Sign in to follow this  
SweetieBabie

iPad Apps

Just bought the iPad 65gb with 3G. Loving it so far. Sending this from my ipad by the way.

Just got the same from the hubby. I still have problems with email setting. I can only receive emails but can't send it. Other than that I like my iPad. many applications don't work as I hope. I can't buy any e.book from amazon because they don't sell to DK customers and most of E.books from itune are boring.

Edited by pandorea
Sending this from my sexy iPad

Just got the same from the hubby. I still have problems with email setting. I can only receive emails but can't send it. Other than that I like my iPad. many applications don't work as I hope. I can't buy any e.book from amazon because they don't sell to DK customers and most of E.books from itune are boring.

What would be the reason for not selling to DK customers?

What would be the reason for not selling to DK customers?

I want to know that also. Amazon.com told mé to buy from Amazon.co.uk but they don't sell to DK either. i guess DK want ppl to buy e.book from DK websites.

I want to know that also. Amazon.com told mé to buy from Amazon.co.uk but they don't sell to DK either. i guess DK want ppl to buy e.book from DK websites.

I wanted to buy a book about the war in Afghanistan and the Kindle store said it could not be sold to people in Thailand. Why?!?

I wanted to buy a book about the war in Afghanistan and the Kindle store said it could not be sold to people in Thailand. Why?!?

i'm guessing either copyright (counterfeit is rife here) or different regions have separate dealers/agents which restricts who can sell what and where !!!

Skype for iPad was released last night, then removed shortly afterwards. They said it was released prematurely.

Still. It can't be long before it is out there.

It was the first app. I was looking for. Many app. are useless for me. I don't care for game. I don't have need to read apology by plato.

It was the first app. I was looking for. Many app. are useless for me. I don't care for game. I don't have need to read apology by plato.

There must be some that are useful to you.

What about Bangkok Essential? ThaiFlight? Red Laser? AroundMe? Bangkok?

Some of the photography ones, inc Photoshop, and ProHDR

There are dictionaries, sat navs, MSN Messenger, currency converters etc.

i'm guessing either copyright (counterfeit is rife here) or different regions have separate dealers/agents which restricts who can sell what and where !!!

Not sure. It was a NY Times Best Seller and published by a large publishing house from whom I could purchase other books they've produced. It was that particular title.

I had to get an iPad for my new project and I still don't get the point of this thing. Its like a big clunky iPhone. MacBook air is just as portable, and even has a USB vagina.

If you could get books on the air, life would be perfect.

There must be some that are useful to you.

What about Bangkok Essential? ThaiFlight? Red Laser? AroundMe? Bangkok?

Some of the photography ones, inc Photoshop, and ProHDR

There are dictionaries, sat navs, MSN Messenger, currency converters etc.

I don't plan to dó any photo retuch ón my iPad, i have computers for it. I don't chat so MSN messages is also useless for me. But I like my iPad because I can easily change from Danish to English to Thai keyboard by just a touch. I also love iPad notes and calendar and that iPod. Oh yes I need dictionary too.

Edited by pandorea

I had to get an iPad for my new project and I still don't get the point of this thing. Its like a big clunky iPhone. MacBook air is just as portable, and even has a USB vagina.

If you could get books on the air, life would be perfect.

Do you mean something like an iBook store? :-)

Pandorea. Skype for iPad is now available.

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/08/hands-on-skype-ipad/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wired%2Findex+%28Wired%3A+Index+3+%28Top+Stories+2%29%29

Yep, but you can't read the books on the macbook air...smart move by apple as I can't see any other reason why people would buy Ipads.

I like that i can put together a quick presentation with the Moodboard app, among other things.

It's still a good E-reader, of course, reading Ebooks on iPhone is rather uneasy.

Its a nice toy.

Yep, but you can't read the books on the macbook air...smart move by apple as I can't see any other reason why people would buy Ipads.

Your options for reading a book on any Mac OSX computer are:

Choice #1: Download Kindle for OSX. You can buy books on Amazon and they'll sync to your desktop from Amazon. I love this option because you can sync to multiple devices so you can have the same book on your work computer (PC or Mac), your home computer (PC or Mac), your iPad, and even your iPhone (though it can be tough reading on an iPhone) and where you left off, any book marks you want to make, etc are sync'd between all of your devices.

Choice #2: Download books from some 100% legal bitorrent site in PDF format and import the PDF's into iTunes on your Mac. You will then have the PDF which you can view on any computer as well as in your iBook library on your iPhone and iPad.

Choice #3: Continue to buy your books in iBook format - despite the fact that Kindle has a much, much larger selection as well as cross platform reader apps, and hunt down your iBook files, throw a little Calibre magic on them and turn them into PDF's which you can then import into iTunes and read on your laptop. Oh, and remember to bitch and moan on TF about not being able to read books on your Macbook Air when finished. :-)