pandorea

April 2010 Photo Competition  

86 members have voted

1. 1. April 2010 Photo Competition

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking over the comp. for next month from Pandorea, many thx to her for doing the first part!

The winner of April's TF Photo Competition on the topic of " Motion" is: "Time and motion" by Stramash.

Many Congratulations!

The topic for May's Photo Competition as chosen by Stramash is:

"Time".

A seperate topic regarding Mayl's competition will be posted shortly.

The other shutternuts behind April's entries were:

"take off" - SomAmour

"Gay box" - Beej

"last hole" - Pandorea

"blown by the wind" - Frans65

Many Thanks to all those that participated in the competition as well as to those that voted for their favourite picture.

Now go out and get ur new pics in time for May's competition

Stramash

gerritreetfookinupya

:lol:

Unexpected, especially given the pic was taken after a night of no sleep, copious amounts of alcohol and other substances and a few more drinks to start the day!!

For anyone who's interested, the pic was taken in a wee village called Dysart in Fife. In my 'altered' state, the colours just looked amazing. Just wish it had been with a better camera!

That's the flash in the pan over, back to 2 votes per entry!!

Stamash wrote:

expected, especially given the pic was taken after a night of no sleep, copious amounts of alcohol and other substances and a few more drinks to start the day!!

So you dialed in your Iris lens with slight Zooooom and there you have it, mmmmmm

Gay Box for me got it. Time and Motion a very close second.

Difference between seeing a great pic opportunity and making one I think, but both were great.

Time sounds interesting. I might even have a go.

I was calling Hobbes a Gay Box, but it turned out Nicky was sorting his emails out that week...... she mistook it for the title!

Difference between seeing a great pic opportunity and making one I think, but both were great.

Think you summed it up there mate. Would love that same shot with a decent bit of kit and some expertise.

Loved Beej's shot, even though he's a ****. Definitely 'made' a great shot out of a seemingly innocuous scene.

And looking forward to seeing how people interpret 'time'. It will hopefully produce a really wide range of different shots!!

:D

I was calling Hobbes a Gay Box, but it turned out Nicky was sorting his emails out that week...... she mistook it for the title!

This shot would have won easily I believe, if not for the name mate. It almost put me off voting for it.

Such a contrast between the static imagery and the chaos of movement in the background. I actually sat and look at the foreground for ages trying to figure out exactly where Gay Box came from.

Iain's pic of the grey, aged church steeple and the movement in the foreground was so well spotted too and sharp as a knife.

Great pics.

Iain's pic of the grey, aged church steeple and the movement in the foreground was so well spotted too and sharp as a knife.

em, have to be honest here; it really was just the pretty (to my sleep deprived, inebriated, substance altered eyes) colours in the rocks that made me take the shot!!!

The 'steeple' is an old church tower dating from the early 16th Century.

Was only when going through all my pics looking for something to enter and keep Nicky happy, that I thought it might fit the bill.

em, have to be honest here; it really was just the pretty (to my sleep deprived, inebriated, substance altered eyes) colours in the rocks that made me take the shot!!!

Was only when going through all my pics looking for something to enter and keep Nicky happy, that I thought it might fit the bill.

Funny mate, cos when I first looked at it I thought wow such motion, but where's the time bit?

Until I saw the obviously aged steeple and thought that the composition was just inspired.

Funny mate, cos when I first looked at it I thought wow such motion, but where's the time bit?

Until I saw the obviously aged steeple and thought that the composition was just inspired.

I saw time in the time it takes to cause such erosion.

This shot would have won easily I believe, if not for the name mate. It almost put me off voting for it.

Such a contrast between the static imagery and the chaos of movement in the background. I actually sat and look at the foreground for ages trying to figure out exactly where Gay Box came from.

Great pics.

Does that mean beej lost because of me made mistake? :roll: uhmmmm...

well, he knows that I put the wrong title but he didn't ask me to correct it (and btw, he didn't give the title since the first place. You could easily ask me to correct it, beej so PiAnt won't blame me for that). :evil:

Anyway, Congreatulations Iain. I didn't vote for your pic, but I like it a lot!

I saw time in the time it takes to cause such erosion.

spot on Gerry

:D