Its weird I know, but I go in reverse.

When I graduated from high school, I wasn't ready for college. I wanted to experience and see the world be for I started. So I joined the US Army; what better way to travel (for free) the world. Too bad it was only the middle east and Afghanistan.

I've pretty much been everywhere I wanted to go and now that I am approaching 30 with a mortgage payment that is pretty much done, I think I'm ready for school. This turned out great for me...I don't have the normal pressures a Freshman has and I'm not worried about money (thank you GI Bill), I'm just going to school to continue the education I been putting off.

Now there is a list of school that is approved by VA in Thailand, I just don't know what school to check out or which one would be best for me. Can someone give me a heads up on a good school to choose?

Here is the list:

ASSUMPTION UNIVERSITY

BANGKOK UNIVERSITY

CHULALONGKORN UNIVERSITY

KING MONGKUT'S INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, LADKRABANG

Kasem Bundit University

MAE FAH LUANG UNIVERSITY

MAHIDOL UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE

Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University

PAYAP UNIVERSITY

Prince of Songkla University

RANGSIT UNIVERSITY (INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE)

Ramkhamhaeng University

SRIPATUM UNIVERSITY CHONBURI CAMPUS

SURANAREE UNIVERISTY OF TECHNOLOGY

Suan Dusit Rajabhat University

THAMMASAT UNIVERSITY

There are two school a that seem promising, the first one is Assumption since it totally international and Thammasat, because my dad graduated from there. I just thought it would be cool to go to the same school my pops did.

ASSUMPTION UNIVERSITY

BANGKOK UNIVERSITY

CHULALONGKORN UNIVERSITY

Ramkhamhaeng University

THAMMASAT UNIVERSITY

The above seem the most reputable amongst Thais that I know.

I suppose it depends on the course you want to do...

As EB said it depends on the course. University like TU, CU. King Mongkut you need to pass the exam, we call it "entrance exam" and it was tough. I think those Assumption, BKK U, Ringsit has entrance exam also but for most who can't get in university like TU or CU.

I'm surprise to see Assumption and BKK U were on the top of EB list, btw.

There was a course, I think it calls international business/management something at Mahidol University International College. You will get BBA after 4 years and you can also continue with master and Ph.D there. If you're interested in business & management, maybe you like to check it out.

TU in the old days,( perhaps in your father generation) didn't require "entrance exam". I guess you knew all about it from your dad already.

ASSUMPTION UNIVERSITY

BANGKOK UNIVERSITY

CHULALONGKORN UNIVERSITY

Ramkhamhaeng University

THAMMASAT UNIVERSITY

The above seem the most reputable amongst Thais that I know.

I suppose it depends on the course you want to do...

Thammasat University - If you're looking into studying for a BA in Economics, here is the place for you. Also, this uni is good for students who would like to further their education in Law.

Ramkhamhang University - its faculty of law is believed to be one of the best. However, a lot of work needs to be done as this is an open university, that is, you dont always have to attend class.

BBA - Chula, Thammasat and ABAC

Well, I agree with Dave that it does depend on the course you would like to study :D

Stick with Thammasat or Chula.

The ABAC campus (not Huamak but the other one waaaay out there) is absolutely gorgeous, stunning, amazing ... but I've heard that ABAC is mostly for show.

Thammasat or Chula...Thammasat or Chula....

Keep repeating that.

TU and CU have some nice soccer matches now and then, National Stadium almost packed.

My gf studied bachelor TU and master at CU, she always cheered for TU while I cheer for CU! Too bad that CU normally loose... :(

Stick with Thammasat or Chula.

The ABAC campus (not Huamak but the other one waaaay out there) is absolutely gorgeous, stunning, amazing ... but I've heard that ABAC is mostly for show.

Thammasat or Chula...Thammasat or Chula....

Keep repeating that.

TU and CU have some nice soccer matches now and then, National Stadium almost packed.

My gf studied bachelor TU and master at CU, she always cheered for TU while I cheer for CU! Too bad that CU normally loose... :(

It's a traditional match, which is normally held in January each year, man I miss it!!

By the way, speaking of short skirts, you can spot that at most universities now :winky:

No one mentioned ChiangMai University? It's one to the top universities in TH. Nice location, full facility. You have everything in the campus from a theater to a softball field and it ranks 79 among top 200 Universities in Asia. (from Asian University Ranking 2010 – Top 200)

"In the 2010’s ranking, 7 Thai universities represent in the top 200 :

Mahidol University - 28

Chulalongkorn University (44),

ChiangMai University (79)

Thammasat University (91)

Prince of Songkla University (101)

Kon Kaen University (122), and

Kasetsart University (126)."