Bangkok Super Skywalk

Chatty

Question

I heard that Bangkokmetro will invest 1.5 thousand million connect 50 km walk starts this March.

"Super Sky Walk" on the sky walk 50 km to Bangkok people conveniently reduce private car use. Construction with this first initial 16 km area, Sukhumvit Road, Phayathai, Bangkok and Wongweinyai will becompleted in 18 months.

MR. Dr. Sukhumphan said network Super Sky Walk will help people in Bangkok. A pathway sky without obstructions. The capacity to walk more. To walk to nearby destinations. Comfort. And faster.

I know it might be great, but how about fix Bangkok footpath first? The footpath in BKK ruin my high heels... and 50 km. who can make us sure there will be no vendors there?

2 answers to this question

I heard that Bangkokmetro will invest 1.5 thousand million connect 50 km walk starts this March.

"Super Sky Walk" on the sky walk 50 km to Bangkok people conveniently reduce private car use. Construction with this first initial 16 km area, Sukhumvit Road, Phayathai, Bangkok and Wongweinyai will becompleted in 18 months.

MR. Dr. Sukhumphan said network Super Sky Walk will help people in Bangkok. A pathway sky without obstructions. The capacity to walk more. To walk to nearby destinations. Comfort. And faster.

I know it might be great, but how about fix Bangkok footpath first? The footpath in BKK ruin my high heels... and 50 km. who can make us sure there will be no vendors there?

I was reading in The Nation today that some environmental group is asking why they don't just fix the sidewalks which would be much cheaper. They made a mention of the fact that foot traffic is being held hostage by 10,000 street vendors who are more or less allowed to obstruct the sidewalks.

If the skywalk is policed by the BTS guys it will probably be much better. The guys who run the BTS sell the retail space so they have a vested interest.