anyone know any gangstas in thailand ?

dynamite2u

Question

17 answers to this question

What kind of Gangsta's you mean?

This kind? [ATTACH=CONFIG]113588[/ATTACH]

He doesn't really take any sh*t off of anyone.

Or this kind? [ATTACH=CONFIG]113589[/ATTACH]

All except one of them are in jail for there bad boy ways, terrorism, and all that kind of Gangsta stuff.

Or do you mean the cream of the Gangsta's, the baddest of the bad?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]113590[/ATTACH]

You don't mess with these true Gansta's, they'll seriously pop a cap in your bad a*s.

Edited by koolbreez

used to know a mini one on Samui (mini because of his fiefdom not his height) His was the only club that stayed open after 2am in Chaweng, he ran the grass trade for most of the area and some of Pha Ngang. Think he was very much the big fish in a little pond though. May not have lasted the week in Bangkok!

From what I've heard, the Samui mafia is no joke. Just as ruthless, maybe even worse than their bros in BKK.

There used to be quite a few Soul Brothers Motorcycle Gang, in cooperation with the Hells Angles that operated on Samui, until one of their investors got nailed for illegal land transactions.

By nailed do you mean shot?

I ask because I remember either last year or the year before a couple foreigners were shot and killed after they started making too much money on samui real estate.

From what I've heard, the Samui mafia is no joke. Just as ruthless, maybe even worse than their bros in BKK.

Never really saw that side of it. Saw a few guns being exchanged, saw the senior police collect their bribes. Only ever saw one bit of violence around Reung, and that was an Aussie who was trying to sell grass and pills in Chaweng.

Since I'm a newbie in Bangbuathong, Nonthaburi, i have heard about motor bike gang around here. People here told me I shouldn't take short cut to go back home, not only it's dark but the gang will block the road by their motor bikes. My neighbor was in that situation once.. she just went back to the way she came... and another neighbor's car got hit by the gang motor bike... he just drove away, didn't care about his car at all, he said if he claim for the crash, they would come with the whole gang.

I've met plenty - but I wouldn't say I 'know' them.

There's a consortium of police, ex-police and family who run a bunch of bars and clubs in Bangkok who are a type of mafia. They can do pretty much anything they want with their businesses, but they mostly just make money and not trouble. Worryingly, they remember me more than I remember them. Sometimes one of them will say hello and someone else will have to remind me who he is.

I used to have regular meetings with two mafia groups in Patong -

1 A nightclub/property gang

2 Taxi/TukTuk gang

They could make or break a business and the police were pretty powerless to do anything. The police in Patong were dicks. I paid a ****load of money, and got no proection or special treatment. In Bangkok, if you 'rent' a policeman, you get a 'special friend' and it's always worth doing it. I can still call in favours from a guy I did business with 4 or 5 years ago. But in Patong, they treated me like dirt.

As far as farang gangsters are concerned, I can say I 'know' one gang (ie I have a phone number and I can call them up) - a motorbike gang. These guys were into drugs and dodgy property deals (Samui) and made a ****load of cash. All of them were HUGE Europeans and drank heavily all the time. The one time one of them got out of hand in a bar I ran, I was pretty concerned I wouldn't be able to throw him out (and he was the smallest!), but the boys did it for me - and then they made him come back to the bar and apologise for being an a-sshole.

I still meet a few of them around Sukhumvit from time to time, including one big coke dealer. All of them were nice guys, but I knew there was a line never to cross, and I was happy they treated me as a friend.