Movie Addicts Unite

birdtongchai

Well the event is gonna be held at my place since a pub or whatever other public location is impossible...

It's gonna be a movie trading/sharing event with information on HTPC and home cinema setups. My server contains over 10.000 tv shows and movies spread over 10Tbytes of data....

I don't think (read: i'm sure) that molly or any other place will let me setup a new sound system with screen and start hooking up servers, nor do I want to :-)

Like the original event, this is going to be hosted in Samut Prakarn, next to Muang Boran (www.ancientsiam.com). If there is any interrest we can all check that out afterwards or before...

I just need a date :-)

i live next to a 7/11... i dare you to empty it ;)

I think you're daring the wrong person there....

I'm just up for swapping a few movies off my passport hard drive in return for a few more.... nothing fancy or big.

Laptop... with two hard drives in kinda thing...?!?!

Unless your place is in Central Bangkok and as Ciaran said... is full of beer!

i live next to a 7/11... i dare you to empty it ;)

I think you're daring the wrong person there....

I'm just up for swapping a few movies off my passport hard drive in return for a few more.... nothing fancy or big.

Laptop... with two hard drives in kinda thing...?!?!

Unless your place is in Central Bangkok and as Ciaran said... is full of beer!

I think Birdtongchai just really wants to show off his equipment, it seems quite the setup.

Ciaran, give us a shout if you want some movies, I dont have as a many as beej, but I have a few on my passport HDD and some TV shows.

I'll be up for a show and swap, but to go to Sumat Prakan seems a bit of a mission for me.

I picked up another 1Tb drive this am, already fully loaded with about 100 Hi deg films in .mkv format. I also gave him a big list of what I wanted, and he is gonna copy what he has tonight. Saw a good media player whilst in Panther. Called a PlayOn DVR HD.6900THB. Will hold up to 2x2Tb drives. Includes a recorder as well. Panthip that should say.

I picked up another 1Tb drive this am, already fully loaded with about 100 Hi deg films in .mkv format. I also gave him a big list of what I wanted, and he is gonna copy what he has tonight. Saw a good media player whilst in Panther. Called a PlayOn DVR HD.6900THB. Will hold up to 2x2Tb drives. Includes a recorder as well. Panthip that should say.

I got stuck in Panthip yesterday during the long rain storm, spent far too much $$$ for my own good.... I should never take and credit cards with me when I go there.

Would like to grab some of those MKV vids from you, I pondered getting a few of them myself, but ran out of $$$

I got stuck in Panthip yesterday during the long rain storm, spent far too much $$$ for my own good.... I should never take and credit cards with me when I go there.

Would like to grab some of those MKV vids from you, I pondered getting a few of them myself, but ran out of $$$

Well I'm leaving Monday afternoon, so you have tonight and tomorrow, if you want to take it. Also have 500gb of torrent downloads. Films andUK tv series on a little WD HD. One thing, it is a 1Tb internal, so you will need a docking port, or a space in a PC, or maybe you can remove the drive from your Seagate.

Spotted some nice media Players there today.

Well I'm leaving Monday afternoon, so you have tonight and tomorrow, if you want to take it. Also have 500gb of torrent downloads. Films andUK tv series on a little WD HD. One thing, it is a 1Tb internal, so you will need a docking port, or a space in a PC, or maybe you can remove the drive from your Seagate.

Nest time maybe, busy tonight, and got football tomorrow.... gutted.

Well I'll do you a deal.

I won't be needing it until I return in Feb. I will leave it with you to copy from, and also leave you my 1Tb Western Digital for you to fill up for me in return.

AND if you can collect it tomorrow sometime, or Monday morning, (BEFORE 12), I should have a second 1Tb filled up with more stuff that I have requested. I have to collect that one from Panthip myself tomorrow morning.

You won't get a better offer than that.

Well I'll do you a deal.

I won't be needing it until I return in Feb (its for my setup in my place in Samui). I will leave it with you to copy from, and also leave you my 1Tb Western Digital for you to fill up for me in return.

AND if you can collect it tomorrow sometime, or Monday morning, (BEFORE 12), I should have a second 1Tb filled up with more stuff that I have requested. I have to collect that one from Panthip myself tomorrow morning.

You won't get a better offer than that.

Proper fancy offer that one... I live pretty close to Panthip on Wireless road.. want to hook up at Panthip or at my place?

No, i not just wanna show off my setup... There's not much to show... I don't even have a TV so don't mistake me for a person enjoying **** like that...

All i have is a computer, (ok, the pc is bigger than average), but what i want to "show off" is the possibilities out there in setting up a descent HTPC and the available software which is out there...

All the cheap players people buy are nice, but it's really impossible to compare...

A menu with a disktree layout where you can browse folders is nothing compared to a "real" htpc...

No, i not just wanna show off my setup... There's not much to show... I don't even have a TV so don't mistake me for a person enjoying sh*t like that...

All i have is a computer, (ok, the pc is bigger than average), but what i want to "show off" is the possibilities out there in setting up a descent HTPC and the available software which is out there...

All the cheap players people buy are nice, but it's really impossible to compare...

A menu with a disktree layout where you can browse folders is nothing compared to a "real" htpc...

You want to get me there for sex don't you!

No, i not just wanna show off my setup... There's not much to show... I don't even have a TV so don't mistake me for a person enjoying sh*t like that...

Sounds a bit like Ciaran actually...

Beej when he's drunk and online is almost as friendly as Beej in real life!

Sounds a bit like Ciaran actually...

Beej when he's drunk and online is almost as friendly as Beej in real life!

....... by the sounds of it you want sex too.... no homo.

I wouldn't mind seeing the setup, but no time this trip.

I actually have XBMC hacked onto my Apple TV, but have never got round to setting it up. That Dharma interface does looik good though.