The Masters 2010

Dave40

Well the first round has been played and Tiger is one shot behind at 4 under, he hasn't played competitively since last year that is a pretty good effort!!!

Don't know if he can win but I marvel at just how good he is at golf!!!

I shall be watching the TV with interest over the weekend!!!! :D:D

I saw he got 2 eagles. That alone amazes me.

You mean there's more than one of you?!

:shock:

I didn't get to see any of it, but really want to watch some. I've been hitting the driving range lately, so Tiger should start to worry. I can hit the ball straight sometimes...

I didn't get to see any of it, but really want to watch some. I've been hitting the driving range lately, so Tiger should start to worry. I can hit the ball straight sometimes...

I can hit the ball straight as well!!!!! (But mostly into the bunker) :lol::lol:

heheh I didn't even see my name there. I have such a bad slice I hit the ball 90% to the right and then it goes where I want it......

Tiger has so much media surrounding him, its amazing he can come in under at all. The amount of pressure and nerves I would be feeling, plus the "dont top it" factor....would be too much.

Come on then guys, whats your golf handicap?

Mine was 10, (7 was my best)...haven't played in a while. But have been hitting the range again and getting the bug for it again. Once I can stop taking divots out of the range mats, I'll be good to go again.lol

heheh I didn't even see my name there. I have such a bad slice I hit the ball 90% to the right and then it goes where I want it......

Me too. I've recently tried opening up my stance a bit, putting my back foot forward a few inches and that has really helped.

Mind you, I don't know anything about how to play golf properly, so you probably shouldn't take my advice.

Me too. I've recently tried opening up my stance a bit, putting my back foot forward a few inches and that has really helped.

Mind you, I don't know anything about how to play golf properly, so you probably shouldn't take my advice.

Best way to cure a slice is to try and put the ball a bit further back in your stance.

Get your arms to move through the ball before your hips (to start with).

Close the club face.....An easy way to cure your slice (now this sound like black magic, but it worked for me and my hook) is when you are at the range, go to the furthest bay to the right, so then if you slice it, it will go straight into the fence. something happens where you will stop slicing it....Give it a try and see what happens.

Mine was 10, (7 was my best)...haven't played in a while. But have been hitting the range again and getting the bug for it again. Once I can stop taking divots out of the range mats, I'll be good to go again.lol

interesting :shock: ...my lst offical one was 10.2 -- six years ago;

Now about a 14 --haven't been on a course since October

... best 1996--> 6.5 ..I'll never see THAT again 5555.

BTW -- where is all the "I hate Tiger" posts...????? boy he f*ck up ..but

the guy IS an amazing golfer...

off to the range!

:wink: :D

Tom Watson

ask Mr Watson of his own failed mariage and why his wife divorced him??

can ya say double standard??

hesitant as I am to defend someone who is winding me up in another thread, I think that Yim was merely touting Tom's name as a possible Master's champion?

And many top sportsmen have failed marriages. It's par for the course (excuse the pun) when you spend so much time away from home. I think the level of criticism levelled at Tiger is more to do with the extent of his extra marital wanderings, rather than just the fact that he did it!

Tom Watson

hesitant as I am to defend someone who is winding me up in another thread, I think that Yim was merely touting Tom's name as a possible Master's champion?

And many top sportsmen have failed marriages. It's par for the course (excuse the pun) when you spend so much time away from home. I think the level of criticism levelled at Tiger is more to do with the extent of his extra marital wanderings, rather than just the fact that he did it!

so to a certain extent it sounds as if you are agreeing with me

my point is that people sin or transgress all the time but as humans they try to rationalize of the degree of the sin or transgression that they committed... my sin or transgression wasn't as bad as his or hers.. a sin is a sin is a sin as a sin is a sin...no matter what the extent of the transgression it's still a sin

TW Tom Watson was preaching wedlock unity and failed at his own I suppose he wanted to lead and show Tiger from his own example. Tom Watson is one of my favorite golfers BTW but his statements had no validity with me. sorry

Tom Watson

+1

i do not think Mr. Watson has four rounds at Augusta in him ...nice first one though!