Flights and Air Travel

beej

I use edreams.com for a lot of euro and latin america flights. Changing by a day or two can often throw up some crazy prices.

If you can slum it on TG they have a special for fixed dates for 17K plus 10K taxes;

http://www.thaiair.com/AIP_SuperDeals/DisplaySpecial

where is the LAX roundtrip???????? SOB! :evil:

IN the last 4 years since they started the Special Flight offers I have never seen a Nth American destination on that specials page. Europe, Asia and OZ but never the US.

Try the edreams site and see what that throws at you.

Thanks LG...I will look ...maybe Thai will throw us poor Yanks abone one day...I enjoyed their service from Paris and between Phuket last year :)

When Thai first opened their direct flights to NYC, I got a poor class round tripper for about 31,000 baht...not bad. Later it went to somewhere around 45k and up for poor class, which still was a great deal.

Then...they took it away. :cry:

I use edreams.com for a lot of euro and latin america flights. Changing by a day or two can often throw up some crazy prices.

If you can slum it on TG they have a special for fixed dates for 17K plus 10K taxes;

IN the last 4 years since they started the Special Flight offers I have never seen a Nth American destination on that specials page. Europe, Asia and OZ but never the US.

Thanks LG...I will look ...maybe Thai will throw us poor Yanks abone one day...I enjoyed their service from Paris and between Phuket last year :)

When Thai first opened their direct flights to NYC, I got a poor class round tripper for about 31,000 baht...not bad. Later it went to somewhere around 45k and up for poor class, which still was a great deal.

Bustards :evil: :evil:

Anyone seeing deals coming up to lure the farangs back to the LOS ??

I don't think it matters so much as along as you get there safely ;)

All you intrepid travellers aren't worried about TERRORISTS blowing you out of the sky with BOMBS in the luggage or flying you into big BUILDINGS or anything are you?

I think Admin should start planning some kind of TF ceremony or memorial just in case any of you DIE, smashed to pieces in the wreckage of some destroyed plane. Unrecognisable except for your dental records :D

Ahh the joys of modern day travel.

I'm green with envy I really am ;)

• 3 weeks later...

it was never profitable at its configuration on that plane. they couldnt config the seats and prices to cover the costs including extra fuel needed to fly over the north pole to NYC.

• 1 month later...
No, haven't flown with Kingfisher before. The name always reminds me of those crappy trainers that used to get sold in sports stores.

I'm flying with Etihad in a few weeks from LON-AUH-BKK in around 15hrs and for under 400 smackeroos.

sh*t you're killing me....lowest I am seeing from US - eastcoast--- $1250

( and the usual 25-30 hours) :((

No, haven't flown with Kingfisher before. The name always reminds me of those crappy trainers that used to get sold in sports stores.

I'm flying with Etihad in a few weeks from LON-AUH-BKK in around 15hrs and for under 400 smackeroos.

i'm flying back to ireland with etihad on august 19th and it's costing me over 600 quid ... and it was 800 quid 2 months ago. for whatever reasons flights from bkk to lon r nearly double the price of lon to bkk !!

having said that etihad r a quality airline and their stopovers r usually fairly short !!

Anyone ever flown the Kingfisher Airlines flight LON-DEL-BKK >>??

Its got a 14 hour stop off in Delhi, any thoughts?

I've heard that Delhi Airport is a sh*thole. Can't tell anything about Delhi itself and the distance between the two.

I think they have just opened a brand new airport at Delhi. (Terminal three)

Just checked http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10476641

i'm flying back to ireland with etihad on august 19th and it's costing me over 600 quid ... and it was 800 quid 2 months ago. for whatever reasons flights from bkk to lon r nearly double the price of lon to bkk !!

having said that etihad r a quality airline and their stopovers r usually fairly short !!

London - Bangkok Cheap as chips all classes.

Bangkok - London 40% more!!!! I don't understand it but it upsets me!

I'm in two minds, Etihad 650 quids Economy, Kingfisher 450quids (14 hours Delhi stop over). Or posh Class Egypt Air 1200 quids and get the Airmiles on Star Alliance.

London - Bangkok Cheap as chips all classes.

Bangkok - London 40% more!!!! I don't understand it but it upsets me!

I'm in two minds, Etihad 650 quids Economy, Kingfisher 450quids (14 hours Delhi stop over). Or posh Class Egypt Air 1200 quids and get the Airmiles on Star Alliance.

That 14hour stopover will be a killer. You'd be spending money unnecessarily just to stop yourself going insane. Id imagine the Etihad stopover isn't that long. Id pay the extra money for 12hrs less.

• 4 weeks later...