$$$MONEY$$$

GoodKarma

$$$MONEY$$$

3423710513_235b2802b9.jpg

This tread is the 'Money Thread' it's about anything and everthing to do with $$$Money$$$

If you have been reading the financial news lately, you may have read about the terms being thrown around'Quantitative Easing' or 'Currency Wars'. So if any TFer's want to share experiences about legal ways to make money in Thailand whether it be Condos, Websites, The Internet etc...

~OR~

Any articles or topics about any of the World's Economies... The Thai Economy, US Economy, German Economy, UK Economy, China, India or Russia Economies etc... I will update the thread and keep the topic up to speed. If Any TFer's want to help me out feel free to chime in @ anytime and share your related news stories or what you want to discuss about a particular financial news headline.

I'll probably be buying an apartment or two along the new purple line. There are some major intersections with Big C's and 7/11's, which will have stations opening up in about 4-5 years. They are relatively close to a couple universities and office buildings as well. Supalai is buying up plots all around this line and putting up condos.

At the moment, the rate of return is reasonable, and this is without the skytrain running through there. I see the land being much more developed in 5 years time. They are already knocking down old buildings left and right. That combined with the skytrain construction is a headache for me at the moment, but I'll be very happy when all is completed.

I'll probably be buying an apartment or two along the new purple line. There are some major intersections with Big C's and 7/11's, which will have stations opening up in about 4-5 years. They are relatively close to a couple universities and office buildings as well. Supalai is buying up plots all around this line and putting up condos.

At the moment, the rate of return is reasonable, and this is without the skytrain running through there. I see the land being much more developed in 5 years time. They are already knocking down old buildings left and right. That combined with the skytrain construction is a headache for me at the moment, but I'll be very happy when all is completed.

Where is this purple line going to? Is it sure it's going to be constructed?

I just bought a new condo in the middle or Ramkhamhaeng, I wonder if I should hold on to it until they get a subway line, might take 15 years or so...

Bernanke's speech boils down to... - during hard economic times, means every country for itself.

Hard Economic Times Mean Every Country for Itself

The Fed this month launched an eight-month, $600 billion program of buying U.S. government bonds in a bid to drive down long-term interest rates and make it easier for banks to lend to businesses.

That has angered many U.S. partner/rivals, including Brazil and Germany. That's because the program has driven down the value of the U.S. dollar against their currencies, giving American goods a competitive edge in the global marketplace. And the lowering of U.S. interest rates prompts investors to move large amounts of money to other countries where they can get higher returns. This makes emerging economies worry about asset bubbles -- like the pre-crisis real estate bubble in the U.S. -- that can burst and wreak a lot of damage.

with various world currencies being artificially sequestered to keep exports flourishing.. including the thai baht.Thai baht rise to 2 year high on growth What message is the world's biggest economy giving???

~ TF'ers Discuss ~

Bernanke's speech boils down to... - during hard economic times, means every country for itself.

Hard Economic Times Mean Every Country for Itself

The Fed this month launched an eight-month, $600 billion program of buying U.S. government bonds in a bid to drive down long-term interest rates and make it easier for banks to lend to businesses.

That has angered many U.S. partner/rivals, including Brazil and Germany. That's because the program has driven down the value of the U.S. dollar against their currencies, giving American goods a competitive edge in the global marketplace. And the lowering of U.S. interest rates prompts investors to move large amounts of money to other countries where they can get higher returns. This makes emerging economies worry about asset bubbles -- like the pre-crisis real estate bubble in the U.S. -- that can burst and wreak a lot of damage.

with various world currencies being artificially sequestered to keep exports flourishing.. including the thai baht.Thai baht rise to 2 year high on growth What message is the world's biggest economy giving???

~ TF'ers Discuss ~

We're giving the message to China that if they don't let their currency float on the open market, and quit keeping it pegged at a low exchange rate, we will make the bonds they bought from us worthless.

That is the reason for putting $600billion more on the market. Germany can take care of itself, as it has through the whole downturn of the Euro, and Brazil is only trying to protect their subsidised exports. Neither one has the ability to get hurt like they are playing up, but China, that's a different story.

China can get hurt pretty good from this new flooding of US dollars, and they have been vocal about it, but until they actually start floating the undervalued Yuan, the US will do all we can to convince them that they better relax their monitary policies.

That is the reason for this new threat of flooding the world with $600billion more US dollars, to punish China. It hasn't actually been done yet, but if China doesn't respond by better valuing the Yuan, then the US will print $600billion more dollars.

In a business standpoint, when the interest rate is as low as it is, there is not much real cost to issuing more debt internally, but to China it can have marked reprocusions. The dollars, and US bonds, they are hoarding go down in value about 10%.

All this because they will not let their currency float on the open market, and they keep it artificially pegged lower than it is really worth. As long as they do this, every country in the world is affected in some negative way.

Thailand tried to keep their currency pegged at a low rate a few years ago, but it was traded offshore to reflect it's true value because Thailand doesn't have that much money compared to a country like China, so Thailand didn't have the power to control the trade in the Thai Baht. China on the other hand has enough cash that individuals can't buy enough to have any effect on influencing it's value as they did with the Thai Baht.

• 3 weeks later...

A significant production problem with new high-tech $100 bills has caused government printers to shut down production of the new notes and to quarantine more than one billion of the bills in huge vaults in Fort Worth, Texas and Washington, DC, reports CNBC.

The Fed Has a $110 Billion Problem with New Benjamins

(100 billion useless notes....WOW!!)

North Korea fired artillery into its west coast waters on Wednesday briefly pushing down nervous South Korean financial markets but they quickly recovered after media reports said it was only a military drill.

It came as the top U.S. military official visited Seoul where he pressed China to act like a world leader and tame its ally North Korea, warning that the "bad guy" from Pyongyang will continue to try to destabilize the region.

North Korea Fires Artillery in Its Waters, Rattles Markets

(this region scares me... this little stunt had such a great effect on not only Seoul but Asia stocks on a whole unbelievable)