Why do English teachers get such a hard time.

drlovelife8

Why are farang teachers lowly regarded?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Why are farang teachers lowly regarded?

• Because they are shit.
    • They are highly regarded.
    • Because they always use the beer option and date ugly whores in public.
    • Well, I don't know.

Question

I have several friends who work in a high school. But when people ask then what their jobs are they either lie or say their job title with embarrassment.

Why. It must feel good to help people get prepared to live a more successful life.

Why do English teachers get a bad rap.

They seem to work quite long hours for a relatively low wage when you look at other farang salaries (managers of companies and engineers).

Don't give me any **** about their behavior out of work!! They don't earn enough to be the real bad boys of this city. That goes to the high roller farang. and well off Chinese and Japanese guys...... and me.

Is it because a few are **** teachers and only came here to **** girls..... Doesn't that make them over qualified???

If it is because a few are arse-wipes... Isn't that like saying all blacks are crooks because of a stereo-type of them which a small number re-enforce???

Thoughts please..... My 2 best mates in this country stared out as English teachers here and 2 more really good ones still are. My first job here was in a school too.

You thoughts...... I work in a hospital by the way..... Just to distance myself from such low class, farang keenok, couldn't score in a brothe, fat, overweight, bald, riddled with AIDS, *****-dating, hooker-barebacking, ugly, smelly, poor, useless, pitiful, blah blah blah scum :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The last part was the inevitable Dr.Lowlife humour.

But really, I don't see Thai teachers being so embarrassed by their work choice.

• Answers 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

yeah when I lived in Atlanta Georgia ...the natives said I was from "up North" :roll:

(true story) :lol::lol::lol:

I am from South Georgia and we call the people in Atlanta northerners... :D

I'm from Seattle so you're both rednecks.

I'm from South East Asia and we call the lot of ya white sharks .

I'm from Glasgow and we call the lot of ya bastards.

:lol:

but we would blend in nicely there Iain! :lol::lol: Ah! now i know where home truly is!!! :wink:

Universal sum it up is call white trash :twisted: :lol:

:cry: ouch!

yeah when I lived in Atlanta Georgia ...the natives said I was from "up North" :roll:

(true story) :lol::lol::lol:

I am from South Georgia and we call the people in Atlanta northerners... :D

I'm from Seattle so you're both rednecks.

Nothing wrong with a little Southern Hospitality... :D

Actually I lived in Portland, Oregon for a while also and to tell you the truth wasn't that much different than back home.

all right let's get back to the stinkin' English teachers in Thailand...

I was going to come for a short course-- my spelling has always stunk :lol:

I cannon spell to safe my live.....

Looking forward to attending with you. But only if we have a half drunk, primary school educated folk-lift driver from Bristol as a teacher!

Looking forward to attending with you. But only if we have a half drunk, primary school educated folk-lift driver from Bristol as a teacher!

make sure youse guys ax for Ralphie, he's from Bristol. you'll recognize him, he's the one with "Pattaya" tattooed across the back of his neck. don't know if he finished primary school though. if he didn't we can give you a discount!

you will learn many great things, such as

"your thick" is correct, and "you're thick" is for pretentious poofs.

make sure youse guys ax for Ralphie, he's from Bristol. you'll recognize him, he's the one with "Pattaya" tattooed across the back of his neck. don't know if he finished primary school though. if he didn't we can give you a discount!

People who don't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're' really piss me off.

I think their all stupid bastards.

People who don't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're' really piss me off.

YOUR ORL A LOWD OV STOOPID BASTADZ.

you are just taking it too far now...

you are just taking it too far now...

Sounds like a plan LG ...maybe make it a TF event (thinkin' of admin's bonus offer...pretty good eh?) well IF Ralphie, does have a Pattaya connection, I am sure the party is on!!!! :lol: :wink:

Ha ha ha...

I saw what you did there.

They're stupid bastards indeed!

*** that racial slur is reserved for the brothers***

oh chill out whitey...

:wink:

now i will never understand why it is OK for "brothers" to use that term and not others !!!! if it's a racial slur surely NOBODY should use it .... but if it's ok for brothers why should other ppl not be allowed to use it !!!

Cracker.

The way a friend explained it to me is that when your own people say it, it hurts less then when an outsider says it. For example if my Russian friends call me a derogatory slang term that refers to Russians I'll feel better about it than if a Thai calls me the same name.

Cracker is a slang term for slave owner that would only stick to Americans. He's more of Honkey.

Actually Cracker is interchangeable with " redneck" almost always toward a poor -white southern male....and almost exclusively used from a

black toward and white...nothing to do with slave ownership

Honky was in use in the 60s & 70s much in the same way....(you hardly ever heard it used these days)....funny how nasty slang goes out of favor...ah hell we always have to have a new trend :roll:

you know Wikipedia isn't always the only answer :P

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cracker

Originally the white slave driver because he would "crack" the whip, hence the noun cracker.

but if you like copy and pasta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_%28pejorative%29

The origins of the term "cracker" are unknown, with multiple theories to explain its history.

Another theory is that slaver foremen in the antebellum South used bullwhips to discipline African slaves, with such use of the whip being described as 'cracking the whip'. In this folk etymology the white foremen who cracked these whips were thus known as 'crackers'

Sorry Dc ...I thought living in the South since 1967 (except for a five year stint might give me a little insight :roll: do not think an on-line source was where I am coming from my friend... YUP --really!

lol

*** that racial slur is reserved for the brothers***

oh chill out whitey...

:wink:

now i will never understand why it is OK for "brothers" to use that term and not others !!!! if it's a racial slur surely NOBODY should use it .... but if it's ok for brothers why should other ppl not be allowed to use it !!!

Cracker.

The way a friend explained it to me is that when your own people say it, it hurts less then when an outsider says it. For example if my Russian friends call me a derogatory slang term that refers to Russians I'll feel better about it than if a Thai calls me the same name.

Cracker is a slang term for slave owner that would only stick to Americans. He's more of Honkey.

Actually Cracker is interchangeable with " redneck" almost always toward a poor -white southern male....and almost exclusively used from a

black toward and white...nothing to do with slave ownership

Honky was in use in the 60s & 70s much in the same way....(you hardly ever heard it used these days)....funny how nasty slang goes out of favor...ah hell we always have to have a new trend :roll:

you know Wikipedia isn't always the only answer :P

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cracker

Originally the white slave driver because he would "crack" the whip, hence the noun cracker.

but if you like copy and pasta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_%28pejorative%29

The origins of the term "cracker" are unknown, with multiple theories to explain its history.

Another theory is that slaver foremen in the antebellum South used bullwhips to discipline African slaves, with such use of the whip being described as 'cracking the whip'. In this folk etymology the white foremen who cracked these whips were thus known as 'crackers'

Sorry Dc ...I thought living in the South since 1967 (except for a five year stint might give me a little insight :roll: do not think an on-line source was where I am coming from my friend... YUP --really!

lol

"Hello Daaave?"

lol

"Hello Daaave?"

well.... ya know Iain she would have first hand experience in this department :wink: :lol::lol:

Ha ha ha...

I saw what you did there.

They're stupid bastards indeed!

he's qualified. maybe Piant'll hire him.

lol

"Hello Daaave?"

well.... ya know Iain she would have first hand experience in this department :wink: :lol::lol:

funny... just finished watching the exorcist. i think the demon's name was pazuzu... or dave, or something...