A Thai ‘bride’s’ fight for dignity

admin

Hrr...i think the story is not new. There have happened all the time to the most of farang-thai couples that being treated like second class people in the husband's communities. But the other farang's wives were not spoke aloud just accepted their misforturnate. That is the reason why farangs are more into the bar girls than educated ones

hmmmmm ..... i was under the impression (maybe mistakenly) that one of the reasons SOME thai girls preferred farang guys was because they treated them better than thai guys !!!

sex tourists may be more into bar girls .... but the farangs living here tend not to need to pay for female company !!!

- Yes, that was your huge mistakenly to believe that thai girls who are after farang guys were thinking farang will treat them better than thai. From myself learned there are different reasons for 'thai love farang' girls, some think its cool to hang out with farang, some think its good to stay in nice condo instead of 2,500b apartment, some (in the villages) thinks its short cut for her family's proverty fixing. etc.. etc.. ( and some got no chance to meet / seek thai men because of work )

u did obviously notice the use of the word SOME in my original post !!!

and how would a thai girl ever not have the chance to meet a thai guy because of work that makes no sense whatsoever ... i mean even the bar girls tend to have thai bfs/gigs .... so what thai girls can't meet thai guys because of work ?? :roll: :roll:

But you didnt notice that I put it in the bracket. It must meant something different from those i pointed as the examples... umm

she got you there, CiaranM

well she's definitely got me baffled ... i can't think of what work could possibly stop thai girls having the possibility of interacting with thai guys !! whether it's in brackets or not !!! :roll: :roll:

Ja ja.. mai pen rai ja..

see? she gotcha again. damn. when they are good, they are very good

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hrr...i think the story is not new. There have happened all the time to the most of farang-thai couples that being treated like second class people in the husband's communities. But the other farang's wives were not spoke aloud just accepted their misforturnate. That is the reason why farangs are more into the bar girls than educated ones

hmmmmm ..... i was under the impression (maybe mistakenly) that one of the reasons SOME thai girls preferred farang guys was because they treated them better than thai guys !!!

sex tourists may be more into bar girls .... but the farangs living here tend not to need to pay for female company !!!

- Yes, that was your huge mistakenly to believe that thai girls who are after farang guys were thinking farang will treat them better than thai. From myself learned there are different reasons for 'thai love farang' girls, some think its cool to hang out with farang, some think its good to stay in nice condo instead of 2,500b apartment, some (in the villages) thinks its short cut for her family's proverty fixing. etc.. etc.. ( and some got no chance to meet / seek thai men because of work )

u did obviously notice the use of the word SOME in my original post !!!

and how would a thai girl ever not have the chance to meet a thai guy because of work that makes no sense whatsoever ... i mean even the bar girls tend to have thai bfs/gigs .... so what thai girls can't meet thai guys because of work ?? :roll: :roll:

But you didnt notice that I put it in the bracket. It must meant something different from those i pointed as the examples... umm

she got you there, CiaranM

well she's definitely got me baffled ... i can't think of what work could possibly stop thai girls having the possibility of interacting with thai guys !! whether it's in brackets or not !!! :roll: :roll:

Ja ja.. mai pen rai ja..

see? she gotcha again. damn. when they are good, they are very good

and when they are bed.................. end this one as you like.

also, I can't think of what 'work' could stop thai birds meeting thai blokes :)

I'm sure many people have seen this story in both the English and Thai language press but Andrew Drummond does a bit of an in-depth on the story of the woman who was detained overnight by UK immigration and put back on a plane to Thailand after her husband told immigration that the marriage was over (thus nullifying her visa).

She's been screaming very loudly in the press and supposedly told some press she was going to sue the UK government for something like 2 million pounds because of the indignity she suffered by being denied entry into the country and being forced to stay in a holding cell overnight.

It appears that she has a book out now about her experience and is getting funding to go around and warn other Thai women that farang men aren't all what they seem to be.

But if you read Andrew's story:

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2010/12/11/culture-shock-a-thai-brides-fight-for-dignity/

her story has more holes than a golf course.

She chalks the whole thing up to cultural differences but the reason he split with her was he suspected her of being unfaithful. A suspicion that doesn't seem unwarranted when she later admits that she slept over some guy's house (with his gf there, according to her). Supposedly, her husband simply doesn't understand that this is perfectly normal in Thai culture . . . wait, no it's not! It's not normal in any culture.

Or she says in another part that with their relationship already crumbling they went away on a holiday together and he asked her to come sit with him on the beach while he got some sun. She refused and after that trip he went one way and she took off back to Thailand. But she basically tries to say that this was all about how Thai people don't like to sit in the sun and how farang don't understand Thai culture.

Does that sound even remotely realistic? Has there been a single Thai/farang relationship that has become derailed over a Thai's aversion to the sun? Or is it more likely that there was something else going on she didn't mention?

The whole story just has so many areas that don't make any sense.

Thoughts?

Damn! She beat me to it. I was planing to write that How-to book, must find new materials. :eh:

I laugh my butts off for ---> "She was going to sue the UK government for something like 2 million pounds because of the indignity she suffered by being denied entry into the country and being forced to stay in a holding cell overnight. " I want to see the outcome. I'm gonna follow her case.

I might have to pretend to be a Vietnam wife for awhile 'cus seems like someone has been doing a good job on painting bad images for Thai women.

C'est la vie

I'm sure many people have seen this story in both the English and Thai language press but Andrew Drummond does a bit of an in-depth on the story of the woman who was detained overnight by UK immigration and put back on a plane to Thailand after her husband told immigration that the marriage was over (thus nullifying her visa).

She's been screaming very loudly in the press and supposedly told some press she was going to sue the UK government for something like 2 million pounds because of the indignity she suffered by being denied entry into the country and being forced to stay in a holding cell overnight.

It appears that she has a book out now about her experience and is getting funding to go around and warn other Thai women that farang men aren't all what they seem to be.

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2010/12/11/culture-shock-a-thai-brides-fight-for-dignity/

She chalks the whole thing up to cultural differences but the reason he split with her was he suspected her of being unfaithful. A suspicion that doesn't seem unwarranted when she later admits that she slept over some guy's house (with his gf there, according to her). Supposedly, her husband simply doesn't understand that this is perfectly normal in Thai culture . . . wait, no it's not! It's not normal in any culture.

Or she says in another part that with their relationship already crumbling they went away on a holiday together and he asked her to come sit with him on the beach while he got some sun. She refused and after that trip he went one way and she took off back to Thailand. But she basically tries to say that this was all about how Thai people don't like to sit in the sun and how farang don't understand Thai culture.

Does that sound even remotely realistic? Has there been a single Thai/farang relationship that has become derailed over a Thai's aversion to the sun? Or is it more likely that there was something else going on she didn't mention?

Thoughts?

Damn! She beat me to it. I was planing to write that How-to book, must find new materials. :eh:

I laugh my butts off for ---> "She was going to sue the UK government for something like 2 million pounds because of the indignity she suffered by being denied entry into the country and being forced to stay in a holding cell overnight. " I want to see the outcome. I'm gonna follow her case.

I might have to pretend to be a Vietnam wife for awhile 'cus seems like someone has been doing a good job on painting bad images for Thai women.

C'est la vie

You may wish to pluralise the 'someone' part of your post.

Thoughts?

C'est la vie

I think the case has already been denied by an appeals court. I don't think it's her intention to actually sue. And I'm not aware of any actual compensation case being filed.

And Drummond says this in the comments:

These figures of 100 million baht etc are plucked from the air and she knows it, possibly because, she admits, Thais are more prone to look at stories with cash in them. That’s why I did not mention them.

As for her cases I do not think they will go far. The fact that she had spent so long out of the country, and had returned without visiting her husband, would be enough to cancel a visa if the husband said the marriage was over.

Other problems with the story crop up when you compare various versions of the story. In the Bangkok Post they stated:

They also terminated her residence permit without explanation.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/208583/thai-woman-mulls-suing-uk-for-b100m

However, in her interview with Andrew Drummond she admits that not only had they told her that it was terminated because her husband had reported the marriage to be over but that she claims they told her that they had verified that she had had an affair with the Maltese guy (which seems highly unlikely that they would have said that or even gone to the trouble to investigate it). Either way, either she lied to Drummond or she was lying in this version of events.

I mean, you can't sit there and say that you were given no reason why your visa was revoked and then say that they lied to you and said they had investigated her husband's claims of an affair and the guy she was supposedly having an affair with had admitted it was true. She even makes a point of telling Drummond that she called the guy and he denied he ever admitted to the affair to immigration officials. One or the other story is a lie. Or in this case, IMHO, they're both lies.

Ms Kanokrat said she was then taken for an interview during which her requests for an interpreter and for contact with the Thai embassy were rejected.

She reports this as if this is unusual. If I get stopped by immigration because my visa is expired or has been revoked what are the chances I'll be given access to the US embassy during a routine immigration interview? 0% in any country in the world. The US embassy has no say in whether or not I can stay in Thailand or anywhere else. Likewise, the Thai embassy had no standing to do anything on her behalf while she was in a foreign country.

"Most of the questions they asked me involved my relationship with my husband," she said.

Uh, that would be because the visa she was trying to enter the country on was only valid if there was a legitimate marriage. Since her husband had already reported that the marriage was over that would be the main topic of their questioning. The fact that she hadn't been in Scotland for over a year except for a two week holiday in Scotland without bothering to see her husband seem like pretty relevant facts when trying to determine whether or not a marriage has ended. It's immigrations job to root out bogus visas.

What did she think they were going to ask her about, the weather in Thailand?

i heard it's just a better **** without all the whinging and bitterness.

i heard it's just a better f*ck without all the whinging and bitterness.

What you heard was not true, since some farangs (who seeking thai wife) even having difficult to get err...erection, let alone...f

What you heard was not true, since some farangs (who seeking thai wife) even having difficult to get err...erection, let alone...f

I guess I'm not following you.

Your source of information on farang men and their erection habits comes from where? Personal experience? Urban legends? Gossip amongst friends? Wishful thinking? An extensive survey of bar girls?

I'm curious because you seem to have more information about farangs than farangs have information about farangs. You know our erection habits, our preferences in Thai women . . . what else do you know about us? :-)

Your source of information on farang men and their erection habits comes from where? Personal experience? Urban legends? Gossip amongst friends? Wishful thinking? An extensive survey of bar girls?

I'm curious because you seem to have more information about farangs than farangs have information about farangs. You know our erection habits, our preferences in Thai women . . . what else do you know about us? :-)

she knows thailand (and thai girls) would be much better off if we all f**ked off back to farang land !!! :D:D

I would love to see a Thai journalist do a real investigation into this woman.

Everything sounds fishy - her story sounds just like so many; "I'm a good girl, I'm connected, I did everything right, my husband did everything wrong... now give me some money."

I hate to make assumptions, but I bet only about 10% of her story turns out to be true.

she knows thailand (and thai girls) would be much better off if we all f**ked off back to farang land !!! :D:D

**giggling**

The woman in question was obviously lacking in mental capacity if she wanted to return to live in Scotland full time!!!

I mean, minus 15 2 weeks ago???? :lol:

Even crazier if she wanted to marry a Scot FT! :wink:

she'd probably heard how the scots were renown for "splashing the cash" !!! :D:D

That would be right up there with WMD's in Iraq in terms of bad Intel.

The woman in question was obviously lacking in mental capacity if she wanted to return to live in Scotland full time!!!

she'd probably heard how the scots were renown for "splashing the cash" !!! :D:D

:D:D:D:D:D

in fact there's still more chance of finding WMD's in iraq than there is of finding a jock splashing the cash !!!

in fact there's still more chance of finding WMD's in iraq than there is of finding a jock splashing the cash !!!

So you're saying there's still a chance? LOL

So you're saying there's still a chance? LOL

Yawn. Yeah yeah, and all Americans are obese right wingers, all Paddys are thick tattie howkers, all French women have hairy armpits and all English people wear bowler hats and drink tea...

Dontcha just love racial stereotypes...

:twisted: :roll: