Songkran 2010

vbroker

not to sound like an azzwhole but.....

y the *** couldnt they pick a different month to do this bullsht - i was hoping to have fun on this holiday.

does any1 know where the fun is gonna be at now?.. like the main locations?...anywhere in bkk?.... KSR is officially shut down and frm the looks of it everybody is now leaving bkk..

in other words....does anyone know where everybody is going to celebrate Songkran? because im tryna be there.

I'm just gonna have a splash around in the bath on Tuesday instead of the usual shower

It's my least fav holiday in Thailand. Today, had a drunk Thai smash into my bike while he was speeding out of control. I had to pay the fucker to **** off cause I know who the Thai cops would side with.

Mixed in being raped with ice cold water every 50 meters to make it a lot less fun.

So not worth leaving the house.

It was bad timing to do culture research in Chiangkarn cuz of water fighting, lol. While I was talking pictures of old shops / buildings / houses / home stays... I was attacked by someone in truck... gosh!! I was holding a camera without protection :cry: but I didn't blame them, I blame myself. Got all wet, and lucky me water just hit the camera monitor not the lens...Phewwwwwwww!!!

Today i was attacked by kids gang while i was on my way home.... they used water guns... and more... :P

So fun!!

Yep, I recall most of my memories about Songran holiday, kids, smiling people,drunk guys!.But, anyway,like most people said,they miss home when they were far away ,and the place is Thailand.

Can't stand it.

Bunch of drunk white thugs, running in the streets like kids, backed up by screaming, hysterical girls.

No longer over at sunset - people still throwing water at midnight...

Out of control... as is only to be expected.

Try my neighbors then, Suthisarn and Huaykwang were taken over by Phrai (red) they blocked half of the road, turn their protest music so loud... many cars tried to stay away from them.

And at my mom's aprt. they talked about politics on mic. and red army music so loud I couldn't sleep. I was so upset... cuz it's not Rachaprasong, it's the residence... I almost go to police station and ask police to deal with them. Damn it.

As mentioned earlier, I was out in the sticks (just got back about an hour ago). I've never done Songkran in BKK but heard enough horror stories that I always steered clear when making holiday plans. But it was kind of cool up in Isaan.

The people are mostly polite but you are 1000% a target as a farang. I would hear people start yelling "Farang, farang" some distance off and they would ignore everyone else in our group and douse me with water and cover me in talcum. Not mean spirited or anything. Many would try to chat with me in English even if all they knew was "Where are you from?" or "What is your name?" They just wanted to tell people they got to douse a farang.

I would say, out of four hours going up and down the main drag and seeing thousands of people, I saw maybe 6 farangs the entire day. So I think it's a much different vibe than BKK.

I still wouldn't want to be in BKK for Songkran but after seeing it up in Isaan I've changed my mind about the holiday.

I live in Bangkok for more than 3 years and I can't stand the Songkran madness here. So I went to Phnom Penh in Cambodia from for 5 days.I was thinking that it will be a little more civilised . What a relief to learn that splashing water in the street at vehicles or motos are prohibited. And also no water gun. I have walk everywhere and I have seen only 4 peoples putting very gently white powder in the face. At night peoples dance in the street and play some games. This is my fifth time in Cambo and be sure that I will return there every Songkran.