Choose your favourite picture!  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favourite picture!

• 1. I believe!
    • 2. batman suite
    • 3. Stairway to...
    • 4. Casting
    • 5. Church of FIFA 2010

Here are the 'Shutternuts' June's TF Photo Competition entries on the topic of "Religion" as chosen by May's winner.

Many thanks to those that participated!

Entry 1

GetAttachment1.jpg

"I believe!"

Entry 2

_MG_16561.jpg

"batman suite"

Entry 3

DSC_0193.jpg

"Stairway to..."

Entry 4

CastingHim.jpg

"Casting"

Entry 5

L1010450.jpg

"Church of FIFA 2010"

Over to you ladies and Gents...get voting, get discussing, get torn apart by the choices at hand. Good luck to everyone.

Vote will last 7 days.

Keep it civilised & constructive with the comments as usual, please! :wink:

i got 2 messages from members who asked why their pictures were not in the competition...they have sent it in time to the right address but somehow the pics did not arrive...

the first member already re-sent the pic so i could still add it

well, enjoy the pics!

can i just make the point that buddhism is NOT a religion !!!

but it's good to believe in buddhism :wink:

also added the second missing pic.

Buddhism is NOT a religion as much as Ireland is not a country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Thailand

Nearly 95% of Thailand's population is Buddhist.

I would have voted for #5 but the entry came too late.

saying buddhism is NOT a religion was not meant as a criticism !!! IMO it's more of a philosophy or way of life rather than a religion. especially as buddhists don't worship any god !!!

and how many of the 95% of Thais who claim to be buddhist actually follow the teachings of Buddha and live their lives according to his principals ??

Religion (from Latin religio, "reverence for the gods", "piety", possibly related to religare, "to bind" is the belief in and worship of a god or gods, or more in general a set of beliefs explaining the existence of and giving meaning to the universe, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

saying buddhism is NOT a religion was not meant as a criticism !!! IMO it's more of a philosophy or way of life rather than a religion. especially as buddhists don't worship any god !!!

and how many of the 95% of Thais who claim to be buddhist actually follow the teachings of Buddha and live their lives according to his principals ??

Religion (from Latin religio, "reverence for the gods", "piety", possibly related to religare, "to bind" is the belief in and worship of a god or gods, or more in general a set of beliefs explaining the existence of and giving meaning to the universe, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

I agree with Ciaran and will add I doubt Christ or Mohammed intended a worldwide religion. As men with supposed principles It seems hypocritical for them to expect to be worshipped as the pinnacles of perfection. I think they intended to guide people thru the despairs of life to a more karma harmonic lifestyle. But then come the churches and mosques and they need a controlling handle on these spiritual ideals and you end up with virgin births etc. If it stretches your faith a bit hard its probably just man getting creative with the truth.

just because u r a buudhist and u say it is a religion .... doesn't make it one !!!!

The fact that it holds many things ÈÑ¡´ÔìÊÔ·¸Ôì defines it as a religion rather than a philosophy.

I guess you'll next try to convince people that the scumbag catholic church isn't the largest tax-exempt, pedophile-staffed corporation in the world? :roll:

Oh, I voted for #2.

just because u r a buudhist and u say it is a religion .... doesn't make it one !!!!

The fact that it holds many things ÈÑ¡´ÔìÊÔ·¸Ôì defines it as a religion rather than a philosophy.

I guess you'll next try to convince people that the scumbag catholic church isn't the largest tax-exempt, pedophile-staffed corporation in the world? :roll:

Oh, I voted for #2.

While I agree totally with the catholic church comments (and think Ciaran would too) I think the question of whether Buddhism is a religion needs a whole seperate thread as it seems many Buddhist scholars cannot agree on this question.

One interesting comment I read however, suggested that Buddhism should have a new category - that of a 'non theistic' religion.

Voted for the bat cave by the way...

:wink:

Oh, I voted for #2.

hmmmm .... if u check my posts and journals i do believe u might notice i have absolutely no f**king time whatsoever for the catholic church !!! i despise all organised religions ... which is why i don't believe buddhism is a religion. however it is only my opinion and don't want this thread to become a buddhist/catholic/religion rant !!!

i voted for number 2 also !!! :D

I give you the winner of June's TF Photo Competition on the topic of "Religion" is: "Batman suite" by si6.

Many Congratulations! (again):D

The topic for July's Photo Competition as chosen by si6 is:

"Bright Lights and Sparkles". 8)

A seperate topic regarding July's etition will be posted shortly.

The other shutternuts behind June's entries were:

"I believe" - Pandorea

"Stairway to" - Frans65

"Casting" - Sweetiebabie

"Church of FIFA 2010" - Funky_house

Many Thanks to all those that participated in the competition as well as to those that voted for their favourite picture.

Now go out there and find the bright lights!

8)