Living in Vietnam

3forcomlink

I am a expats living in Vietnam and I realize other ideals of every expats about living in Vietnam. Few days ago, I met my friend who came to Vietnam for working, he does not like living in Vietnam, and he asked : Why do you like living in Vietnam which is small and developing country? . I explain for him that there are three reasons which make me like living in Vietnam :

First: Living in Vietnam is more comfortable than in US. We will not get stress and life is easier, no much worried.

Two: Vietnamese is very friendly with foreigner. I was borned in US and I find that American is cold and unfriendly . Example as: when I had meal in Vietnam, Vietnameses like having meal together even they are not familiar with each other. They treat me like a family member. This made me realize that I am not alone in Vietnam.

Three: I like Vietnamese simple life, such as: night life of Ho Chi Minh, landscape Vietnam is very beautiful such as: Ha Long Bay, Nha Trang, Phan Thiet Bụi N, I like listing story history of Vietnam, I can buy good food or nice clothes with middle price. I can house for rent which is beautiful, satisfied, and most important is cheap.

For me, Living in Vietnam is an brilliant idea. If he come back in Vietnam, I will make him realize that living in Vietnam is great. And you? If you need help such as: accommodation, information expats living in Vietnam, you can contact me here.

Edited by Japamerican
Removed link

about food in Vietnam - I got my worst food poisoning ever in one of the most sophisticated restos in Saigon..the lobster I chose for dinner is probably still alive, because that one was for show only. It took me four days to get back to life again. Never happened to me in 29 stays in Thailand..

The best vietnamese food I ever tried was last November in Chiang Mai. One of the former bosses of Thai Airways is running a real cosy vietnamese resto there.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just curious. You were born in the U.S but were you raised there too? If not. What country were you raised in?

Yeah, you should hear how Europeans rave that Americans are so warm and welcoming. If you feel the US is cold and unfriendly . . . there might not be too many places on the globe left :-)