Who is Left Handed?

Guest MarkCJ

Guest MarkCJ

Who is Left Handed?

I am. Who else?

Is there any truth to this .... ?

Are left-handed people smarter?

Yep. According to researcher Alan Searleman, southpaws have higher IQs, solve problems better and enjoy more extensive vocabularies than righties. Lefty cases in point: Isaac Newton, Benjamin Franklin, Albert Einstein and Pablo Picasso, for starters. Not to mention every U.S. president since 1981, except GW Bush.

Not surprised about the last one.

There were more left-handed people with IQs over 140 than right-handed people - which is the "genius" bracket. This is perhaps why there are more "lefties" in creative professions - such as music, art and writing - and more left-handed astronauts and leaders than would be expected.

... and just to beat some "righty" to the punch .. yeah, yeah .. I'm thick as a brick so it must be a load of crap!

Guest MarkCJ
Whenever i see a left handed person write, i always think it looks really uncomfortable - the way they bend their hand inwards from the wrist. (Random input there lol)

Maybe they were forced to sit next to a right handed student on the right side of him. Not much room to maneuver. I write normally.

Whenever i see a left handed person write, i always think it looks really uncomfortable - the way they bend their hand inwards from the wrist. (Random input there lol)

I agree. I think if I was left handed I would teach myself to write right handed. Looks less painful :-)

I'm left handed and the only time writing is an issue, is when using a fountain pen, as the ink is smear as the palm is dragged over the still wet ink..

SoBeIt: Haven't seen any scientific proof that left handed are sexier or prefer it up the ass, but you might have done a comparison for all I know? Unfortunately, I was not included in your sample :-)

Guest MarkCJ

I only write and smoke left handed. I use tools (scissors, knives spanners etc) right handed. I catch things either handed. What does that make me? "Semi" ambidextrous?

I'm left handed and the only time writing is an issue, is when using a fountain pen, as the ink is smear as the palm is dragged over the still wet ink..

SoBeIt: Haven't seen any scientific proof that left handed are sexier or prefer it up the ass, but you might have done a comparison for all I know? Unfortunately, I was not included in your sample :-)

Unfortunately? I hope you meant fortunately....since some one would have to put something in your ass to find out if you liked it or not!

I am left handed too. Unfortunately I don't have an ID of 140+ (only 132) :( and no..I don't like it up my ass.

Honestly, I never heard a study about lefties being more intelligent but I have read that they tend to be more creative. Also, lefties are the only ones in their right mind ;)

Guest MarkCJ
I don't have an ID of 140+ ... Also, lefties are the only ones in their right mind ;)

That's right. Not too sure about the ID though. My passport ID has letters too. ;)

They also say that lefties living in a righties orientated World die sooner .. because of accidents .. I think?

My old boss once told me that left-handed people die sooner because we place more strain on the heart. But he was a tosser and I don't think he liked me very much. So it's probably BS.

Guest MarkCJ

^ The only reason left-handers would die any younger is because machinery would be made for right-handers and that would cause accidents.

Anything else could simply be a coincidence, being a lefty doesn't mean that you'll die younger it's just a conspiracy.

I'm about 90% ambidextrous (only write and smoke left handed. Everything else is either hand) .. does that mean I'll live longer than righties? Nah. Your boss is a quack. ;)

Edited by MarkCJ