Shallow Thailand?

Guest MarkCJ

I'm sure you know that Thais don't criticism very well, joking or serious. I can say that America is full of ignorant retards who don't have a clue about the rest of the world, but if I say the same thing about Thailand, I could start WWIII.

The 100% American is 99% idiot

- George Bernard Shaw

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, sometime people choose to see what they want to see.

1) X'Mas for you people.. Let's spend **** load of money and cherish the materialism idea.

Btw, it was actually banana trees in the old days, we used.

Things changed when time passed by.

Ps. tongue in cheek? I would prefer tougue in my a**hole.

We are total ***** when it comes to Christmas, not going to dispute that at all... However the whole water Songkran thing then three months later complaining about water shortages and droughts should certainly justify a donkey **** award.

Maybe they (Thais on this forum) could use threads like this to learn about Western humour. There's more varieties of humour than slapstick. Not all Thai comdians are completely slapstick though. I like Yam Yasothorn .. he's a funny guy.

Okie, now I learned about.. what did you call it?.. ahhh "Western humour"

And I found out that it wasnt funny. I didnt laugh at any points of your post.

Or maybe it is just me..

We are total ***** when it comes to Christmas, not going to dispute that at all... However the whole water Songkran thing then three months later complaining about water shortages and droughts should certainly justify a donkey **** award.

Agree about Songkran though,

and yet again old Songkran from the beginning wasnt really like Songkran nowadays.

Guest MarkCJ

1) X'Mas for you people.. Let's spend **** load of money and cherish the materialism idea.

That's right .. like I said "It's in other countries too" .. but even the Thais have got on to the Christmas bandwagon.

Btw, it was actually banana trees in the old days, we used.

Things changed when time passed by.

Ahh .. the good old days. Biodegradable leaves.

Ps. tongue in cheek? I would prefer tougue in my a**hole.

Careful! .. Don't strain your neck!

Edited by MarkCJ

Guest MarkCJ

Or maybe it is just me..

Maybe because like JapAmerican said. You can't joke with Thais "About" Thais. I'm Australian. People can joke about Australia and I don't take it seriously. The British and Kiwis are the same. Americans can be a little touchy sometimes though.

I'm sure you know that Thais don't criticism very well, joking or serious. I can say that America is full of ignorant retards who don't have a clue about the rest of the world, but if I say the same thing about Thailand, I could start WWIII.

See what I mean now? Stay away from all criticism of Thais, even if you think you are trying to help. You're in the Thai education system...I thought you would have known this by now.

Or maybe it is just me..

I think you agree with the majority of what we're saying having lived abroad. You just wanted to talk about a tongue up the butt and decided to use this as an excuse!

Guest MarkCJ
You're in the Thai education system...I thought you would have known this by now.

This isn't a classroom. It's a forum with adults of mixed nationalities .. isn't it?

Edited by MarkCJ

Guest MarkCJ

Is it possible that "KrengJai" could fall into the theme of this thread? You act considerate of someones feelings in order to to prevent them from losing face .. because if they did you would lose face while all the while .. "inside" you are thinking what a ***** they are?

Is it possible that "KrengJai" could fall into the theme of this thread? You act considerate of someones feelings in order to to prevent them from losing face .. because if they did you would lose face while all the while .. "inside" you are thinking what a ***** they are?

If there is something that wouldnt exist on TF forum is "KrengJai", Mister.

Guest MarkCJ

Getting back on topic .. I came across this Thai proverb. " ปิดทองหลังพระ / Bit tawng lahng prah" .. "Put gold on the "back" of a Buddha Image" meaning "Doing good deeds without seeking attention"

If a proverb like that exists then the concept of doing things for show is probably not looked upon as the most genuine of actions. But Thais still do it. (things for show) Are the ones doing it aware of being ingenuous? What do the Thai members think?

If a proverb like that exists then the concept of doing things for show is probably not looked upon as the most genuine of actions. But Thais still do it. (things for show) Are the ones doing it aware of being ingenuous? What do the Thai members think?

as U say doing things for show happens all over the world .... not just Thailand. just look at ppl back home with their big fancy houses, 2 or 3 cars in the driveway, designer clothes etc. in fact until the bubble burst ppl were being encouraged to get themselves into as much debt as they could afford ... or couldn't afford as it turned out !!!!

they used to call an area in Derry "cornflakes avenue" (probably other something similar in other towns and cities) .... as by the time they'd finished paying the mortgage each month all they could afford to eat was cornflakes !!!

Guest MarkCJ
as U say doing things for show happens all over the world .... not just Thailand.

That's right .. but as this is a "Thailand" based forum .. I thought it would be more logical to concentrate on "Thailand"

****! ... I just used the words "logical" and "Thailand" in the same sentence! .. A rare event! (errr .. just "joking") :)