2010/2011 Premiership

Stramash

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was happy with that result...

I would have liked a nil/nil draw with Drogba receiving a lifelong ban for bad sportsmanship.

But I'm happy... It's getting to that time of the year when Arsenal go to pieces. What with City, Chelsea and Arsenal misfiring, I can't see where the competition will come from.

we'll see .... no team has really pulled away yet and Man U haven't been exactly sparkling !!!

I was happy with that result...

I would have liked a nil/nil draw with Drogba receiving a lifelong ban for bad sportsmanship.

But I'm happy... It's getting to that time of the year when Arsenal go to pieces. What with City, Chelsea and Arsenal misfiring, I can't see where the competition will come from.

we'll see .... no team has really pulled away yet and Man U haven't been exactly sparkling !!!

Well not exactly sparkling - but two points clear with a game in hand. Unbeaten since the start of the season... Not a bad position to be in considering we're relying on Berbatov for goals!

Seems like only a month ago, Chelsea fans were making space in the trophy cabinet.... oh it was.

This season has been pretty interesting so far... I think it shows just how close the Premiership has become... Teams from the lower echelons are beating top teams on a regular basis (well not Man U, but they're forcing draws). I like the idea of tighter, harder fought games (as long as we win 'em).

Well not exactly sparkling - but two points clear with a game in hand. Unbeaten since the start of the season... Not a bad position to be in considering we're relying on Berbatov for goals!

Seems like only a month ago, Chelsea fans were making space in the trophy cabinet.... oh it was.

This season has been pretty interesting so far... I think it shows just how close the Premiership has become... Teams from the lower echelons are beating top teams on a regular basis (well not Man U, but they're forcing draws). I like the idea of tighter, harder fought games (as long as we win 'em).

Man Utd 10/11

Arsenal 7/2

Chelsea 4/1

Man City 9/1

Tottenham 25/1

Liverpool 150/1

Man U r favourites and rightly so ... but bookies have it as 3 (possibily 4) horse race and they don't usually get it too wrong too often !!!

19 games left in the season and Chelsea have to play the scum twice.....

Still very much open with 4 teams in it.

Man U, Chelsea are looking like quite shallow teams, with the Champions League coming up things could get tough.

I put 20 quid on Man City to win/2nd earlier this year at 16-1 and I still favour them if they could get their heads down.

Could still go 3, maybe 4 ways.

But...I strongly believe that for Arsenal to be serious contenders, we need to bring in a couple of players in January window.

Especially a decent keeper!!! It's probably our weakest squad position at the moment (imho)

Vermaelen back to fitness would be good too, but we could do with a similar strong defender in.

19 games left in the season and Chelsea have to play the scum twice.....

Still very much open with 4 teams in it.

Man U, Chelsea are looking like quite shallow teams, with the Champions League coming up things could get tough.

I put 20 quid on Man City to win/2nd earlier this year at 16-1 and I still favour them if they could get their heads down.

a good price,could get 2nd

Referee Howard Webb awarded MBE for services to Manchester United

World Cup Final referee Howard Webb has been recognised by Queen Elizabeth II in the New Year Honours list for his selfless and dedicated work to Manchester United.

The police sergeant from Rotherham has been known to do everything in his power for the England’s biggest club, including sending opposing players off for unknown reasons, and most famously for giving them an inexplicable penalty when two goals down against Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford two years ago.

“He’s done so much for us,†admitted Sir Bobby Charlton. “That penalty against Spurs turned the game for us and undoubtedly won us the league that year. It’s his almost magical ability to conjure a United goal out of nothing that really sets him apart from other referees.â€

“He’s been our twelfth on so many occasions so he really deserves his MBE.â€

“I couldn’t think of anyone more deserving than our Howard. There’s no doubt that he’ll go down as an Old Trafford legend along with like Sir Matt and Sir Alex.â€

Howard Webb MBE

Sir Alex Ferguson was full of praise for Webb, and said he fully deserved his place on the New Year Honours list.

“He’s one of the best players we’ve had in recent years. Cristiano Ronaldo may have been our top scorer that year but no one was more valuable to the side than Webby. He was worth at least twenty points for us.â€

“A lot of people thought that we’d miss Cristiano when he left for Madrid at the end of that year but people seem to somehow forget that we always had the referee on our side, so it made bugger all difference.â€

Now that Mr Webb has been recognised by the Queen, Manchester United fans have called for their club to do the same, perhaps having him a testimonial in his name.

“I’m not against the idea, myself,†said a fans representative, “but I think we could so much more for such a faithful servant. Some people think that we should rename the Stretford End after Webby but I still don’t think it’s enough.â€

“I think we should erect a statue for him and maybe put it beside the one of Sir Matt, though personally I think it’d be best alongside the one of Bestie, Law and Charlton. That’s where he belongs.â€

Blah blah blah...

Can you find a funny one about Wenger's excuses for failing to win anything?

How about 'Wenger's Whinges' for the title?

2-1 thanks to a stunning Nani strike.

It puts United three points clear of neighbours Man City, who they have a game in hand over, and five ahead of Arsenal having played the same number of matches.

Just after the hour mark, United once more nudged ahead, again thanks to a moment of individual inspiration.

Hernandez crafted a yard to find Nani on the edge of the box and he turned inside on to his left foot, hitting a rocket of a shot that flew past Asmir Begovic's despairing dive.

Stoke tried to fight back for a second time, but it was United who looked more likely to score as the game wore on, Hernandez blazing over after great work from the hugely impressive Rafael down the right.

Ferguson will expect improved displays as the season wears on, but few could argue that United are now in control of their own destiny.

Blah blah blah...

2-1 thanks to a stunning Nani strike.

It puts United three points clear of neighbours Man City, who they have a game in hand over, and five ahead of Arsenal having played the same number of matches.

Just after the hour mark, United once more nudged ahead, again thanks to a moment of individual inspiration.

Hernandez crafted a yard to find Nani on the edge of the box and he turned inside on to his left foot, hitting a rocket of a shot that flew past Asmir Begovic's despairing dive.

Stoke tried to fight back for a second time, but it was United who looked more likely to score as the game wore on, Hernandez blazing over after great work from the hugely impressive Rafael down the right.

Ferguson will expect improved displays as the season wears on, but few could argue that United are now in control of their own destiny.

Obviously not paying attention. I refer you to an earlier post I made..

Arsene : Nearly Hurt In Tesco Tragedy

Arsene Wenger surveyed the Tesco carpark. A siren wailed, getting closer.

"Jesus mate, look what you've done to my trolley. You could have killed me."

As if in a trance, Arsene got out of his car: a small, neat, but rather underpowered French number. He regarded the irate shopper with distaste. The man's purchases lay strewn around the crushed trolley. Ready meals, pre-prepared food. A 'pizza'. Why did he spend his money on these lazy indulgences when he could buy raw ingredients and fashion them into something wonderful? Ah, the simple joys of a handmade 'Boeuf aux Chamakh', a deliciously spicy peasant dish from Morocco, cheap to make, delicate yet exciting. Or a 'Jambe de Cesc au Catalonia', where the tiny legs of a guinea fowl are snapped in half to prevent it migrating to the warmer climate, before poaching it in a jus of its own tears? Cruel? Perhaps. But intoxicating.

"I dunno what you're standing there smirking for, mate," said the oaf. "You've backed out your car without looking and nearly killed me."

"There should be more protection for drivers like me," said Arsene. "The wheel of your shopping trolley or your rather fat body itself could have seriously damaged my car.

Frankly I am lucky to be alive."

"Are you having a laugh mate?"

"Until the laws of the highway code are changed to protect skilful, financially prudent drivers like myself, we will never have the driving experience we deserve."

The man gawped.

"I ask this not for myself, but for future generations," said Arsene. "Won't somebody think of the children?"

Arsene began to cry. He kicked petulantly at a bottle of Frijj strawberry drinking yoghurt. It burst over his foot.

"Erm... alright mate, don't upset yourself like. I was just saying, you should watch where you're reversing."

Arsene gestured angrily at a capark attendant.

"Look at my foot," he shouted.

The attendant, a spotty youth in a too-thin hooded top, shrugged and drew hard on his cigarette.

"Unbelievable," said Arsene. "This is a conspiracy. And it goes right to the heart of the English supermarket industry."

He stormed back to his car. Squelch, squelch, squelch went the Frijj strawberry drinking yoghurt in his shoe. Next year, he would show them. Patience.

Alan Tyers

:lol:

Blah blah blah...

this season has still a long way to go .... i'm still not convinced about the two centre halfs we bought in the summer. we really need Vermelan back, but apparently Djourou had a great game against Chelski (didn't give Drogba kick) and played well against Birmingham also !!!!

it could go right down to the wire .... unless one team goes on a winning streak, but none of them have looked like doing that recently !!

Good luck tonight... Hope you guys don't get beaten.

In fact I hope you get a goaless draw.

i'd prefer us to win ... a scrappy 1-0 would do fine ... Man Citeh look like they r gonna be a force over the next few years .... they seem to have bottomless pockets .... guess it depends on how strictly EUFA's financial fair play rules r enforced !!!

Good luck tonight... Hope you guys don't get beaten.

In fact I hope you get a goaless draw.

i'd prefer us to win ... a scrappy 1-0 would do fine ... Man Citeh look like they r gonna be a force over the next few years .... they seem to have bottomless pockets .... guess it depends on how strictly EUFA's financial fair play rules r enforced !!!

FFS .... 27 million for Edin Dzeko from Wolfsburg !!! thank f**k he can't play tonight !!! :roll: :roll: