Koh Samui & Phuket - Best Restaurants?????

Jason25

Question

Hi All,

I need some help with preparing a list of restaurants for some good friends of mine that will be traveling to Phuket and Koh Samui for their honeymoon. Please advise on the best romantic restaurants in both Phuket and Koh Samui , not just on price but on location and actual great food. Thank you.

9 answers to this question

Hi All,

I need some help with preparing a list of restaurants for some good friends of mine that will be traveling to Phuket and Koh Samui for their honeymoon. Please advise on the best romantic restaurants in both Phuket and Koh Samui , not just on price but on location and actual great food. Thank you.

Phuket has a few good places...

Aqua just outside Patong towards Kamala for great Italian food

Joes Downstairs for fabulous sunsets and innovative food.... (same road as above)

Capanina in Kata Noi for delicious pizzas baked in a stone oven...

The first two are expensive, the last one is cheap.

Guest Lollipop
Hi All,

Has not been there since i was 15. Have no i dea. But i 'm wishing you do a great job for your friends. Enjoy Holiday. :P

If you want to splash out try the White Box sth Patong try the Tom Yum martini, foods excellent, bit pricy but worth it.

NORTH of Patong... but Joe's Downstairs kicks its a*s.

Adjacent to Joe's is Baan Rim Pa, possibly the best Thai restaurant in Phuket. It is expensive, and it is excellent. Same owner, he passed away last year RIP.

I would not recommend White Box to anyone (for food). Totally overpriced mediocre Thai food, but an excellent bar when it is not empty, and sometimes full of the hottest non-white box on the island.

Travel another 1km along the same road (Kalim, Kamala rd), and there is Pan Yaa on the left. Excellent Thai food, serving some Southern style shrimp dishes, and some unique to Phuket. Really lovely setting.

Staying in same direction (going North) as far as Surin, there is an excellent restaurant called Silk. Google it for location, it is the most elegant dining room I have been in, in Thailand. I only ever ate Thai food here.

Back in Patong, my favourite restaurant of the lot is the 9th floor. European menu, best steaks I have eaten in Thailand. There is an extensive wine list, the service is 100%, and the chicks are HOT, all elegantly dressed in black evening wear. It can be expensive, I did 10000 B there 3 weeks ago with a hungry Dutch friend. That was 3 courses, bottle red, bottle desert wine, cognacs, coffees, the full monty.

Plenty of other international standard cuisine available in Phuket - google Mom Tri's, and Lemongrass in Phuket town. Also, for something different, google Tamachat in Phuket town, best soft shell crab on the island. The restaurant is in a tree!!

Bon appetite!

Hi All,

There's a bar in Soi Seadragon, that does a free BBQ on Wednesday nights :lol: