Why do English teachers get such a hard time.

drlovelife8

Why are farang teachers lowly regarded?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Why are farang teachers lowly regarded?

• Because they are shit.
    • They are highly regarded.
    • Because they always use the beer option and date ugly whores in public.
    • Well, I don't know.

Question

I have several friends who work in a high school. But when people ask then what their jobs are they either lie or say their job title with embarrassment.

Why. It must feel good to help people get prepared to live a more successful life.

Why do English teachers get a bad rap.

They seem to work quite long hours for a relatively low wage when you look at other farang salaries (managers of companies and engineers).

Don't give me any **** about their behavior out of work!! They don't earn enough to be the real bad boys of this city. That goes to the high roller farang. and well off Chinese and Japanese guys...... and me.

Is it because a few are **** teachers and only came here to **** girls..... Doesn't that make them over qualified???

If it is because a few are arse-wipes... Isn't that like saying all blacks are crooks because of a stereo-type of them which a small number re-enforce???

Thoughts please..... My 2 best mates in this country stared out as English teachers here and 2 more really good ones still are. My first job here was in a school too.

You thoughts...... I work in a hospital by the way..... Just to distance myself from such low class, farang keenok, couldn't score in a brothe, fat, overweight, bald, riddled with AIDS, *****-dating, hooker-barebacking, ugly, smelly, poor, useless, pitiful, blah blah blah scum :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The last part was the inevitable Dr.Lowlife humour.

But really, I don't see Thai teachers being so embarrassed by their work choice.

• Answers 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You don't read well. Before I left NYC I had an $80,000 a year job doing web development. I had a 3000 sq foot space as my playground 2 motorbikes and a car. I don't sleep with whores, consume drugs or live in LA. That alone makes me a decent human being.

I also consider myself a medium size mammal. Back to sucking d*ck for coke for you sir.

$80K in NYC :!:

You don't read well. Before I left NYC I had an $80,000 a year job doing web development. I had a 3000 sq foot space as my playground 2 motorbikes and a car. I don't sleep with whores, consume drugs or live in LA. That alone makes me a decent human being.

I also consider myself a medium size mammal. Back to sucking d*ck for coke for you sir.

I'm sure that includes the boroughs.

Obviously you can't live on that in downtown Manhattan, but you can get by on 80k in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens no problem.

I'm sure that includes the boroughs.

Obviously you can't live on that in downtown Manhattan, but you can get by on 80k in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens no problem.

really??? you can't????? i know several dozen living dead then.

Exactly how condotown comes across in his postings.

Somebody who thinks that anyone who has a baht less than him or doesn't meet his very high moral standards is a complete "douchebag" not worthy of a place on this earth.

Yes because we need more poor half-wits, with low moral standards around to breed and populate this planet.

good call there.

Try to read and understand the posting correctly.

I am aware that english is not your first language but it should be quite simple.

Thanks.

Let me guess you are an English teacher?

No i'm not an english teacher but unlike some of the pompous pratts on this site i have no problem with those that are,

To be honest occasionly some months i probably earn less than some english teachers here do, but if having a great education and having 2 [yes 2] masters degrees would turn me into a complete and utter cock like some of the posters on here, i am quite happy to struggle on ekking out a miserable existence here in LOS.

Did I mention that I'm only a couple terms away from my Ph.D. in Philosophy and Religious Studies?

But I won't complete it, or else NOBODY on TF would qualify as being worthy of even smelling my sh*t.

what do you say to someone with a Ph.D. in Philosophy and Religious Studies??

Big Mac and fries twice please.

Now that's funny.

Does anyone else has a master or Ph.D to show off? Hurry up!!!

I have my 25 meter swimming certificate... beat that slappers!!

Cycling Proficiency Badge mofo!!!

Ha!!!

(imminent smugness approaching)

:lol:

well seeing as some of us have lived in countries with

a) low (relatively speaking) intensity guerilla warfare for about 30 years or so

and

B) spent nearly 7 years in a country with a full scale civil war going on

thailand ain't so bad .... unless u r a blow hard neo con nazi p*ssy !!!

I attribute it to coming across a rotting, maggot, cockroach, common house fly infested carcass. As disgusting and vile as it is to see, smell and hear, it's still fascinating to poke at using a long enough stick to disturb the vermin and observe how they react.

and knowing the flea pits u choose to stay in @ hookerville bkk .... i'm sure u have poked more than ur fair share of said "infested carcasses" !!!

if there's one think worse than a f**king sex tourist .... it's a f**king holier than thou self righteous prick of a f**king sex tourist !!!! not saying that this applies to anyone on TF .... obviously !!! :roll: :roll:

See what happens when you use a 2 by 4 to disturb the carcass and its resident parasites? Here we can see one of the longer term feeding maggots rolling over and retching out some green bile-like substance; similar to a drunken gutter rat. This is just one didactic example. I imagine more will follow.

350 additional satisfied travelers will tell all their friends the same when they get home

Ah the chaotic pleasures.......

wow looks like someone got turned down by one of those hookers he plays pool with at dulliver's. bitter much?

oh and PS they're stranded at the airport because of the volcanic ash cloud over iceland... you are apparently unaware of that (or just dishonest).

Now that's funny.

Ha!!!

I have 2 marriage certificates, both with farang!!! beat that sunshine.

(p.s not to any English teacher tho')

Exactly how condotown comes across in his postings.

Somebody who thinks that anyone who has a baht less than him or doesn't meet his very high moral standards is a complete "douchebag" not worthy of a place on this earth.

Yes because we need more poor half-wits, with low moral standards around to breed and populate this planet.

good call there.

Try to read and understand the posting correctly.

I am aware that english is not your first language but it should be quite simple.

Thanks.

Let me guess you are an English teacher?

No i'm not an english teacher but unlike some of the pompous pratts on this site i have no problem with those that are,

To be honest occasionly some months i probably earn less than some english teachers here do, but if having a great education and having 2 [yes 2] masters degrees would turn me into a complete and utter cock like some of the posters on here, i am quite happy to struggle on ekking out a miserable existence here in LOS.

Did I mention that I'm only a couple terms away from my Ph.D. in Philosophy and Religious Studies?

But I won't complete it, or else NOBODY on TF would qualify as being worthy of even smelling my sh*t.

no offense intended of course but if you're going to study something as completely, hopelessly useless as philosophy or religious studies, you might as well have gone into the arts.

Now that's funny.

Ha!!!

I got a rake of **** from the cubs, but hardly seems fair to taunt you with those.

Now that's funny.

Ha!!!

I will see your marriage certificates and raise you a National Student Radio award, an advanced COSCA Counselling Certificate and a 5 GBP voucher off my next meal at an O'Neills Pub.

Now that's funny.

Ha!!!

I got a rake of sh*t from the cubs, but hardly seems fair to taunt you with those.

well if you never made it to the Scouts (like I did) probably not

part timer

Now that's funny.

Ha!!!

I will see your marriage certificates and raise you a National Student Radio award, an advanced COSCA Counselling Certificate and a 5 GBP voucher off my next meal at an O'Neills Pub.

I have a Blue Peter Badge from 1979 (and I was in the audience) which should **** on your certificates and vouchers. I was in the cubs too you bunch of thickos.

Now where's my ******* fries condomtown

I think that might be true for some.

don't recall saying it was true for *all*. probably 'cause i *didn't.*

you stated vast majority. that would suggest 80%... Would that be a vast majority.

i'd rate "vast majority" at anything over 70 percent. by saying *might* be true for *some*, then, you're suggesting these gentlemen make up only about 30 percent, and the rest are as studly as you claim you are? would that be what you mean by "true for some?"

Sounds like we are both full of inaccurate sh*t then.

I stand by the idea I have that English teachers can't be any worse than high rollers at filth. In fact if they are as poor as condo town would have you believe , they couldn't afford to lord it too much.

the careful observer would note that neither of us has attempted statistically valid survey, true. neither of us have done anything whatsoever to make sure our sample is a) big enough and B) representative. i suspect you're not counting the type of guy one might see while crossing the border at Nong Khai (or any other land crossing)... you know, the one with "PATTAYA" tatooed in big bold letters on the back of his neck... there are an awful lot of that type of farrang around if one bothers to look. but again, majority is not the same as all; i'll leave it to vbroker to tar every farrang in Thailand with the same brush. he's better at at.

i don't recall ever claiming high rollers were any better (and many norty boys indeed), and 'vast majority' was referring to farrangs who want to stay in thailand regardless of income level, not just English teachers.

Now that's funny.

Ha!!!

I have a Blue Peter Badge from 1979 (and I was in the audience) which should sh*t on your certificates and vouchers. I was in the cubs too you bunch of thickos.

Now where's my f*cking fries condomtown

we have already established cubs were for part timers...

and Blue Peter badge?

Pah!!

I will see your Blue Peter Badge and raise you a 'Jim fixed it for me' badge!!

And no, I don't want my fries supersized.

Now that's funny.

i have my ymca lifesaving certificate and was this close to being certified as a lifeguard, but then i got to 7th grade and discovered chasing girls.

Now that's funny.

Ha!!!

I have a Blue Peter Badge from 1979 (and I was in the audience) which should sh*t on your certificates and vouchers. I was in the cubs too you bunch of thickos.

and Blue Peter badge?

Pah!!

OK, time to bring out the big guns.

Boys brigade for 6 months, a VW badge from my Beastie Boys-car-badge-stealing days behind the carpark of International Supermarket and signed copies of condomtown's school certificates.

Guest BackinBangkok

There is a significant section of the farang population in Thailand who like to knock everyone else as they think it make themselves look better ... i also wonder on a almost daily basis why many Thais who are so very eager to tell you how wonderfully educated they are, are so quick to knock them.Me i couldnt stand most teachers from the age of about 12.

But from living overseas in several countries in the last 10 years, i find most expats be they in Thailand/ Bahrain/ Spain/ Cambodia are drunken mouthy assholes who reinvent themselves be they teachers or Managing Directors. :wink:

There is a significant section of the farang population in Thailand who like to knock everyone else as they think it make themselves look better ... i also wonder on a almost daily basis why many Thais who are so very eager to tell you how wonderfully educated they are, are so quick to knock them.Me i couldnt stand most teachers from the age of about 12.

But from living overseas in several countries in the last 10 years, i find most expats be they in Thailand/ Bahrain/ Spain/ Cambodia are drunken mouthy assholes who reinvent themselves be they teachers or Managing Directors. :wink:

Exactly what I have been saying. They just need a group to blame whilst they write a new script for their Wlater ******* Mitty life.

I am honest enough to admit my short comings, of which there are dozens... Not to mention I sell my arse to men with AIDS in a half way house on the Cambodian border town of Poi Pet with no condoms, you never know what bloody chemicals have been used to make them things........... Buy hey, could be worse. I could be teaching English in Thailand....... Kidding all Ajarns.............You know I love you guys.

Now where are my ******* fries......

Now that's funny.

Ha!!!

and Blue Peter badge?

Pah!!

Boys brigade for 6 months, a VW badge from my Beastie Boys-car-badge-stealing days behind the carpark of International Supermarket and signed copies of condomtown's school certificates.

THAT'S your big guns???

Oh ****.

Boys Brigade were just neo nazi pre teens who couldn't get into the scouts.

Raise you 2 VW badges, John Noakes' autograph, a Jaguar emblem, and a voucher for a week's self catering in Skegness.

(and sorry - those school certificates are worthless to all but the McDonalds management)

Now that's funny.

Ha!!!

and Blue Peter badge?

Pah!!

THAT'S your big guns???

Oh sh*t.

Boys Brigade were just neo nazi pre teens who couldn't get into the scouts.

Raise you 2 VW badges, John Noakes' autograph, a Jaguar emblem, and a voucher for a week's self catering in Skegness.

(and sorry - those school certificates are worthless to all but the McDonalds management)

Holy ****, you raped me................. You win, daaaaamn ******!!!!!

How much were you making when you were 25?