Help! Lets trade movies/series

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isnt the exact thread I was looking for but **** it, its close enough.

Just got done watching Dexter Season 2.. That shows pretty good. Really enjoyed the 1st season and the 2nd season saw the "real" dexter disappear for a while.

The only really annoying character is his sister, she acts (and looks) like such the typical guy. It wouldn't surprise me if they showed her hocking-a-loogie at some point.

Have season 3 loaded and ready. Bring it on.

Anyone else seen it? Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

Uhm.... I wanna join, but i can't go there... i mean...

Well.... Here's the deal....

At home i have my movie server... It's loaded with around 11.000 (yes, 3 zero's) tv show episodes from over 100 different series (all of them DVD rips or Blue Ray rips) and almost 1000 Movies...

I have no cam rips, only HD rips and dvd rips. Currenly I am re-downloading the dvdrips I have in HD format....

My problem is the data is stored on my server which has a raid 5 array, so i can't pull a single disk out....

I am living next to Muang Boran, (Ancient Siam) in samut prakarn, 2 minutes from Big-C and the crocodile farm....

Also have 2 cases of beer, a pingpong table and a whole bunch of chairs...

Meet and greet and swap event anyone?

deffo interested in the swap event but it'd have to be on a weak end and after this one... i've got about 1300 dvds, mostly movies (most of them bootlegs or downloads, and i've saved PARs and archives for many of the downloads).

as an example, currently i'm all over usenet like stank on poo, hoovering up out of print criterion edition dvds, so chances are i've got some fairly obscure stuff for people who like that sort of thing.

i don't have a lot of portable HDD space at the moment as my terabyte drive died so i've only got about 600 GB of storage lying around. all my stuff is in an excel spreadsheet so atendees should look it over and tell me what to bring.

planning to set up a movie server too, so i'd be keen on checking out how you've set it up.

PS to Teddy; Dexter's pretty good, bit soap-opera-ish but i still watch.

Well if it's fun, we can repeat it once a month or every other months or whatsoever.....

Oh, bring pingpong balls.....no.... don't even think about it.....

Doesn't matter if you're a giver or a taker.... I suppose we can also discuss experiences with different htpc setups or whatever.... i have used meedio(s), Media Portal, and am currently using XBMC...

Does it make sense for people to already have their exchanges in mind? For instance, people already come to some agreement on what movies, music, etc they want to exchange so people can bring very targeted hard drives instead of bringing their entire collection.

I will try to make a page on my website that is for member access only where you can post your own list of movies and a wishlist and/or checkout what other members have so you can more efficiently trade.

I don't think it's smart to post those lists here on the forum ;)

What time and/or day is best for most?

Saturday afternoon/evening

Sunday afternoon/evening

I will try to make a page on my website that is for member access only where you can post your own list of movies and a wishlist and/or checkout what other members have so you can more efficiently trade.

I don't think it's smart to post those lists here on the forum ;)

What time and/or day is best for most?

Saturday afternoon/evening

Sunday afternoon/evening

agree that it would be prudent to post lists on a private site, but given that we'd actually be meeting face to face, and sharing files with people we know (or know once we show up, heh) i'm pretty sure this is covered under 'fair use' laws... in other words, selling 'em ain't legal but making copies for your friends is.

the list of what i'm actively looking for is very short but if i see someone else's list i might see stuff that looks interesting, so i really like the idea of having a place to upload spreadsheets.

like the idea of it being a htpc geekfest too... i'm still doing old school, dvd burning and i think it's time to change.

sun 5th is fine for me and pretty much sat or sun are usually good.

I'd join next time then, we have a Star Wars trooping in Paragon that Saturday. Hope all u nerds have fun!

what exactly is a "Star Wars trooping"... or should i be afraid to ask?

Umm. Long story.

The 501st Legion is a Star Wars costuming group (dark side), with outposts and garrisons worldwide. The members do appearances and troop when there's a chance to, and if any money is earned it all goes to charity.

About 10000 costumes/armors now worldwide, the Thai Outpost has about 10 Stormtroopers, a couple of Darth Vaders etc.

CLEA 2010 is held at Paragon this sat, Character Licensing Expo Asia. The Commanding Officer of our outpost thought it would be a great opportunity to dust off the costumes.

For more info on The Legion; www.501st.com

And the Thai outpost is at; www.starwarsthaifanclub.com where you also can see pictures from our Adidas troop earlier this year, http://www.starwarsthaifanclub.com/index.php?mo=12&catid=123584

Feel free to join us at the dark side!

:D

I'd join next time then, we have a Star Wars trooping in Paragon that Saturday. Hope all u nerds have fun!

what exactly is a "Star Wars trooping"... or should i be afraid to ask?

Umm. Long story.

The 501st Legion is a Star Wars costuming group (dark side), with outposts and garrisons worldwide. The members do appearances and troop when there's a chance to, and if any money is earned it all goes to charity.

About 10000 costumes/armors now worldwide, the Thai Outpost has about 10 Stormtroopers, a couple of Darth Vaders etc.

CLEA 2010 is held at Paragon this sat, Character Licensing Expo Asia. The Commanding Officer of our outpost thought it would be a great opportunity to dust off the costumes.

For more info on The Legion; www.501st.com

And the Thai outpost is at; www.starwarsthaifanclub.com where you also can see pictures from our Adidas troop earlier this year, http://www.starwarsthaifanclub.com/index.php?mo=12&catid=123584

Feel free to join us at the dark side!

:D

:shock: uh oh. maybe we better make the viddy swap a sci-fi-only event, otherwise we've been seriously out-nerded :shock: