iPhone Apps

funky_house

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know these things....?

150px-Wikipedia_mobile_en.svg.png

They are known as QR Codes or Quick Response Codes.

You can 'read' them using a camera phone such as an iPhone etc.

However, I need to download an application first. The reviews I read are a bit hit and miss...

Anyone have any recommendations?

They seem to be everywhere now. Seen them in the newspapers, offering special deals and discounts.

Anyone tried an App called Viber?

http://www.viber.com/

Supposed to give free calls fron iPhone to iPhone, anywhere in the world.

Looks like Skype but limited to just iphones.

Rob...Yes, but if you read their blurb, its says their calls are clearer than a normal call.

Viber is an iPhone application that lets you make free phone calls to other iPhone users that have Viber installed. When you use Viber, your phone calls to any other Viber user are free, and the sound quality is much better than a regular call. You can call any Viber user, anywhere in the world, for free. All Viber features are 100% FREE and do not require any additional “in application†purchase.

I have downloaded it now, and need to try it out.

However, I need to download an application first. The reviews I read are a bit hit and miss...

They seem to be everywhere now. Seen them in the newspapers, offering special deals and discounts.

RedLaser

AT&Tscanner

RedLaser

AT&Tscanner

Red Laser is great. I was in a book shop the other day, and scanned the barcode on a book. It came back with about twenty places to buy the same book, with all the different prices.

• 2 weeks later...
Slightly off topic:

Does anyone know if AIS will swap my normal SIM for a microSIM for my iPhone 4 at the airport kiosk?

If so, will I be able to keep my present PAYG 1-2-call number?

I would highly doubt that they could do it at the airport kiosk. I could be entirely wrong on that but they don't seem to be set up to handle any sort of major customer support there. You would probably need to go to Telewiz or one of those AIS Serenade lounges.

I would highly doubt that they could do it at the airport kiosk. I could be entirely wrong on that but they don't seem to be set up to handle any sort of major customer support there. You would probably need to go to Telewiz or one of those AIS Serenade lounges.

That's what I was afraid of. Damn! Damn! and double Damn!!

Actually, your best bet if you don't have a need for that SIM except for use in your iPhone is to just have them chop the card to the microSIM size. The microSIM that I use in my iPad is a normal sized SIM card that the folks over at MBK chop down to microSIM size. Many shops have a cutter that looks like a stapler.

You might be able to get that done at home before you even get on the flight so your good to go as soon as you touch down.