What Kind of Music are you into?

PiAnt

What Type of Music is Your Type of Music?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What Type of Music is Your Type of Music?

• Pop
    • Rap/Hip Hop
    • Country & Western
    • Classical
    • House
    • Trance
    • Jazz
    • Metal
    • Blues
    • Opera
    • Rock
    • Alternative
    • All of the above depending on my mood
    • All of the above depending on how much beer I've had

Generally, I like most stuff, but I'm fairly middle of the road, as evidenced by my collection of Greatest Hits CDs :oops:

I do lose myself in Trance and Alternative and I could listen to Enigma endlessly.

music.jpg

What type of music are you into?

(Sorry if what you're into isn't in the list. I'll add it.)

I like a variety of stuff. Talent is what holds my attention. If its just loud or bla bla bla i'm outa there....

I have to agree. It can be any kind, just so long as it touches something in me.

And not easy to categorise one's music I have to admit; it's very personal.

I enjoyed your stuff too mate, albeit a while back now.

(Sorry if that appears trite. It isn't.)

music is about moods, i can honestly say i like everything, but i dont like every track from every style, i like certain tracks from every style, its all about moods, i like unfinished symphony and i like unfinished sympathy... rarely together, depends on the mood mate......................... blow me

music is about moods, i can honestly say i like everything, but i dont like every track from every style, i like certain tracks from every style, its all about moods, i like unfinished symphony and i like unfinished sympathy... rarely together, depends on the mood mate......................... blow me

Yes. Good one. Depending on my mood option added.

I like a variety of stuff. Talent is what holds my attention. If its just loud or bla bla bla i'm outa there....

I have to agree. It can be any kind, just so long as it touches something in me.

And not easy to categorise one's music I have to admit; it's very personal.

I enjoyed your stuff too mate, albeit a while back now.

(Sorry if that appears trite. It isn't.)

ty

been involved in music in some form for over 20 years. From dj'ing to working with bands to promoting club nights.

So, as you can guess, my taste is pretty eclectic.

And agree with the doc, it's great to be able to pick cross genre tracks that fit your mood at that time. In my collection (vinyl and cd) I have blues, glam, rock, mod, ska, reggae, dub,punk, techno, acid, house, funk, ambient, soul etc etc etc.

Music can suit a mood, and music can change a mood. It can make something boring fun (try doing the housework with some really banging techno) and it can transform a 'romantic' moment from mere sex to a sensory experience.

Without music, life would be empty and without colour. You can see why the Wee Frees (dour Presbyterian bastards who ban music at their services and don't allow you to do anything on a Sunday apart from go to church) of the Western Isles of Scotland look so miserable.

In fact, can listen to nearly every style except r'n'b and pop (and 96% of Country and Western)

R'n'B used to denote a great genre; The Yardbirds, The Animals, The Stones etc.

Now it's soulless mass produced pap, manufactured by shallow little f*cks with off the shelf attitude.

Pop is an endless procession of vacuous plastic wannabees who have about as much talent as one of my discarded pubes.

Marx said that religion was the opium of the masses. In the 21st Century, religion has been replaced by musical shite that serves no purpose other than to keep celebrity obsessed brain dead f*cks spending their cash.

But Enigma?? Overproduced contrived shite mate. Sorry.

:wink:

Couldn't agree more. It all went wrong when they stopped calling it Rhythm & Blues and just R'n'B.

American 1960s R&B and Soul (in England thay call it Northern Soul) is my music of choice along with lots of 70's funk, Ska, Latin Boogaloo, Blues and just a touch of Jazz

...Soul (in England they call it Northern Soul)

Not strictly true. Soul is just soul. Northern Soul tended to be almost a sub genre. The big hits and most of the Motown label output were ignored. Most of the acts who were 'big' in Northern Soul tended to have limited success in the States. There was fierce competitiveness between the dj's to get hold of the rarest grooves, and even back in the day, vinyl swapped hands for silly amounts of cash.

But good call nonetheless...

:D

Couldn't agree more. It all went wrong when they stopped calling it Rhythm & Blues and just R'n'B.

American 1960s R&B and Soul (in England thay call it Northern Soul) is my music of choice along with lots of 70's funk, Ska, Latin Boogaloo, Blues and just a touch of Jazz

Dig what ya saying.... But Macey Grey, Mary J and others are still rocking from time to time. Just keep diggin in the crates, even if the crates are hard drives these days. I don't follow bands much these days, just tracks... MIA to Frank Sinatra...... I heard S-club-7 the other day on MTV and it reminded me of an old mate. **** song, but isn't a track attached to some memory which dictates if you like the sound anyway???????????...... It ain't the tracks as much as the mood and the memory.

Well, what's left of the memory........... What was I saying again.... Bollocks I'm going to Nana.

P.S. I have always got hard-ons to good breaks. Where did the break from Dub be good to me come from.... was it bad manners or the clash or something.

Maybe we should start a name that sample thread

While Euros were all over the music from the US we in the US were digging the English invasion. You end up with so many combos of styles. Bluegrass has its origins in Europe while the Stones and Zeppelin had origins in the states. Variety is nice, too bad the US music industry has been taken over by greedy PIGS !and they all play the same ****. Hard to find a cool station anymore. All we have is a few hours on a college station to get more then industry standards.

P.S. I have always got hard-ons to good breaks. Where did the break from Dub be good to me come from.... was it bad manners or the clash or something.

Maybe we should start a name that sample thread

It sampled loads of things. Can't remember them all, but the bassline was indeed The Clash (Guns of Brixton), the harmonica was some Ennio Morricone thing from one of the spaghetti westerns, the vocal was originally SOS Band and there were a few other things (can't for the hell of me remember where the 'jam hot' sample came from)

:)

While Euros were all over the music from the US we in the US were digging the English invasion. You end up with so many combos of styles. Bluegrass has its origins in Europe while the Stones and Zeppelin had origins in the states. Variety is nice, too bad the US music industry has been taken over by greedy PIGS !and they all play the same sh*t. Hard to find a cool station anymore. All we have is a few hours on a college station to get more then industry standards.

Definitely. Though really, internet radio is where to look. Worldwide speciality stations playing every genre, live stuff, unsigned bands etc.

Though the bluegrass is a sort of mix of UK folk stuff (esp Scots and Irish) and African American sounds.

If you want to hear some good stuff Gerry, check youtube for anything under the BBC transatlantic sessions or the Celtic Connections festival. Loads of tracks up from both festivals.

:D

Music is of course mood driven, I listen to all sorts but main genres are:

Drum and Bass, Dubstep, Ambient Dub, Chillout (Cafe Del Mar series or Buddha Bar, along those lines), House (not gonna list all the sub genre names), Old Skool Garage (But very selective), Very very little hip hop, very little RnB also.

As I produce music, I hear samples from all over the world. Its always good to have width as well as depth in musical tastes.

depends on the mood mate......................... blow me

ya speak my language lufff.

i was carrying groceries to the house the other night, when this new RnB Justin Bieber played on my mp3 player. Had to bang my head on the trunk until my earphones fell out.