I need a haircut

BkkPilot

I hope I am not violating any TF rules here (as my post might be construed as solicitation), but I need a haircut. My usual hair stylist bailed town and I am in need. So, does anybody have any recommendations? I am willing to pay up to 800 baht (that's my limit, not what I usually pay), but I want somebody who knows what (s)he is doing. I am in central BKK - anywhere the BTS is going is fine.

I am a difficult customer - some call me anal (and that's not a sexual reference, for the jokers amongst you). But I want somebody with decent English so I can explain what I want and somebody who takes his/her time.

Any good suggestions / or hairstylists here?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am willing to pay up to 800 baht (that's my limit, not what I usually pay), but I want somebody who knows what (s)he is doing.

A haircut costs usually 150 Baht in BKK. What would you like to include for the other 650 until you'll reach your limit? :lol:

EB, isnt that the same guy you were meant to meet on a TF event (he was supposed to turn up there in uniform)?

EB, isnt that the same guy you were meant to meet on a TF event (he was supposed to turn up there in uniform)?

He showed up... Halloween 2008 - in uniform.

DSC_0115.jpg

His name's Ralf and he's a cool guy.

And his hair is spectacular. (He's not the guy in the middle)

WOW! I am glad to see that day you were not 2 people short. :wink:

I hope I am not violating any TF rules here (as my post might be construed as solicitation), but I need a haircut. My usual hair stylist bailed town and I am in need. So, does anybody have any recommendations? I am willing to pay up to 800 baht (that's my limit, not what I usually pay), but I want somebody who knows what (s)he is doing. I am in central BKK - anywhere the BTS is going is fine.

I am a difficult customer - some call me anal (and that's not a sexual reference, for the jokers amongst you). But I want somebody with decent English so I can explain what I want and somebody who takes his/her time.

Any good suggestions / or hairstylists here?

I know what I'm doing (most of the time)

I handle difficult customer well.

I speak "decent" English (and can pretend with French)

I don't live in central BKK, but that isn't a problem. I have passport, willing to travel.

800 Bth, that wasn't many but if you are handsom. I do it for free (it's a low season, you know).

DSC_0115.jpg

and he's f**king willing to pay 800 baht for a haircut like that !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

DSC_0115.jpg

His hairstyle looks a little bit like he was walking behind a turboshaft at full throttle :lol::lol::lol:

My wife speaks English and cuts my hair once a month...we live in Nonthaburi, have a ferocious labrador and needy newborn, but you're always welcome to swing by!

is that what happened to your hair?

jesus i was afraid to ask

Come on! Rob's hair is always well-kept, trimmed and very adorable. Praise the lord!!!

A haircut costs usually 150 Baht in BKK. What would you like to include for the other 650 until you'll reach your limit? :lol:

Just came out of Pargon: haircut 700-1200 baht. Under which rock do you live?

The problem with the local 150 baht hair salons is that my Thai doesn't measure up to explain what I want.... Not that the Paragon girls speak any better English.

I don't live in central BKK, but that isn't a problem. I have passport, willing to travel.

800 Bth, that wasn't many but if you are handsom. I do it for free (it's a low season, you know).

Your left out the most important skill in your sales pitch, though: can you actually cut hair?

Not that I am particularly handsome, but the idea would be to be more handsome after your treatment - so, it's part your responsibility.

My wife speaks English and cuts my hair once a month...we live in Nonthaburi, have a ferocious labrador and needy newborn, but you're always welcome to swing by!

Thanks for the offer, Rob. And congrats on the family addition. Did not know they build the BTS out that far.

Your left out the most important skill in your sales pitch, though: can you actually cut hair?

Not that I am particularly handsome, but the idea would be to be more handsome after your treatment - so, it's part your responsibility.

So, you want to be more handsome for 800 bht, Caption cheap Charlie?

I don't cut hair. Have you ever heard of Veet?

Thanks for the offer, Rob. And congrats on the family addition. Did not know they build the BTS out that far.

They are building the station right outside of my house!

But can you wait 5 years for a haircut?

And digi...Jeab was trying an experimental hair cutting method "cut by fire."

Things are now back to "normal".