èÃàËÂÕ´ËÂÒûÃÃà·ÈªÒµÔ µéçÃÃÇÒ§â·É¨Ó¤Ø¡äÃèà¡Ô¹Êç»Õ ËÃ×ûÃѺäÃèà¡Ô¹ÊÕè¾Ñ¹ºÒ· ËÃ×÷Ñ駨ӷÑ駻ÃѺ (ÃÒµÃÒ 118 áË觻ÃÃÃÇÅ¡®ËÃÒÂÃÒ­Ò)

20.2 ¡Ã÷ӡÒÃã´æ ·ÕèäÃèÊäÇõèø§ªÒµÔ ÃÙ»¨ÓÅç¢Ã§¸§ªÒµÔ ËÃ×ÃᶺÊբ縧ªÒµÔ µÒâéà 19.2.1 – ¢éà 19.2.5 µéçÃÃÇÒ§â·É¨Ó¤Ø¡äÃèà¡Ô¹Ë¹Ö觻Õ ËÃ×ûÃѺäÃèà¡Ô¹Êç¾Ñ¹ºÒ· ËÃ×÷Ñ駨ӷÑ駻ÃѺ (ÃÒµÃÒ 53 áËè§ ¾.Ã.º. ¸§ ¾.È. 2522)

So let's do it ppl

The judge would be all of TF forum contributors, because even if Saul Bass designed the new logo or anything to do with TF, it would be debated endlessly here.

I think its a great idea to have a competition. I just pity to person who wins it.

"search all your parks in all your cities,

you'll never find a statue of a committee"

I just pity to person who wins it.

It will be all their fault. :roll:

To be fair PeeMarc, it isn't really their job. There are over 63000 members apparently.

In saying that, the uniqueness of this site, in the way that there are probably less than 100 regular contributors to Journals and Forums, does lend itself to your argument.

It is they, the "regulars" who have complained about the changes, and the bugs, and there are bugs.

All justified? No! Some are gripes and whinges, but that's human nature.

How many of those you see online, but never in the forums etc. have complained? Very few I imagine.

Also, it hasn't all been complaints. There have been suggestions offered as to how things might be improved, and some people do like the change.

I do know that you have done quite some work behind the scenes. I remember reading Admin's thank you post, and I'm sure that it is appreciated.

But please also remember, not everyone in that small number of regular contributors has the skills to offer any help in website design.

hmm I quite disagree with this, p'Bill...

You know I work in service field... the scariest customers are customers who walk away without telling what we did wrong to them. Those people won't complain, won't write CFB. won't say anything in front of your face... cuz they don't care... they don't even have brand loyalty.

I don't think what I have said it's complainsation... I just gave my comments as a user of the site. As I said I know how hard to create this site... I don't wanna tell the team to turn back... if it's time to change, just change it...

True no one can please everyone but at least 80 % hit target must be the best.

You know this site is going down hill, I really don't wanna see that, so...develop it is the best idea.

For the team,

From comments of ppl who are the real users here, it's worth to hear... not all of it. You can't do as everyone say... but you can pick up the good ones. You know which are good cuz you are the professional.

Remember your website is a community website... and members keep it alive, only admin and team can't make it happen.

I can imagine how hard you work for this website, that's why i don't wanna see you throw away your precious time away... by losing members.

Exactly!

PS. Old logo.

Sure colors are colors, anybody can use in designs, but when you say that you would draw inspiration using 3 colors from a Thai flag. As a Thai person, i know what are those 3 color represents symbolical meanings..., do you?

PS. Keep the Old logo and call it a day.

20. â·É

¡ÒáÃ÷ӡÒõèà ¸§ªÒµÔâ´ÂäÃèãËé¤ÇÒÃà¤Òþ ÃÕ¤ÇÒüԴáÅõéçÃѺâ·ÉµÒá®ËÃÒ ´Ñ§¹Õé

20.1 ¡Ã÷ӡÒÃã´æ µèø§ ËÃ×Ãà¤Ã×èçËÃÒÂÃ×è¹ã´ ÃѹÃÕ¤ÇÒÃËÃÒ¶֧ÃÑ° à¾×èÃàËÂÕ´ËÂÒûÃÃà·ÈªÒµÔ µéçÃÃÇÒ§â·É¨Ó¤Ø¡äÃèà¡Ô¹Êç»Õ ËÃ×ûÃѺäÃèà¡Ô¹ÊÕè¾Ñ¹ºÒ· ËÃ×÷Ñ駨ӷÑ駻ÃѺ (ÃÒµÃÒ 118 áË觻ÃÃÃÇÅ¡®ËÃÒÂÃÒ­Ò)

20.2 ¡Ã÷ӡÒÃã´æ ·ÕèäÃèÊäÇõèø§ªÒµÔ ÃÙ»¨ÓÅç¢Ã§¸§ªÒµÔ ËÃ×ÃᶺÊբ縧ªÒµÔ µÒâéà 19.2.1 – ¢éà 19.2.5 µéçÃÃÇÒ§â·É¨Ó¤Ø¡äÃèà¡Ô¹Ë¹Ö觻Õ ËÃ×ûÃѺäÃèà¡Ô¹Êç¾Ñ¹ºÒ· ËÃ×÷Ñ駨ӷÑ駻ÃѺ (ÃÒµÃÒ 53 áËè§ ¾.Ã.º. ¸§ ¾.È. 2522)

SB, the majority of flags in the world use colours which have a symbolic meaning for those peoples so yes I do understand that issue.

I trust your taking that symbolic matter seriously by searching the web for thai related sites which use those 3 colours to vet the suitability of them! I think you'll find hundreds of websites, using those colours, which are much more offensive than TF could ever be.

You have quoted excerpts from an unattributed law which refers to the fact that the use of the Thai flag must be with respect (Sec 20). No one will argue about that. All countries generally have A Flag Act which proscribes the exact design, usage and conduct regarding the use of a nations flag. However, the Flag Act with respect it is irrelevant in this discussion.

Again, the idea was canvassing using colours NOT the flag.

So let's do it ppl

We don't need the best popular artist to judge ka P'Neung.....Just "Us all, TFers" if participation is the point.

Art, couldn't judge right or wrong but what you like the most from what you see.

I don't know who is the best in art because there are many in the world.

I never believe that all the popular ones are the best because there must be the bestest somewhere.

Everyone has artistic in mind just believe in yourself

-AL- :rotate:

So let's do it ppl

We don't need the best popular artist to judge ka P'Neung.....Just "Us all, TFers" if participation is the point.

Art, couldn't judge right or wrong but what you like the most from what you see.

I don't know who is the best in art because there are many in the world.

I never believe that all the popular ones are the best because there must be the bestest somewhere.

Everyone has artistic in mind just believe in yourself

-AL- :rotate:

Nong Aom,

I stop saying anything ¤×à äÃèÃÂÒ¡àÃÒà·éÒä»ÃÒ¹éÓ

There will have contest or not it's none of my business...

Sorry I was too moody this morning, and that has nothing to do with flag or colour, simply PMS.

Anyway, I support the idea of "logo-contest". OutOfOrder suggests that just after "re-design" thing was on. And I hope the contest won't be quiet like that "I am on" VDO contest. I spent time on writing PM to some female members, inviting them to join the contest and all that. Few join the contest but nothing happens afterward. and we never heard of that contest again.

Having "ideas" is one thing, being "creative" is another and then making it is the hardest part.

Anyway, I can't see how "red-white-blue" fit with the colour we have on now. That's a challenge! .. and it's gonna be interesting.

Sorry, I had to run out to my Thai class (that's not a joke).

Let's just review what I did say:

I'm actually surprised that TF has never really incorporated the Thai flag colors. Whether it be in the logo or in the general design of the site. Maybe I'm wrong but a little red, white, and blue seems like a natural color scheme for a Thailand focused website.

I did not suggest that we use the flag. So all subsequent discussion about whether or not it's legal to use the flag seems irrelevant considering that it wasn't even suggested.

That being said, I do respect the fact that some people may find the use of the red, white, and blue color scheme to be disrespectful. I can't say that I understand why but I guess it's one of those things that you just sort of accept.

So let's just move on from there . . .

In regards to PeeMarc's comments about people coming forward to offer help . . . well, I have a range of opinions on that. Obviously the mods have done so and their contributions to the community are invaluable. So PeeMarc, if you want to shake any current or previous mods hands that's a good starting place.

And there have been some people who have offered to do little things like re-write copy and other tasks. Right when we launched one person went through and pulled all the typos and grammatical errors and sent them privately to Rob and I.

I would guesstimate that there are a dozen or two dozen members who actually catch a lot of stuff on the site. You probably don't know who they are because they send the stuff directly to Rob and I rather than try to make a big deal of it on the journals or forums.

But in terms of the new design, well, on one hand it's not anybody's job to help. Additionally, many folks don't necessarily have the skills or expertise to help. So, I see that side of the argument.

On the other hand, I think what you may have been getting at is the people who seem either intentionally or unintentionally unhelpful in their feedback. For instance saying that you hate the redesign but then being unable to articulate why isn't really very helpful. How are we supposed to improve?

In that regard, yes, I would love to see more people offering to help. If people could clearly express ideas, suggestions, etc, I think that helps us in getting a better read on what the users want.

Even if helping is just sending me or Rob a link in a PM telling us to check out what some other site is doing. You don't even have to be good at describing it. Just send an example.

Instead of picking new logo or back to the old one why don't we set one "TF LOGO" competition as the first participation?

In deep of people's mind, everyone wants to show off.

no worry if someone can't use photoshop, illustrator or any graphics programs just paint in the paper.

Just a thought :wink:

-AL-

This was suggested earlier and I think it's a great idea. I will finger paint one submission.

what does the winner get?

A personal spotter when your lifting weights DC....

saying "Come on ya wimp...SUCK it up!" :lol::lol:

Strange I only really looked at it yesterday and thought it looks really very nice.

Can't remember what the old one looked like now.

You are getting old ror ja, PiAnt eieieieiei :lol:

joob joob :oops:

Yes ja, but you get more and more beautiful every day : P

bnI8N7CMi9smile.gif

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm please stop saying sweeeeeeeet thing in public before people :puke_right: :lol:

Sorry, I had to run out to my Thai class (that's not a joke).

Let's just review what I did say:

I'm actually surprised that TF has never really incorporated the Thai flag colors. Whether it be in the logo or in the general design of the site. Maybe I'm wrong but a little red, white, and blue seems like a natural color scheme for a Thailand focused website.

I did not suggest that we use the flag. So all subsequent discussion about whether or not it's legal to use the flag seems irrelevant considering that it wasn't even suggested.

That being said, I do respect the fact that some people may find the use of the red, white, and blue color scheme to be disrespectful. I can't say that I understand why but I guess it's one of those things that you just sort of accept.

So you are taking Thai classes. Good. Thai flag colors, red white and blue.

¤ÇÒÃËÃҢçÊÕ¸§äµÃç¤ì¤×à ÊÕá´§ËÃÒ¶֧ªÒµÔ áÅà ¤ÇÒÃÊÒÃѤ¤Õ ¢Ã§¤¹ã¹ªÒµÔ ÊÕ¢ÒÇËÃÒ¶֧ÈÒʹÒ «Öè§à»ç¹à¤Ã×èçúÃÃÊÑè§Êù¨Ôµã¨ãËéºÃÔÊØ·¸Ôì ÊÕ¹Óà§Ô¹ËÃÒ¶֧¾ÃÃÃËÒ¡ÉѵÃÔÂì¼Ùé·Ã§à»ç¹»ÃÃÃØ¢¢Ã§»ÃÃà·È

"A Thailand focused" website? Can you incorporate that with topless coyote girls and salivated farang tourists? You can paint all colors you want and call it your Thailand focused. But not the Thailand i know or want to show the world. Sorry.

¤ÇÒÁËÁÒ¢ͧÊÕ¸§äµÃç¤ì¤×Í ÊÕá´§ËÁÒ¶֧ªÒµÔ áÅÐ ¤ÇÒÁÊÒÁѤ¤Õ ¢Í§¤¹ã¹ªÒµÔ ÊÕ¢ÒÇËÁÒ¶֧ÈÒÊ¹Ò «Öè§à»ç¹à¤Ã×èͧͺÃÁÊÑè§Ê͹¨Ôµã¨ãËéºÃÔÊØ·¸Ôì ÊÕ¹Óà§Ô¹ËÁÒ¶֧¾ÃÐÁËÒ¡ÉѵÃÔÂì¼Ùé·Ã§à»ç¹»ÃÐÁØ¢¢Í§»ÃÐà·È

"A Thailand focused" website? Can you incorporate that with topless coyote girls and salivated farang tourists? You can paint all colors you want and call it your Thailand focused. But not the Thailand i know or want to show the world. Sorry.

Yawn . . . . .

What's the matter, the first three or four times you brought this up it didn't stir up the outrage you hoped for so you're going to try it again? We'll try to screw up something else so you have some new material. God knows you need some new material because this thing ran it's course long ago.

Obviously the Thai flag colours are WAY too contentious to use on here.

Outragious!!!

As a compromise, seeing as there are a lot of Westerners here, maybe something else?

USA colours maybe? Possibly UK or France's colours might be more appropriate; or less controversial, Luxembourg?

(Obviously not Serbia and Montenegro.)