Songkran 2010

vbroker

Happy Thai New Year!!!

It's that time again; ain't it? So I thought to get an early start on all the inevitable whining/whiners that will be bitching soon.

Yes..........it's time for prickly powder, general debauchery and water (invited or not) fun.

To the whiners: remember why y'all are there. Cheap food, booze, accommodations, women, escape law clauses and general lifestyle does NOT mean you're not subject to the lesser "pleasantries" there. Sorry, you can't have all the bennies there sans the nonsense; logic dictates otherwise. The flimsy and preferentially enforced laws, coups, red shirts, yellow shirts, airport takeovers, face loss and the annual water and other things assault are just part of the overall experience y'all signed up for.

So here's my suggestion: rather than do the usual; namely complaining here about this particular holiday, why don't y'all find a nice secluded island there somewhere, secure cheap accommodations (500 - 1000 baht/night) and ride out the BS on some nice Thai beach for the three or four days unmolested? Sorry if once again I'm making too much sense for some of you.

Well, just came back from Koh Tao, it's not bad choice at all... it's such a lovely place to get away from BKK.

For me, I will go up to the North-east, my thought if ppl from Issarn try to take BKK. during Songkran, so just let them have fun and relax.... I will find a quiet place in Lei and Chiangkaan hehe. :wink:

YEAH!!! Songkran!!

I love it... let's get out there and throw some water. (maybe touch a few drunk girls' lady bumps)

Should TF do an event? Can we find a pick-up truck? How about just meeting somewhere for some drinks and craziness?

In Bkk ? watch out Gas truck and fire buses...

:lol:

So here's my suggestion: rather than do the usual; namely complaining here about this particular holiday, why don't y'all find a nice secluded island there somewhere, secure cheap accommodations (500 - 1000 baht/night) and ride out the BS on some nice Thai beach for the three or four days unmolested? Sorry if once again I'm making too much sense for some of you.

FFS ... as if most of us living here haven't already figured out how to enjoy/survive songkran !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

YEAH!!! Songkran!!

I love it... let's get out there and throw some water. (maybe touch a few drunk girls' lady bumps)

Should TF do an event? Can we find a pick-up truck? How about just meeting somewhere for some drinks and craziness?

In Bkk ? watch out Gas truck and fire buses...

:lol:

Why not? It's fun!!

I might call it "Red Party"

Dress code: Sexy Red cloths....

How about that?

I really enjoy staying in Bangkok for Songkhran.

Great fun.

Like a week long wet t-shirt contest.

Shame it only happens once a year.

I enjoy Songkhran but in Chaing Mai not BKK.

And I agree the wet t-shirts are an added bonus.

lovely hot, sunny weather at the beach .... pretty thai girls in tight t-shirts .... buckets of ice cold water !!!!

yeah f**king right we're all gonna be whining and bitching !!!!

Great fun.

And I agree the wet t-shirts are an added bonus. (Well unless it is some fat bloke with moobs).

You are so brave to go to Chiangmai... lol

my friends who are living in Chiangmai said there were bombs everyday just like BKK.

Great fun.

And I agree the wet t-shirts are an added bonus. (Well unless it is some fat bloke with moobs).

You are so brave to go to Chiangmai... lol

my friends who are living in Chiangmai said there were bombs everyday just like BKK.

Not brave and I honestly had not thought about it bCool, hopefully those idiots discharging bombs will have a Songkran break as well.

However, I won't mind some water bombs are thrown CM!

Initially, I was thinking to join Songkran festival for shooting photos with the Lomography Embassy Store Bangkok on KSR this year because I have never been there during this festival. But I don't think their event still be held with the serious situation has been happening around the area. :cry:

The second plan, going on de beaches, would probably a better choice!

not to sound like an azzwhole but.....

y the *** couldnt they pick a different month to do this bullsht - i was hoping to have fun on this holiday.

does any1 know where the fun is gonna be at now?.. like the main locations?...anywhere in bkk?.... KSR is officially shut down and frm the looks of it everybody is now leaving bkk..

in other words....does anyone know where everybody is going to celebrate Songkran? because im tryna be there.

I'm in Nonthaburi with 10 friends having ribs, burgers and beers!

At the end of the day, Thais are still Thais and Songkran will be Songkran. I can imagine that you will still find pockets of good fun around the lower sukhumvit area (sois 4-23). Just use common sense and move on to ratchada soi 4 if mobs are ruining the fun. Then try silom, etc...

Don't wear red or yellow!