Favorite Movie Quotes

SweetieBabie

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...i want to talk about how bad you make this room look. I never knew what a dump it was until you came in here."

- Crazy Heart

(wish someone say this to me :oops: )

Ohh i just downloaded that, any good?

Yes

Ok thanks, gimme a sec to take all that in...

"I picked Danica up in a bar, and spent the next five years playing hide-and-go-suck as her little vampire cabana boy. Eventually, Abigail found me, Sommerfield managed to treat me with a cure, and now I kill them. And that's basically turning a frown upside down."

• 2 weeks later...

Well, basically, there was this little dot, right? And the dot went bang and the bang expanded. Energy formed into matter, matter cooled, matter lived, the amoeba to fish, to fish to fowl, to fowl to frog, to frog to mammal, the mammal to monkey, to monkey to man, amo amas amat, quid pro quo, memento mori, ad infinitum, sprinkle on a little bit of grated cheese and leave under the grill till Doomsday.

(David Thewlis in 'Naked')

"See... man ain't like a dog. And when I say "man," I'm talking about man as in mankind, not man as in men. Because men, well, we a lot like a dog. You know, we like to piss on things. Sniff a ***** when we can. Even get a little pink hard-on the way they do. We territorial as ****, you know, we gonna protect our own. But man, he know about death. Got him a sense of history. Got religion. See... a dog, man, a dog don't know **** about no birthdays or Christmas or Easter bunny, none of that ****. And one day God gonna come calling, so you know, they going through life carefree. But people like you and me, man, we always guessing. Wondering, "What if?" You know what I mean? So when you say to me, "Hey, I don't think we should be doing this," I gotta say, baby, I don't think we should be doing this neither, but we ain't gonna get no move on in this world, lying around in the sun, licking our ass all day. I mean, we man. I mean, you a woman and all, but we man. So with this said, you tell me what it is you wanna do with your life. "

--DJay, Hustle and Flow.

Was I bored? No, I wasn't fuckin' bored. I'm never bored. That's the trouble with everybody - you're all so bored. You've had nature explained to you and you're bored with it, you've had the living body explained to you and you're bored with it, you've had the universe explained to you and you're bored with it, so now you want cheap thrills and, like, plenty of them, and it doesn't matter how tawdry or vacuous they are as long as it's new as long as it's new as long as it flashes and fuckin' bleeps in forty fuckin' different colors. So whatever else you can say about me, I'm not fuckin' bored.

(not Ciaran but David Thewlis again in 'Naked')

Just rewatched it last night - had forgotten how brilliant this film is.

:D

was it not a quote?

.....not the whole script! :P

quote on...

oh ok...

Of course I believe in God. You see, the thing is Brian, that God is a hateful God. Must be. Because if God is good, then why is there evil in the world? Why is there pain and hate and greed and war? It doesn’t make sense. But if God is a nasty bastard then you can say: why is there good in the world? Why is there love and hope and joy? Well let’s face it, good exists in order to be f**ked up by evil. The very existence of good enables evil to flourish, therefore, God is bad. And it doesn’t matter how many past or future existences you have because they’re all going to be riddled with grief and anguish and sickness and death. You see Brian, God doesn’t love you. God despises you. So there’s no hope. Mankind is just a component of the device by which the Devil creates itself. You with me? You see what I’m saying basically is, you can’t make an omelet without cracking a few eggs, and humanity is just a cracked egg. And the omelet ....stinks.

was it not a quote?

.....not the whole script! :P

quote on...

oh ok...

Of course I believe in God. You see, the thing is Brian, that God is a hateful God. Must be. Because if God is good, then why is there evil in the world? Why is there pain and hate and greed and war? It doesn’t make sense. But if God is a nasty bastard then you can say: why is there good in the world? Why is there love and hope and joy? Well let’s face it, good exists in order to be f*cked up by evil. The very existence of good enables evil to flourish, therefore, God is bad. And it doesn’t matter how many past or future existences you have because they’re all going to be riddled with grief and anguish and sickness and death. You see Brian, God doesn’t love you. God despises you. So there’s no hope. Mankind is just a component of the device by which the Devil creates itself. You with me? You see what I’m saying basically is, you can’t make an omelet without cracking a few eggs, and humanity is just a cracked egg. And the omelet ....stinks.

"Nee, nee, nee!"

-the Knights who say Nee-

• 2 weeks later...